- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 752643, 5 pages
Adjuvant Bidirectional Chemotherapy Using an Intraperitoneal Port
Program in Peritoneal Surface Malignancy, Washington Cancer Institute, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Received 16 April 2012; Accepted 10 June 2012
Academic Editor: Pompiliu Piso
Copyright © 2012 Paul H. Sugarbaker and Lana Bijelic. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. S. Alberts, P. Y. Liu, E. V. Hannigan et al., “Intraperitoneal cisplatin plus intravenous cyclophosphamide versus intravenous cisplatin plus intravenous cyclophosphamide for stage III ovarian cancer,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 335, no. 26, pp. 1950–1955, 1996.
- M. Markman, B. N. Bundy, D. S. Alberts et al., “Phase III trial of standard-dose intravenous cisplatin plus paclitaxel versus moderately high-dose carboplatin followed by intravenous paclitaxel and intraperitoneal cisplatin in small-volume stage III ovarian carcinoma: an intergroup study of the Gynecologic Oncology Group, Southwestern Oncology Group, and Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 1001–1007, 2001.
- D. K. Armstrong, B. Bundy, L. Wenzel et al., “Intraperitoneal cisplatin and paclitaxel in ovarian cancer,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 354, no. 1, pp. 34–43, 2006.
- E. L. Trimble, S. Thompson, M. C. Christian, and L. Minasian, “Intraperitoneal chemotherapy for women with epithelial ovarian cancer,” The Oncologist, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 403–409, 2008.
- J. L. Walker, D. K. Armstrong, H. Q. Huang et al., “Intraperitoneal catheter outcomes in a phase III trial of intravenous versus intraperitoneal chemotherapy in optimal stage III ovarian and primary peritoneal cancer: a Gynecologic Oncology Group Study,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 100, no. 1, pp. 27–32, 2006.
- I. Vergote, F. Amant, K. Leunen et al., “Intraperitoneal chemotherapy in patients with advanced ovarian cancer: the con view,” The Oncologist, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 410–414, 2008.
- K. Van der Speeten, O. A. Stuart, and P. H. Sugarbaker, “Using pharmacologic data to plan clinical treatments for patients with peritoneal surface malignancy,” Current Drug Discovery Technologies, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 72–81, 2009.
- P. Jacquet and P. H. Sugarbaker, “Effects of postoperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy on peritoneal wound healing and adhesion formation,” in Peritoneal Carcinomatosis: Principles of Management, P. H. Sugarbaker, Ed., pp. 327–333, Kluwer Academic, Boston, Mass, USA, 1996.
- K. Van der Speeten, O. A. Stuart, H. Mahteme, and P. H. Sugarbaker, “Pharmacology of perioperative 5-fluorouracil,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 102, no. 7, pp. 730–735, 2010.