- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 863905, 11 pages
Effectiveness of Yoga for Menopausal Symptoms: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials
Chair of Complementary and Integrative Medicine, University of Duisburg-Essen, Essen, Germany
Received 3 May 2012; Accepted 1 June 2012
Academic Editor: Arndt Büssing
Copyright © 2012 Holger Cramer et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [25 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Arndt Büssing, Andreas Michalsen, Sat Bir S. Khalsa, Shirley Telles, and Karen J. Sherman, “Effects of Yoga on Mental and Physical Health: A Short Summary of Reviews,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, pp. 1–7, 2012.
- Holger Cramer, Romy Lauche, Jost Langhorst, and Gustav Dobos, “Yoga For Depression: A Systematic Review And Meta-Analysis,” Depression and Anxiety, 2013.
- R. Lauche, J. Langhorst, G. Dobos, and H. Cramer, “A systematic review and meta-analysis of Tai Chi for osteoarthritis of the knee,” Complementary Therapies in Medicine, 2013.
- Melissa D. Avery, “Current Resources for Evidence-Based Practice, March/April 2013,” Journal of Midwifery & Women's Health, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 221–225, 2013.
- Melissa D. Avery, “Current Resources for Evidence-Based Practice March/April 2013,” Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, & Neonatal Nursing, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. E44–E51, 2013.
- Romy Lauche, Jost Langhorst, and Gustav Dobos, “Yoga for rheumatic diseases: a systematic review,” Rheumatology, vol. 52, no. 11, pp. 2025–2030, 2013.
- Holger Cramer, Carol Krucoff, and Gustav Dobos, “Adverse Events Associated with Yoga: A Systematic Review of Published Case Reports and Case Series,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 10, 2013.
- Christian Kessler, and Andreas Michalsen, “Science-Based Yoga - Stretching Mind, Body, and Soul,” Forschende Komplementarmedizin, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 176–178, 2013.
- Holger Cramer, Romy Lauche, Petra Klose, Jost Langhorst, and Gustav Dobos, “Yoga for schizophrenia: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” Bmc Psychiatry, vol. 13, 2013.
- Holger Cramer, Romy Lauche, Jost Langhorst, Gustav Dobos, and Anna Paul, “Quality of Life and Mental Health in Patients with Chronic Diseases Who Regularly Practice Yoga and Those Who Do Not: A Case-Control Study,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Holger Cramer, Romy Lauche, and Gustav Dobos, “Characteristics of randomized controlled trials of yoga: a bibliometric analysis,” Bmc Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 14, 2014.
- JoAnn V. Pinkerton, and Carolyn S. Wilson, “Perspectives on the first randomized sham-controlled trial of stellate ganglion block for hot flashes,” Menopause, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 788–791, 2014.
- Holger Cramer, Paul Posadzki, Gustav Dobos, and Jost Langhorst, “Yoga for asthma: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, 2014.
- Holger Cramer, Romy Lauche, Heidemarie Haller, Nico Steckhan, Andreas Michalsen, and Gustav Dobos, “Effects of yoga on cardiovascular disease risk factors: A systematic review and meta-analysis,” International Journal of Cardiology, 2014.
- Holger Cramer, Romy Lauche, Hoda Azizi, Gustav Dobos, and Jost Langhorst, “Yoga for Multiple Sclerosis: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 11, 2014.
- Amanda Daley, Helen Stokes-Lampard, Adele Thomas, and Christine MacArthur, “Exercise for vasomotor menopausal symptoms,” Cochrane Database Of Systematic Reviews, no. 11, 2014.
- Holger Cramer, Sybille Rabsilber, Romy Lauche, Sherko Kümmel, and Gustav Dobos, “Yoga and meditation for menopausal symptoms in breast cancer survivors-A randomized controlled trial,” Cancer, 2015.
- Holger Cramer, Romy Lauche, Heidemarie Haller, Gustav Dobos, and Andreas Michalsen, “A systematic review of yoga for heart disease,” European Journal Of Preventive Cardiology, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 284–295, 2015.
- Hong Gong, Chenxu Ni, Xiaoliang Shen, Tengyun Wu, and Chunlei Jiang, “Yoga for prenatal depression: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” BMC Psychiatry, vol. 15, no. 1, 2015.
- Holger Cramer, Romy Lauche, Jost Langhorst, and Gustav Dobos, “Are Indian yoga trials more likely to be positive than those from other countries? A systematic review of randomized controlled trials,” Contemporary Clinical Trials, 2015.
- Yuko Kai, Toshiya Nagamatsu, Yoshinori Kitabatake, and Hiroomi Sensui, “Effects of stretching on menopausal and depressive symptoms in middle-aged women,” Menopause, vol. 23, no. 8, pp. 827–832, 2016.
- Márcia P. Jorge, Danilo F. Santaella, Isabella M.O. Pontes, Victor K.M. Shiramizu, Ezequiel B. Nascimento, Alícia Cabral, Telma M.A.M. Lemos, Regina H. Silva, and Alessandra M. Ribeiro, “Hatha Yoga practice decreases menopause symptoms and improves quality of life: A randomized controlled trial,” Complementary Therapies in Medicine, vol. 26, pp. 128–135, 2016.
- Dania Schumann, Dennis Anheyer, Romy Lauche, Gustav Dobos, Jost Langhorst, and Holger Cramer, “Effect of Yoga in the Therapy of Irritable Bowel Syndrome: A Systematic Review,” Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 2016.
- M Wolff, K Rogers, B Erdal, J P Chalmers, K Sundquist, and P Midlöv, “Impact of a short home-based yoga programme on blood pressure in patients with hypertension: a randomized controlled trial in primary care,” Journal of Human Hypertension, 2016.
- Patricia A. Kinser, Jo Lynne W. Robins, and Saba W. Masho, “Self-Administered Mind-Body Practices for Reducing Health Disparities: An Interprofessional Opinion and Call to Action,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2016, pp. 1–6, 2016.