- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Emergency Medicine International
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 320309, 8 pages
Diagnosis and Management of Bacterial Meningitis in the Paediatric Population: A Review
1Sydney Children’s Hospital, Randwick, NSW, Australia
2Intensive Care Unit, Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards, NSW 2065, Australia
Received 3 March 2012; Accepted 3 August 2012
Academic Editor: Chamisa Macindoe
Copyright © 2012 Catherine L. Tacon and Oliver Flower. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Sandip Kumar Dash, Minakshi Sharma, Shashi Khare, and Ashok Kumar, “rmpM Genosensor for Detection of Human Brain Bacterial Meningitis in Cerebrospinal Fluid,” Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 2013.
- Roy A. Borchardt, and Kenneth V. I. Rolston, “Bacterial Meningitis,” Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 18–26, 2013.
- Claire von Mollendorf, Cheryl Cohen, Linda de Gouveia, Vanessa Quan, Susan Meiring, Charles Feldman, Keith P. Klugman, and Anne von Gottberg, “Factors Associated with Ceftriaxone Nonsusceptibility of Streptococcus pneumoniae: Analysis of South African National Surveillance Data, 2003 to 2010,” Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, vol. 58, no. 6, pp. 3293–3305, 2014.
- Corinne Levy, Emmanuelle Varon, Capucine Picard, Stéphane Béchet, Alain Martinot, Stéphane Bonacorsi, and Robert Cohen, “Trends of Pneumococcal Meningitis in Children After Introduction of the 13-Valent Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine in France,” The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal, vol. 33, no. 12, pp. 1216–1221, 2014.
- S. Balasubramanian, Sumanth Amperayani, K. Dhanalakshmi, and Vaishnavi Chandramaohan, “From the case records of KKCTH - A child with recurrent meningitis,” Pediatric Infectious Disease, 2014.
- Hamidreza Farahani, Ehsanollah Ghaznavi-rad, Mahdieh Mondanizadeh, Siamak MirabSamiee, and Behzad Khansarinejad, “Specific detection of common pathogens of acute bacterial meningitis using an internally controlled tetraplex-PCR assay,” Molecular and Cellular Probes, 2016.
- José M. Escolano, Bárbara Díaz-Durán, Mario DeMiguel-Ramos, Jimena Olivares, Morten A. Geday, and Enrique Iborra, “Selection of aptamers to Neisseria meningitidis and Streptococcus pneumoniae surface specific proteins and affinity assay using thin film AlN resonators,” Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 2017.
- Alexander Kwarteng, John Amuasi, Augustina Annan, Samuel Ahuno, David Opare, Michael Nagel, Christof Vinnemeier, Jürgen May, and Ellis Owusu-Dabo, “Current meningitis outbreak in Ghana: Historical perspectives and the importance of diagnostics,” Acta Tropica, 2017.