- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 927592, 11 pages
A Numerical Model for Railroad Freight Car-to-Car End Impact
School of Traffic and Transportation, Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing 100044, China
Received 11 September 2012; Revised 9 November 2012; Accepted 21 November 2012
Academic Editor: Wuhong Wang
Copyright © 2012 Chao Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. Wang, Vehicle's Man-Machine Interaction Safety and Driver Assistance, China Communications Press, Beijing, China, 2012.
- H. J. Fletcher, L. Rongved, and E. Y. Yu, “Dynamics analysis of a two-body gravitationally oriented satellite,” Bell System Technical Journal, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 2239–2266, 1963.
- W. W. Hooker and G. Margulies, “The dynamical attitude equations for an -body satellite,” American Astronautical Society. Journal of the Astronautical Sciences, vol. 12, pp. 123–128, 1965.
- W. W. Hooker, “A set of r-dynamical attitude equations for an arbitrary n-body satellite having rotational degrees of freedom,” American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics Journal, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 1205–1207, 1970.
- R. Schwertassek and R. E. Roberson, “A state-space dynamical representation for multibody mechanical systems part I: systems with tree configuration,” Acta Mechanica, vol. 50, no. 3-4, pp. 141–161, 1984.
- R. E. Roberson and R. Schwertassek, Dynamics of Multibody Systems, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1988.
- W. Wang, X. Jiang, S. Xia, and Q. Cao, “Incident tree model and incident tree analysis method for quantified risk assessment: an in-depth accident study in traffic operation,” Safety Science, vol. 48, no. 10, pp. 1248–1262, 2010.
- R. E. Roberson and W. Wittenburg, “A dynamical formalism for an arbitrary number of interconnected rigid bodies with reference to the problem of satellite attitude control,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Federation of Automatic Control Congress (IFAC '66), London, UK, 1966.
- J. Wittenburg, Dynamics of Systems of Rigid Bodies, Teubner, Stuttgart, Germany, 1977.
- R. V. Dukkipati, Vehicle Dynamics, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 2000.
- N. M. Newmark, “A method of computation for structural dynamics,” Journal of the Engineering Mechanical Division, vol. 85, no. 2, pp. 67–94, 1959.
- E. L. Wilson, I. Farhoomand, and K. J. Bathe, “Nonlinear dynamic analysis of complex structure,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 241–252, 1973.
- K. J. Bath and E. L. Wilson, Numerical Methods in Finite Element Analysis, Prentice Hall, New York, NY, USA, 1976.
- E. Süli and D. F. Mayers, An Introduction to Numerical Analysis, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2003.
- J. Stoer and R. Bulirsch, Introduction to Numerical Analysis, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 2002.
- G. Da-Hu and S. A. Meguid, “Stability of Runge-Kutta methods for delay differential systems with multiple delays,” IMA Journal of Numerical Analysis, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 349–356, 1999.
- W. Zhiqiao, L-Stable Methods for Numerical Solution of Structural Dynamics Equations and Multibody Dynamics Equations, National University of Defense Technology, 2009.
- T. Guangrong, Study on System Dynamics of Heavy Haul Train, Southwest Jiaotong University, 2009.
- W. Chengguo, M. Dawei, W. Xuejun, and L. Lan, “Research on structures and performances of heavy haul buffer by numerical simulation,” Railway Locomotive & Car, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 1–4, 2009.
- H. Guoliang, L. Fengtao, W. Xuejun, and W. Chengguo, “Characteristics research in spring friction draft gear of heavy haul freight cars,” Lubrication Engineering, vol. 34, no. 7, pp. 69–73, 2009.
- L. Ming, H. Guoliang, W. Xuejun, and W. Chengguo, “Simulation analysis and experiment research into two typical draft gear of heavy haul freight cars,” Coal Mine Machinery, vol. 30, no. 9, pp. 76–78, 2009.
- H. Yunhua, L. Fu, and F. Maohai, “Research on the characteristics of vehicle buffers,” China Railway Science, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 95–99, 2005.
- D. Karnopp, “Computer simulation of stick-slip friction in mechanical dynamic systems,” Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, Transactions of the ASME, vol. 107, no. 1, pp. 101–103, 1985.