- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Education Research International
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 536024, 8 pages
Project-Based Learning to Promote Effective Learning in Biotechnology Courses
Department of Biological Sciences, Harold Washington College, 30 East Lake Street, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Received 19 March 2012; Accepted 23 May 2012
Academic Editor: Annemie Desoete
Copyright © 2012 Farahnaz Movahedzadeh et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. J. Treacy, S. M. Sankaran, S. Gordon-Messer et al., “Implementation of a project-based molecular biology laboratory emphasizing protein structure-function relationships in a large introductory biology laboratory course,” CBE Life Sciences Education, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 18–24, 2011.
- P. Brickman, C. Gormally, N. Armstrong, and B. Hallar, “Effects of inquiry-based learning on students' science literacy skills and confidence,” International Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 1–22, 2009.
- W. Ketpichainarong, B. Panijpan, and P. Ruenwongsa, “Enhanced learning of biotechnology students by an inquiry-based cellulase laboratory,” International Journal of Environmental and Science Education, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 169–187, 2010.
- GAO, Higher Education, Federal Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Programs and Related Trends: A Report to the Chairman, Committee on Rules, House of Representatives, GAO Highlights, United States Government Accountability Office, 2005, GAO-06-114.
- M. M. Cox, J. A. Doudna, and M. O'Donnell, Molecular Biology: Principles and Practice, W.H. Freeman and Company, New York, NY, USA, 2012.
- NSF, Shaping the Future: New Expectations for Undergraduate Education in Science, Mathematics, Engineering, and Technology, National Science Foundation, Arlington, Va, USA, 1996.
- NRC, Transforming Undergraduate Education in Science, Mathematics, Engineering, and Technology, National Academy of Sciences, Washington, DC, USA, 1999.