- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 620384, 9 pages
Inhibitory Activities of Zygophyllum album: A Natural Weight-Lowering Plant on Key Enzymes in High-Fat Diet-Fed Rats
1Laboratory of Animal Ecophysiology, Faculty of Sciences of Sfax, University of Sfax, P.O. Box 95, Sfax 3000, Tunisia
2Laboratory of Chemistry of Natural Products, Faculty of Sciences of Sfax, B.P. 1171, Sfax 3000, Tunisia
3Biotechnology High School of Sfax (ISBS), University of Sfax, P.O. Box 261, Sfax 3052, Tunisia
4Hematological and Clinical Biochemistry Laboratory, Hospital of Sidi Bouzid, Sidi Bouzid 9100, Tunisia
Received 13 May 2012; Accepted 13 August 2012
Academic Editor: David Mischoulon
Copyright © 2012 Kais Mnafgui et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Kais Mnafgui, Fatima Kaanich, Amal Derbali, Khaled Hamden, Fatma Derbali, Sadok Slama, Noureddine Allouche, and Abdelfattah Elfeki, “Inhibition of key enzymes related to diabetes and hypertension by Eugenol in vitro and in alloxan-induced diabetic rats,” Archives of Physiology and Biochemistry, vol. 119, no. 5, pp. 225–233, 2013.
- Entisar K. Al-Hallaq, Violet Kasabri, Shtaywy S. Abdalla, Yasser K. Bustanji, and Fatma U. Afifi, “Anti-Obesity and Antihyperglycemic Effects of <i>Crataegus aronia</i> Extracts: <i>In Vitro</i> and <i>in Vivo</i> Evaluations,” Food and Nutrition Sciences, vol. 04, no. 09, pp. 972–983, 2013.
- Salwa H. Zekry, Dina M. Abo-elmatty, Rawia A. Zayed, Mohamed M. Radwan, Mahmoud A. ElSohly, Hashim A. Hassanean, and Safwat A. Ahmed, “Effect of metabolites isolated from Cuscuta pedicellata on high fat diet-fed rats,” Medicinal Chemistry Research, 2014.
- Kais Mnafgui, Amal Derbali, Sami Sayadi, Neji Gharsallah, Abdelfattah Elfeki, and Noureddine Allouche, “Anti-obesity and cardioprotective effects of cinnamic acid in high fat diet- induced obese rats,” Journal of Food Science and Technology, 2014.
- Mi-Ok Sim, Ju Ri Ham, Hae-In Lee, Kwon-Il Seo, and Mi-Kyung Lee, “Long-term supplementation of umbelliferone and 4-methylumbelliferone alleviates high-fat diet induced hypertriglyceridemia and hyperglycemia in mice,” Chemico-Biological Interactions, 2014.
- Kais Mnafgui, Mouna Kchaou, Khaled Hamden, Fatma Derbali, Sadok Slama, Mbarek Nasri, Hichem Ben Salah, Noureddine Allouche, and Abdelfattah Elfeki, “Inhibition of carbohydrate and lipid digestive enzymes activities by Zygophyllum album extracts: effect on blood and pancreas inflammatory biomarkers in alloxan-induced diabetic rats,” Journal of Physiology and Biochemistry, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 93–106, 2014.
- Bramanage Sachini Rangika, Pavithra Dilakshini Dayananda, and Dinithi Champika Peiris, “Hypoglycemic and hypolipidemic activities of aqueous extract of flowers from Nycantus arbor-tristis L. in male mice,” BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 15, no. 1, 2015.
- Kais Mnafgui, Mouna Kchaou, Hichem Ben Salah, Raouf Hajji, Gaddour Khabbabi, Abdelfattah Elfeki, Noureddine Allouche, and Neji Gharsallah, “ Essential oil of Zygophyllum album inhibits key-digestive enzymes related to diabetes and hypertension and attenuates symptoms of diarrhea in alloxan-induced diabetic rats ,” Pharmaceutical Biology, pp. 1–8, 2015.
- Rihab Aydi, Amel Ben Gara, Rim Chaaben, Hajer Ben Saad, Lotfi Fki, Abdelfattah ElFeki, Hafedh Belghith, Karima Belghith, and Majed Kammoun, “Hypolipidemic effect of dihydroisoquinoline oxaziridine in high-fat diet-fed rats,” Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy, vol. 82, pp. 660–668, 2016.
- Anouar Feriani, Rafik Hachani, Belhassen Kaabi, Marwa Ncir, Abdelfattah El Feki, and Mohamed Salah Allagui, “ Protective effects of Zygophyllum album extract against deltamethrin-induced hyperglycemia and hepato-pancreatic disorders in rats ,” Canadian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology, pp. 1–9, 2016.
- Shereen Arabiyat, Ashraf Al-Rabi'ee, Hiba Zalloum, Mohammad Hudaib, Mohammad Mohammad, and Yasser Bustanji, “Antilipolytic and hypotriglyceridemic effects of dietary Salvia triloba Lf (Lamiaceae) in experimental rats,” Tropical Journal Of Pharmaceutical Research, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 723–728, 2016.
- Gerard Aragonès, Andrea Ardid-Ruiz, Maria Ibars, Manuel Suárez, and Cinta Bladé, “Modulation of leptin resistance by food compounds,” Molecular Nutrition & Food Research, vol. 60, no. 8, pp. 1789–1803, 2016.
- Raida Zouari, Khaled Hamden, Abdelfattah El Feki, Khansa Chaabouni, Fatma Makni-Ayadi, Choumous Kallel, Fahima Sallemi, Semia Ellouze-Chaabouni, and Dhouha Ghribi-Aydi, “Protective and curative effects of Bacillus subtilis SPB1 biosurfactant on high-fat-high-fructose diet induced hyperlipidemia, hypertriglyceridemia and deterioration of liver function in rats,” Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy, vol. 84, pp. 323–329, 2016.