Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine / 2019 / Article / Fig 4

Research Article

Metabolic Response in Rats following Electroacupuncture or Moxibustion Stimulation

Figure 4

Enhanced volcano plots for screening of candidate metabolites associated with stimulation of the SM acupoints, showing data from cortex (top row), stomach (middle), and liver (bottom) tissues. VIP value and are represented by circles size and colour, respectively. For each comparison, VIP values are categorized into four segments: top 5%, top 10%, top 20%. and the rest 80% with each represented by a circle of decreasing size. A cut-off dotted line that represents p-value = 0.05 (i.e., -lg(p-value)=1.30) is included in each plot, and differential metabolites with p < 0.05 will have value of -lg(p-value) > 1.30. Abbreviations: adenosine monophosphate (AMP), adenosine (Ado), adenosine triphosphate (ATP), acetate (Ace), alanine (Ala), aspartate (Asp), betaine (Bet), creatine (Cr), ethanolamine (EthA), formate (For), guanidinoacetate (GA), gamma-aminobutyrate (GABA), guanosine (Gu), glutamine (Gln), glutamate (Glu), hypoxanthine (HX), inosine (Ino), isoleucine (Ile), leucine (Leu), lactate (Lac), oxaloacetate (OA), phosphocholine (PC), phenylalanine (Phe), serine (Ser), taurine (Tau), tyrosine (Tyr), uridine (Ud), valine (Val), and xanthine (Xan).

We are committed to sharing findings related to COVID-19 as quickly and safely as possible. Any author submitting a COVID-19 paper should notify us at help@hindawi.com to ensure their research is fast-tracked and made available on a preprint server as soon as possible. We will be providing unlimited waivers of publication charges for accepted articles related to COVID-19. Sign up here as a reviewer to help fast-track new submissions.