- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 139801, 5 pages
Management of External Invasive Cervical Resorption Tooth with Mineral Trioxide Aggregate: A Case Report
1Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Sharad Pawar Dental College, Wardha, Maharashtra 442 004, India
2Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Bharati Vidyapeeth Dental College and Hospital, Sangli, Maharashtra 414 414, India
3Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Karmaveer Bhausaheb Hiray Dental College, Maharashtra 422 003, Nashik, India
Received 21 September 2012; Accepted 3 January 2013
Academic Editor: W. Zidek
Copyright © 2013 Anuja Ikhar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. W. Barclay, “Root resorption: aetiology, classification and clinical management,” Dental Update, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 248–250, 1993.
- L. K. Bakland, “Root resorption,” Dental Clinics of North America, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 491–507, 1992.
- L. Tronstad, “Root resorption—etiology, terminology and clinical manifestations,” Endodontics & Dental Traumatology, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 241–252, 1988.
- M. Trope, “Root resorption of dental and traumatic origin: classification based on etiology,” Practical Periodontics and Aesthetic Dentistry, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 515–522, 1998.
- S. I. Gold and G. Hasselgren, “Peripheral inflammatory root resorption. A review of the literature with case reports,” Journal of Clinical Periodontology, vol. 19, no. 8, pp. 523–534, 1992.
- G. W. Harrington and E. Natkin, “External resorption associated with bleaching of pulpless teeth,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 5, no. 11, pp. 344–348, 1979.
- S. Madison and R. Walton, “Cervical root resorption following bleaching of endodontically treated teeth,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 16, no. 12, pp. 570–574, 1990.
- A. L. Frank and M. Torabinejad, “Diagnosis and treatment of extracanal invasive resorption,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 500–504, 1998.
- G. S. Heithersay, “Invasive cervical resorption: an analysis of potential predisposing factors,” Quintessence International, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 83–95, 1999.
- L. Bergmans, J. van Cleynenbreugel, E. Verbeken, M. Wevers, B. van Meerbeek, and P. Lambrechts, “Cervical external root resorption in vital teeth: X-ray microfocus-tomographical and histopathological case study,” Journal of Clinical Periodontology, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 580–585, 2002.
- S. Patel, S. Kanagasingam, and T. P. Ford, “External cervical resorption: a review,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 616–625, 2009.
- J. Camilleri, F. E. Montesin, S. Papaioannou, F. McDonald, and T. R. P. Ford, “Biocompatibility of two commercial forms of mineral trioxide aggregate,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 37, no. 10, pp. 699–704, 2004.
- M. Torabinejad, T. F. Watson, and T. R. P. Ford, “Sealing ability of a mineral trioxide aggregate when used as a root end filling material,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 19, no. 12, pp. 591–595, 1993.
- M. Torabinejad, R. K. Higa, D. J. McKendry, and T. R. P. Ford, “Dye leakage of four root end filling materials: effects of blood contamination,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 159–163, 1994.
- T. R. P. Ford, M. Torabinejad, D. J. McKendry, C. U. Hong, and S. P. Kariyawasam, “Use of mineral trioxide aggregate for repair of furcal perforations,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology and, vol. 79, no. 6, pp. 756–763, 1995.
- R. Menezes, U. X. da Silva Neto, E. Carneiro, A. Letra, C. Monteiro Bramante, and N. Bernadinelli, “MTA repair of a supracrestal perforation: a case report,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 212–214, 2005.
- G. S. Heithersay, “Clinical, radiologic, and histopathologic features of invasive cervical resorption,” Quintessence International, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 27–37, 1999.
- S. R. Sluyk, P. C. Moon, and G. R. Hartwell, “Evaluation of setting properties and retention characteristics of mineral trioxide aggregate when used as a furcation perforation repair material,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 768–771, 1998.
- O. Bauss, J. Röhling, and R. Schwestka-Polly, “Prevalence of traumatic injuries to the permanent incisors in candidates for orthodontic treatment,” Dental Traumatology, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 61–66, 2004.
- G. J. Christensen, “Posts: necessary or unnecessary?” Journal of the American Dental Association, vol. 127, no. 10, pp. 1522–1526, 1996.
- S. Deliperi, D. N. Bardwell, and C. Coiana, “Reconstruction of devital teeth using direct fiber-reinforced composite resins: a case report,” Journal of Adhesive Dentistry, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 165–171, 2005.
- A. J. E. Qualtrough and F. Mannocci, “Tooth-colored post systems: a review,” Operative Dentistry, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 86–91, 2003.
- G. J. Christensen, “When to use fillers, build-ups or posts and cores,” Journal of the American Dental Association, vol. 127, no. 9, pp. 1397–1398, 1996.
- R. Holland, J. A. Filho, V. de Souza, M. J. Nery, P. F. Bernabe, and E. D. Junior, “Mineral trioxide aggregate repair of lateral root perforations,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 281–284, 2001.
- C. Main, N. Mirzayan, S. Shabahang, and M. Torabinejad, “Repair of root perforations using mineral trioxide aggregate: a long-term study,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 80–83, 2004.