- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 309417, 9 pages
Cytoreductive Surgery Plus Hyperthermic Perioperative Chemotherapy for Selected Patients with Peritoneal Metastases from Colorectal Cancer: A New Standard of Care or an Experimental Approach?
Washington Cancer Institute, Program in Peritoneal Surface Malignancy, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Received 5 April 2012; Accepted 16 May 2012
Academic Editor: Pompiliu Piso
Copyright © 2012 Paul H. Sugarbaker. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- T. Shimizu, H. Sonoda, S. Murata, K. Takebayashi, H. Ohta, T. Miyake, E. Mekata, H. Shiomi, S. Naka, and T. Tani, “Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy using a combination of mitomycin C,5-fluorouracil, and oxaliplatin in patients at high risk of colorectal peritoneal metastasis: A Phase I clinical study,” European Journal of Surgical Oncology (EJSO), vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 521–528, 2014.
- Flávio D. Sabino, Carlos Frederico F. Campos, Carlos Eduardo R. Caetano, Marcele Nogueira S. Trotte, Albanita V. Oliveira, and Ruy G. Marques, “Effects of TachoSil® and 5-fluorouracil on colonic anastomotic healing,” Journal of Surgical Research, 2014.
- Michael S. Leapman, Ghalib Jibara, Parissa Tabrizian, Bernardo Franssen, Ming-Jim Yang, Anya Romanoff, Simon J. Hall, Michael Palese, Umut Sarpel, Spiros Hiotis, and Daniel Labow, “Genitourinary Resection at the Time of Cytoreductive Surgery and Heated Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy for Peritoneal Carcinomatosis Is Not Associated with Increased Morbidity or Worsened Oncologic Outcomes: A Case-matched Study,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 1153–1158, 2014.
- George R. Dakwar, Elisa Zagato, Joris Delanghe, Sabrina Hobel, Achim Aigner, Hannelore Denys, Kevin Braeckmans, Wim Ceelen, Stefaan C. De Smedt, and Katrien Remaut, “Colloidal stability of nano-sized particles in the peritoneal fluid: Towards optimizing drug delivery systems for intraperitoneal therapy,” Acta Biomaterialia, 2014.
- Mehraneh D. Jafari, Wissam J. Halabi, Michael J. Stamos, Vinh Q. Nguyen, Joseph C. Carmichael, Steven D. Mills, and Alessio Pigazzi, “Surgical Outcomes of Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy Analysis of the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program,” Jama Surgery, vol. 149, no. 2, pp. 170–175, 2014.
- T.R. van Oudheusden, S.W. Nienhuijs, M.D. Luyer, G.A. Nieuwenhuijzen, V.E. Lemmens, H.J. Rutten, and I.H. de Hingh, “Incidence and treatment of recurrent disease after cytoreductive surgery and intraperitoneal chemotherapy for peritoneally metastasized colorectal cancer: a systematic review,” European Journal of Surgical Oncology (EJSO), 2015.
- T. R. van Oudheusden, H. J. Braam, M. D. P. Luyer, M. J. Wiezer, B. van Ramshorst, S. W. Nienhuijs, and I. H. J. T. de Hingh, “Peritoneal Cancer Patients Not Suitable for Cytoreductive Surgery and HIPEC During Explorative Surgery: Risk Factors, Treatment Options, and Prognosis,” Annals Of Surgical Oncology, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 1236–1242, 2015.
- Maurizio Cardi, Paolo Sammartino, Valentina Mingarelli, Simone Sibio, Fabio Accarpio, Daniele Biacchi, Daniela Musio, Bianca Sollazzo, and Angelo Di Giorgio, “Cytoreduction and HIPEC in the treatment of “unconventional” secondary peritoneal carcinomatosis,” World Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 13, no. 1, 2015.
- James Oyeniyi, Jumin Wu, Diane Liu, James C. Yao, Holly Green, Karen Albritton, Winston Huh, and Andrea Hayes-Jordan, “Adolescents and Young Adults (AYA) with Colon Rectal Carcinoma(CRC) Including Treatment of Carcinomatosis Using Cytoreductive Surgery and Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC),” The American Journal of Surgery, 2015.
- Paul H. Sugarbaker, “Improving oncologic outcomes for colorectal cancer at high risk for local-regional recurrence with novel surgical techniques,” Expert Review Of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 205–213, 2016.