- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 515973, 8 pages
The Fractional Complex Step Method
1Institute of Mathematical Sciences, University of Malaya, 50603, Malaysia
2Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology, University of Malaya, 50603, Malaysia
Received 24 January 2013; Revised 21 March 2013; Accepted 25 March 2013
Academic Editor: Jehad Alzabut
Copyright © 2013 Rabha W. Ibrahim and Hamid A. Jalab. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Lyness and C. Moler, “Numerical differentiation of analytic functions,” Journal of Numerical Analysis, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 202–210, 1967.
- K. L. Lai and J. L. Crassidis, “Extensions of the first and second complex-step derivative approximations,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 219, no. 1, pp. 276–293, 2008.
- L. I. Cerviño and T. R. Bewley, “On the extension of the complex-step derivative technique to pseudospectral algorithms,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 187, no. 2, pp. 544–549, 2003.
- J. Kim, D. G. Bates, and I. Postlethwaite, “Complex-step gradient approximation for robustness analysis of nonlinear systems,” in Proceedings of the 16th Triennial World Congress of International Federation of Automatic Control (IFAC '05), pp. 1–6, Czech Republic, July 2005.
- J. Kim, D. G. Bates, and I. Postlethwaite, “Nonlinear robust performance analysis using complex-step gradient approximation,” Automatica, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 177–182, 2006.
- J. Weiya, B. H. Dennis, and B. P. Wang, “Improved sensitivity analysis using a complex variable semi-analytical method,” Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 433–439, 2010.
- A. Voorhees, H. Millwater, and R. Bagley, “Complex variable methods for shape sensitivity of finite element models,” Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, vol. 47, no. 10, pp. 1146–1156, 2011.
- A. H. Al-Mohy and N. J. Higham, “The complex step approximation to the fréchet derivative of a matrix function,” Numerical Algorithms, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 133–148, 2010.
- Y. Cao, “Complex Step Hessian,” 2008, http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/18177-complex-step-hessian/content/hessiancsd.m.
- R. Abreu, D. Stich, and J. Morales, “On the generalization of the complex step method,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 241, pp. 84–102, 2013.
- K. S. Miller and B. Ross, An Introduction to the Fractional Integrals and Derivatives-Theory and Application, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- R. Hilfer, Application of Fractional Calculus in Physics, World Scientific, Singapore, 2000.
- B. J. West, M. Bologna, and P. Grigolini, Physics of Fractal Operators, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- A. A. Kilbas, H. M. Srivastava, and J. J. Trujillo, Theory and Applications of Fractional Differential Equations, North-Holland Mathematics Studies, Elsevier, New York, NY, USA, 2006.
- J. Sabatier, O. P. Agrawal, and J. A. Tenreiro Machado, Advance in Fractional Calculus: Theoretical Developments and Applications in Physics and Engineering, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2007.
- V. Lakshmikantham, S. Leela, and J. Vasundhara Devi, Theory of Fractional Dynamic Systems, Cambridge Scientific Publications, Cambridge, UK, 2009.
- I. Podlubny, “Geometric and physical interpretation of fractional integration andfractional differentiation,” Fractional Calculus and Applied Analysis, vol. 5, no. 4, 2002.
- K. M. Kolwankar and A. D. Gangal, “Fractional differentiability of nowhere differentiable functions and dimensions,” Chaos, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 505–513, 1996.
- F. Ben Adda and J. Cresson, “About non-differentiable functions,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 263, no. 2, pp. 721–737, 2001.
- Z. M. Odibat and N. T. Shawagfeh, “Generalized Taylor's formula,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 186, no. 1, pp. 286–293, 2007.
- X. Yang and F. Gao, “Fundamentals of local fractional iteration of the continuously nondifferentiable functions derived from local fractional calculus,” Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol. 153, no. 2, pp. 398–404, 2011.
- W. Squire and G. Trapp, “Using complex variables to estimate derivatives of real functions,” SIAM Review, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 110–112, 1998.
- Matlab, The MathWorks, Natick, Massachusetts, USA, 2010, http://www.mathworks.com/.