- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 308730, 9 pages
Cellulases from Thermophilic Fungi: Recent Insights and Biotechnological Potential
1Department of Environmental Biology, Shandong Agricultural University, Taian, Shandong 271018, China
2Turku Centre for Biotechnology, University of Turku and Åbo Akademi University, 20521 Turku, Finland
Received 6 June 2011; Revised 5 September 2011; Accepted 7 September 2011
Academic Editor: D. M. G. Freire
Copyright © 2011 Duo-Chuan Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [18 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Prashant Gabani, Erin Copeland, Anuj K. Chandel, and Om V. Singh, “Ultraviolet-radiation-resistant isolates revealed cellulose-degrading species of Cellulosimicrobium cellulans (UVP1) and Bacillus pumilus (UVP4),” Biotechnology and Applied Biochemistry, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 395–404, 2012.
- Muhammad Yasir, Haji Khan, Syed Sikander Azam, Amar Telke, Seon Won Kim, and Young Ryun Chung, “Cloning and functional characterization of endo-β-1,4-glucanase gene from metagenomic library of vermicompost,” Journal of Microbiology, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 329–335, 2013.
- Zhongtao Zhao, Huiquan Liu, Chenfang Wang, and Jin-Rong Xu, “Comparative analysis of fungal genomes reveals different plant cell wall degrading capacity in fungi,” Bmc Genomics, vol. 14, 2013.
- Joost van den Brink, Gonny C. J. van Muiswinkel, Bart Theelen, Sandra W. A. Hinz, and Ronald P. de Vries, “Efficient Plant Biomass Degradation by Thermophilic Fungus Myceliophthora heterothallica,” Applied And Environmental Microbiology, vol. 79, no. 4, pp. 1316–1324, 2013.
- Jitendra Kumar Saini, Reetu Saini, and Lakshmi Tewari, “Lignocellulosic agriculture wastes as biomass feedstocks for second-generation bioethanol production: concepts and recent developments,” 3 Biotech, 2014.
- Kun Wang, Huiying Luo, Yingguo Bai, Pengjun Shi, Huoqing Huang, Xianli Xue, and Bin Yao, “A thermophilic endo-1,4-beta-glucanase from Talaromyces emersonii CBS394.64 with broad substrate specificity and great application potentials,” Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 98, no. 16, pp. 7051–7060, 2014.
- Advait Apte, Ryan Senger, and Stephen S Fong, “Designing novel cellulase systems through agent-based modeling and global sensitivity analysis,” Bioengineered, vol. 5, no. 4, 2014.
- Dongping Zhang, Li Chen, Dahong Li, Bing Lv, Yun Chen, Jingui Chen, Xuejiao Yan, and Jiansheng Liang, “OsRACK1 Is Involved in Abscisic Acid- and H2O2-Mediated Signaling to Regulate Seed Germination in Rice (Oryza sativa, L.),” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 5, 2014.
- Veeresh Juturu, and Jin Chuan Wu, “Microbial cellulases: Engineering, production and applications,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 33, pp. 188–203, 2014.
- Teemu Haikarainen, Clemence Frioux, Li-Qing Zhnag, Duo-Chuan Li, and Anastassios C. Papageorgiou, “Crystal structure and biochemical characterization of a manganese superoxide dismutase from Chaetomium thermophilum,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta-Proteins and Proteomics, vol. 1844, no. 2, pp. 422–429, 2014.
- Veeresh Juturu, Tong Mei Teh, and Jin Chuan Wu, “Expression of Aeromonas punctata ME-1 exo-Xylanase X in E-coli for Efficient Hydrolysis of Xylan to Xylose,” Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, vol. 174, no. 8, pp. 2653–2662, 2014.
- David M. Granum, Shubham Vyas, Somisetti V. Sambasivarao, and C. Mark Maupin, “Computational Evaluations of Charge Coupling and Hydrogen Bonding in the Active Site of a Family 7 Cellobiohydrolase,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 118, no. 2, pp. 434–448, 2014.
- Zhongtao Zhao, Huiquan Liu, Chenfang Wang, and Jin-Rong Xu, “Comparative analysis of fungal genomes reveals different plant cell wall degrading capacity in fungi (vol 14, pg 274, 2013),” Bmc Genomics, vol. 15, 2014.
- Juan Wang, Yaning Wu, Yanfen Gong, Shaowen Yu, and Gang Liu, “Enhancing xylanase production in the thermophilic fungus Myceliophthora thermophila by homologous overexpression of Mtxyr1,” Journal Of Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology, vol. 42, no. 9, pp. 1233–1241, 2015.
- Xinxin Xu, Jinyang Li, Wei Zhang, Huoqing Huang, Pengjun Shi, Huiying Luo, Bo Liu, Yuhong Zhang, Zhifang Zhang, Yunliu Fan, and Bin Yao, “A Neutral Thermostable beta-1,4-Glucanase from Humicola insolens Y1 with Potential for Applications in Various Industries,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 4, 2015.
- Yogesh B. Chaudhari, Narayan C. Talukdar, Nirab C. Adhikary, Mohan C. Kalita, and Mojibur R. Khan, “Rice Straw Based Evaluation of Lignolytic and Cellulolytic Capabilities of Novel Strains of Saprophytic Fungi from Indo-Burma Biodiversity Hotspot,” Energy & Fuels, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 784–792, 2015.
- Tassio Brito de Oliveira, Eleni Gomes, and Andre Rodrigues, “Thermophilic fungi in the new age of fungal taxonomy,” Extremophiles, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 31–37, 2015.
- Bijender Singh, “Myceliophthora thermophila syn. Sporotrichum thermophile: a thermophilic mould of biotechnological potential,” Critical Reviews In Biotechnology, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 59–69, 2016.