- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Urology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 354219, 3 pages
Case of Eosinophilic Cystitis Treated with Suplatast Tosilate as Maintenance Therapy
Department of Urology, JA Onomichi General Hospital, Hiroshima 722-0018, Japan
Received 18 June 2012; Accepted 15 August 2012
Academic Editors: S. K. Hong and E. Tuzel
Copyright © 2012 Tateki Yoshino and Hiroyuki Moriyama. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. W. Brown, “Eosinophilic granuloma of the bladder,” The Journal of Urology, vol. 83, pp. 665–668, 1960.
- A. J. Palubinskas, “Eosinophilic cystitis. Case report of eosinophilic infiltration of the urinary bladder,” Radiology, vol. 75, pp. 589–591, 1960.
- N. M. B. Itano and R. S. Malek, “Eosinophilic cystitis in adults,” Journal of Urology, vol. 165, no. 3, pp. 805–807, 2001.
- D. Van Den Ouden, “Diagnosis and management of eosinophilic cystitis. A pooled analysis of 135 cases,” European Urology, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 386–394, 2000.
- S. Kiliç, R. Erguvan, D. Ipek et al., “Eosinophilic cystitis: a rare inflammatory pathology mimicking bladder neoplasms,” Urologia Internationalis, vol. 71, no. 3, pp. 285–289, 2003.
- K. A. Barry and S. Z. H. Jafri, “Eosinophilic cystitis: CT findings,” Abdominal Imaging, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 272–273, 1994.
- P. F. Weller, “The immunobiology of eosinophils,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 324, no. 16, pp. 1110–1118, 1991.
- S. Dubucquoi, A. Janin, P. Desreumaux et al., “Evidence for eosinophil activation in eosinophilic cystitis,” European Urology, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 254–258, 1994.
- M. Watanabe, K. Yamaguchi, T. Yamanishi, T. Kamai, and K. I. Yoshida, “A case of eosinophilic cystitis that was treated with oral suplatast tosilate (IPD-1151T),” Acta Urologica Japonica, vol. 55, no. 11, pp. 715–719, 2009.
- Y. Yanagihara, M. Kiniwa, K. Ikizawa, T. Shida, N. Matsuura, and A. Koda, “Suppression of IgE production by IPD-1151T (suplatast tosilate), a new dimethylsulfonium agent: (2) regulation of human IgE response,” Japanese Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 31–39, 1993.
- H. Yamaya, Y. Basaki, M. Togawa, M. Kojima, M. Kiniwa, and N. Matsuura, “Down-regulation of TH2 cell-mediated murine peritoneal eosinophilia by antiallergic agents,” Life Sciences, vol. 56, no. 19, pp. 1647–1654, 1995.
- H. Y. Lin, Y. H. Chou, W. J. Wu, C. H. Huang, and C. Y. Chai, “Eosinophilic cystitis: eight cases report and literature review,” The Kaohsiung Journal of Medical Sciences, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 30–34, 2002.