- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Emergency Medicine International
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 360308, 5 pages
The Impact of Psychiatric Patient Boarding in Emergency Departments
Department of Emergency Medicine, Wake Forest University Health Sciences, Winston-Salem, NC 27157, USA
Received 28 January 2012; Revised 5 June 2012; Accepted 5 June 2012
Academic Editor: Robert W. Derlet
Copyright © 2012 B. A. Nicks and D. M. Manthey. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Katherine B. Ginnis, Erina M. White, Abigail M. Ross, and Elizabeth A. Wharff, “Family-Based Crisis Intervention in the Emergency Department: A New Model of Care,” Journal of Child and Family Studies, 2013.
- Nerolie Bost, Julia Crilly, and Karen Wallen, “Characteristics and process outcomes of patients presenting to an australian emergency department for mental health and non-mental health diagnoses,” International Emergency Nursing, 2013.
- Jason M. Nolan, Christopher Fee, Bruce A. Cooper, Sally H. Rankin, and Mary A. Blegen, “Psychiatric Boarding Incidence, Duration, and Associated Factors in United States Emergency Departments,” Journal of Emergency Nursing, 2014.
- Leslie S. Zun, “An Issue of Equity of Care: Psychiatric Patients Must Be Treated "On Par" With Medical Patients,” American Journal of Psychiatry, vol. 171, no. 7, pp. 716–719, 2014.
- William E. Greenberg, “Resident Recruitment and Mental Health Parity,” Academic Psychiatry, 2014.
- Jason G. Boudreaux, Kathleen A. Crapanzano, Glenn N. Jones, Thomas A. Jeider, Vincent H. Dodge, Marianne J. Hebert, and Jan M. Kasofsky, “Using Mental Health Outreach Teams in the Emergency Department to Improve Engagement in Treatment,” Community Mental Health Journal, 2015.
- Nora M. Dennis, and Marvin S. Swartz, “Emergency Psychiatry Experience, Resident Burnout, and Future Plans to Treat Publicly Funded Patients,” Psychiatric Services, vol. 66, no. 8, pp. 892–895, 2015.
- Susan Letvak, and Denise Rhew, “Assuring Quality Health Care in the Emergency Department,” Healthcare, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 726–732, 2015.
- Laura Brennaman, Blake Boursaw, Annette Christy, and Robin Meize-Growchowski, “Delayed Access to Involuntary Mental Health Examinations,” The Journal of Behavioral Health Services & Research, 2015.
- Fanwen Meng, Chee Kheong Ooi, Christopher Kok Keng Soh, Kiok Liang Teow, and Palvannan Kannapiran, “Quantifying patient flow and utilization with patient flow pathway and diagnosis of an emergency department in Singapore,” Health Systems, 2015.
- Mark B. Warren, Ronna L. Campbell, David M. Nestler, Kalyan S. Pasupathy, Christine M. Lohse, Karen A. Koch, Eduard Schlechtinger, Scott T. Schmidt, and Gabrielle J. Melin, “Prolonged Length of Stay in Emergency Department Psychiatric Patients: A Multivariable Predictive Model,” The American Journal of Emergency Medicine, 2015.
- Michael P. Wilson, Jesse J. Brennan, Lucia Modesti, James Deen, Laura Anderson, Gary M. Vilke, and Edward M. Castillo, “Lengths of stay for involuntarily held psychiatric patients in the ED are affected by both patient characteristics and medication use,” The American Journal of Emergency Medicine, 2015.
- Victor Hong, “Borderline Personality Disorder in the Emergency Department,” Harvard Review of Psychiatry, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 357–366, 2016.