- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 840427, 9 pages
dTGS: Method for Effective Components Identification from Traditional Chinese Medicine Formula and Mechanism Analysis
1Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, School of Chinese Pharmacy No. 6, Zhonghuan South Road, Wangjing, Chaoyang, Beijing 100102, China
2Pennsylvania State University Erie, The Behrend College, School of Engineering, 5101 Jordan Road, Erie, PA 16563, USA
Received 24 July 2013; Revised 27 September 2013; Accepted 27 September 2013
Academic Editor: Weidong Zhang
Copyright © 2013 Ji Luo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Wang, C. Ding, C. Wu et al., “HPLC-MS and HPLC-MS/MS analysis of seven active constituents of Xiao-Xu-Ming decoction and application to a pharmacokinetic study after oral administration to rat,” Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica B, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 188–197, 2012.
- N. Agrawal, J. Pallos, N. Slepko et al., “Identification of combinatorial drug regimens for treatment of Huntington's disease using Drosophila,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 102, no. 10, pp. 3777–3781, 2005.
- A. A. Borisy, P. J. Elliott, N. W. Hurst et al., “Systematic discovery of multicomponent therapeutics,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 100, no. 13, pp. 7977–7982, 2003.
- Z. Wen, Z. Wang, S. Wang et al., “Discovery of molecular mechanisms of traditional Chinese medicinal formula Si-Wu-Tang using gene expression microarray and connectivity map,” PLoS One, vol. 6, no. 3, Article ID e18278, 2011.
- S. Li, “Network systems underlying traditional Chinese medicine syndrome and herb formula,” Current Bioinformatics, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 188–196, 2009.
- J. Gu, H. Zhang, L. Chen, S. Xu, G. Yuan, and X. Xu, “Drug-target network and polypharmacology studies of a traditional Chinese medicine for type II diabetes mellitus,” Computational Biology and Chemistry, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 293–297, 2011.
- M. E. J. Newman, “The structure and function of complex networks,” Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics Review, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 167–256, 2003.
- R. Albert and A.-L. Barabási, “Statistical mechanics of complex networks,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 74, no. 1, pp. 47–97, 2002.
- Y. Wang, “Entity grammar systems: a grammatical tool for studying the hierarchal structures of biological systems,” Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, vol. 66, no. 3, pp. 447–471, 2004.
- R. Zheng, K. S. Wang, and Y. Wang, “Regulating flow graph model of chemical processes in framework of entity grammar systems,” Computer Engineering and Applications, vol. 46, pp. 245–248, 2010.
- J. Yan, Y. Wang, S.-J. Luo, and Y.-J. Qiao, “TCM grammar systems: an approach to aid the interpretation of the molecular interactions in Chinese herbal medicine,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 137, no. 1, pp. 77–84, 2011.
- L. Lin, Contemporary Diabetes Mellitus in Traditional Chinese Medicine, People's Medical Publishing House, Beijing, China, 2008.
- H. B. Liu, Y. X. Qiao, B. Liu, and J. J. Zhou, “Transformation of traditional Chinese medicine database into data warehouse,” Chinese Pharmaceutical Journal, vol. 9, pp. 645–648, 2006.
- X. Q. Chang and L. X. Ding, A Handbook on Analysis of the Active Composition in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Academy Press, Beijing, China, 2002.
- M. Kuhn, C. von Mering, M. Campillos, L. J. Jensen, and P. Bork, “STITCH: interaction networks of chemicals and proteins,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 36, supplement 1, pp. D684–D688, 2008.
- P. Shannon, A. Markiel, O. Ozier et al., “Cytoscape: a software Environment for integrated models of biomolecular interaction networks,” Genome Research, vol. 13, no. 11, pp. 2498–2504, 2003.
- F. Halperin, X. Lopez, R. Manning, C. R. Kahn, R. N. Kulkarni, and A. B. Goldfine, “Insulin augmentation of glucose-stimulated insulin secretion is impaired in insulin-resistant humans,” Diabetes, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 301–309, 2012.
- M. Y. Donath, J. A. Ehses, K. Maedler et al., “Mechanisms of β-cell death in type 2 diabetes,” Diabetes, vol. 54, supplement 2, pp. S108–S113, 2005.
- M. S. Balasubashini, R. Rukkumani, and V. P. Menon, “Protective effects of ferulic acid on hyperlipidemic diabetic rats,” Acta Diabetologica, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 118–122, 2003.
- T. Miura, N. Iwamoto, M. Kato et al., “The suppressive effect mangiferin with exercise on blood lipids in type 2 diabetes,” Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 24, no. 9, pp. 1091–1092, 2001.
- C.-H. Chen, L. L. H. Huang, C.-C. Huang, C.-C. Lin, Y. Lee, and F.-J. Lu, “Baicalein, a novel apoptotic agent for hepatoma cell lines: a potential medicine for hepatoma,” Nutrition and Cancer, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 287–295, 2000.
- J. Yin, R. Hu, M. Chen et al., “Effects of berberine on glucose metabolism in vitro,” Metabolism, vol. 51, no. 11, pp. 1439–1443, 2002.
- J. Yin, H. Xing, and J. Ye, “Efficacy of berberine in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus,” Metabolism, vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 712–717, 2008.
- G. A. Xu, “Drug composition for treating 2 type diabetes and diabetic chronicity complications,” US. publication no. 2009/0176816 A1.
- J. Young, “Method of treating non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus and related complications,” US. publication no. 2005/0019435 A1.