- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Economics Research International
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 474230, 8 pages
Electronic Waste: A Growing Concern in Today's Environment
1Department of Management Systems, College of Business, Ohio University, Athens, OH 45701, USA
2MIS Department, College of Business, Southern University of New Orleans, New Orleans, LA 70126, USA
3Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Russ College of Engineering and Technology, Ohio University OH 45701, Athens, USA
Received 3 December 2010; Revised 18 March 2011; Accepted 5 April 2011
Academic Editor: Yew-Kwang Ng
Copyright © 2011 M. Khurrum S. Bhutta et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Qingbin Song, and Jinhui Li, “Environmental effects of heavy metals derived from the e-waste recycling activities in China: A systematic review,” Waste Management, 2014.
- KeQiu Li, ShaSha Liu, QiaoYun Yang, YuXia Zhao, JunFang Zuo, Ran Li, YaQing Jing, XiaoBo He, XingHua Qiu, Guang Li, and Tong Zhu, “Genotoxic effects and serum abnormalities in residents of regions proximal to e-waste disposal facilities in Jinghai, China,” Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety, vol. 105, pp. 51–58, 2014.
- R. Khanna, R. Cayumil, P.S. Mukherjee, and V. Sahajwalla, “A Novel Recycling Approach for Transforming Waste Printed Circuit Boards into a Material Resource,” Procedia Environmental Sciences, vol. 21, pp. 42–54, 2014.
- Yuanyuan Gao, Yingying Wang, and Qixing Zhou, “Distribution and temporal variation of PCBs and PAHs in soils and sediments from an e-waste dismantling site in China,” Environmental Earth Sciences, 2015.
- Amin Jafari, Jafar Heydari, and Abbas Keramati, “Factors affecting incentive dependency of residents to participate in e-waste recycling: a case study on adoption of e-waste reverse supply chain in Iran,” Environment, Development and Sustainability, 2015.
- Qingbin Song, and Jinhui Li, “A review on human health consequences of metals exposure to e-waste in China,” Environmental Pollution, vol. 196, pp. 450–461, 2015.
- Z. Sun, H. Cao, Y. Xiao, J. Sietsma, W. Jin, H. Agterhuis, and Y. Yang, “Toward Sustainability for Recovery of Critical Metals from Electronic Waste: The Hydrochemistry Processes,” ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, 2016.
- Cihan Ozgur, Sezen Coskun, Ata Akcil, Mehmet Beyhan, Ismail Serkan Üncü, and Gokhan Civelekoglu, “Combined oxidative leaching and electrowinning process for mercury recovery from spent fluorescent lamps,” Waste Management, 2016.
- Vijay Kumar Garlapati, “E-waste in India and developed countries: Management, recycling, business and biotechnological initiatives,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 54, pp. 874–881, 2016.
- Narendra Singh, Jinhui Li, and Xianlai Zeng, “Solutions and challenges in recycling waste cathode-ray tubes,” Journal of Cleaner Production, vol. 133, pp. 188–200, 2016.
- Euan Long, Saskia Kokke, Donald Lundie, Nicola Shaw, Winifred Ijomah, and Chih-chuan Kao, “Technical solutions to improve global sustainable management of waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) in the EU and China,” Journal of Remanufacturing, vol. 6, no. 1, 2016.