- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Agronomy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 561370, 5 pages
Soybean (Glycine max L.) Response to Fungicides in the Absence of Disease Pressure
Texas A&M AgriLife Research and Extension Center, 10345 State Highway 44, Corpus Christi, TX 78406, USA
Received 11 April 2013; Revised 29 May 2013; Accepted 31 May 2013
Academic Editor: David Clay
Copyright © 2013 W. James Grichar. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. A. Mueller, M. R. Miles, W. Morel et al., “Effect of fungicide and timing of application on soybean rust severity and yield,” Plant Disease, vol. 93, no. 3, pp. 243–248, 2009.
- C. N. Akem, “The effect of timing of fungicide applications on control of frogeye leaf spot and grain yield of soybeans,” European Journal of Plant Pathology, vol. 101, no. 2, pp. 183–187, 1995.
- C. Levy, “Epidemiology and chemical control of soybean rust in Southern Africa,” Plant Disease, vol. 89, no. 6, pp. 669–674, 2005.
- M. R. Miles, G. L. Hartman, C. Levy, and W. Morel, “Current status of soybean rust control by fungicides,” Pesticide Outlook, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 197–200, 2003.
- M. R. Miles, C. Levy, W. Morel et al., “International fungicide efficacy trials for the management of soybean rust,” Plant Disease, vol. 91, no. 11, pp. 1450–1458, 2007.
- J. Harrington, “Foliar fungicides for soybeans increase yield potential,” Plant Health Progress, http://www.plantmanagementnetwork.org/pub/php/news/2009/FoliarFungicides2/.
- S. Dutzmann and A. Suty-Heinze, “Prothioconazole: a broad spectrum demethylation inhibitor (DMI) for arable crops,” Pflanzenschutz-Nachrichten Bayer, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 249–264, 2004.
- A. K. Culbreath, R. C. Kemerait Jr., and T. B. Brenneman, “Management of leaf spot diseases of peanut with prothioconazole applied alone or in combination with tebuconazole or trifloxystrobin,” Peanut Science, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 149–158, 2008.
- G. Musson, J. R. Bloomberg, R. A. Myers, and R. Rudolph, “Provost 433 SC for control of foliar and soil-borne diseases in peanuts,” in Proceedings American Peanut Research Education Society, vol. 38, p. 53, 2006.
- T. B. Brenneman and H. Young, “Management of CBR with partially resistant cultivars and prothioconazole,” in Proceedings American Peanut Research Education Society, vol. 39, p. 39, 2007.
- R. Liguori, A. Bertona, R. Bassi et al., “Trifloxystrobin (CGA, 279202) : a new broad spectrum fungicide,” in Atti, Giornate Fitopatologiche, Perugia, vol. 2, pp. 3–8, 2000.
- D. A. Rosenberger, “Factors limiting IPM-compatibility of new disease control tactics forapples in Eastern United States,” Plant Health Progress, 2003.
- H. L. Ypema and R. E. Gold, “Kresoxim-methyl: modification of a naturally occurring compound to produce a new fungicide,” Plant Disease, vol. 83, no. 1, pp. 4–19, 1999.
- A. K. Culbreath, T. B. Brenneman, and R. C. Kemerait Jr., “Management of early leaf spot of peanut with pyraclostrobin as affected by rate and spray interval,” Plant Health Progress, 2002.
- A. K. Hagan, H. L. Campbell, K. L. Bowen, and L. Wells, “Impact of application rate andtreatment interval on the efficacy of pyraclostrobin in fungicide programs for control of early leaf spot and Southern stem rot on peanut,” Peanut Science, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 27–34, 2003.
- D. W. Bartlett, J. M. Clough, J. R. Godwin, A. A. Hall, M. Hamer, and B. Parr-Dobrzanski, “The strobilurin fungicides,” Pest Management Science, vol. 58, no. 7, pp. 649–662, 2002.
- R. Stierl, E. J. Butterfield, H. Koehle, and G. Lorenz, “Biological characterization of the new strobilurin fungicide BAS 500 F,” Phytopathology, vol. 90, p. S74, 2000.
- H. E. Portillo, R. R. Evans, J. S. Barnes, and R. E. Gold, “F500, a new broad-spectrum fungicide for control of peanut diseases,” Phytopathology, vol. 91, p. S202, 2001.
- W. J. Grichar, S. Biles, J. D. Janak, and P. McGuill, “Soybean yield along the Texas Gulf Coast during periods of variable rainfall as influenced by soybean cultivar and planting date,” International Journal Agronomy, vol. 2011, Article ID 314852, 14 pages, 2011.
- “Soybean prices,” Cornbelt Update, BH Genetics, vol. 14, no. 34, 2012, http://www.bhgenetics.com.
- F. W. Nutter Jr. and F. M. Shokes, “Management of foliar diseases caused by fungi,” in Peanut Health Management, H. A. Melouk and F. M. Shokes, Eds., pp. 65–73, The American Phytopathological Society, St. Paul, Minn, USA, 1995.
- W. R. Fehr and C. E. Caviness, “Stages of soybean development,” Iowa Agricultural Experiment Station Special Report 80, Ames, Iowa, USA, 1977.
- P. Pedersen, “Soybean growth and development,” Iowa State University, Extension PM, 1945, 28 pages, 2009.
- D. A. Ashley and W. J. Ethridge, “Irrigation effect on vegetative and reproductive development of three soybean cultivars,” Agronomy Journal, vol. 70, no. 3, pp. 467–471, 1978.
- J. E. Beurlein, “Yield of indeterminate and determinate semidwarf soybean for severalplanting dates, row spacings, and seeding rates,” Journal of Production Agriculture, vol. 1, pp. 300–303, 1988.
- “Effect of foliar fungicide use on soybean yield,” Demonstration Report, The Learning Center at Monmouth, Illnois, Monsanto Technology Development, 2010.
- P. A. Paul, L. V. Madden, C. A. Bradley et al., “Meta-analysis of yield response of hybrid field corn to foliar fungicides in the U.S. corn belt,” Phytopathology, vol. 101, no. 9, pp. 1122–1132, 2011.
- J. Holmes, “Soybean yield response to Headline fungicide applications,” Iowa State University, Northern Research and Demonstration Farm ISRF05-22, 2005, http://www.ag.iastate.edu/farms/05reports/n/SoybeanYield.pdf.
- “Is the soybean variety important for making fungicide applicationdecisions?” Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food, and Rural Affairs, 2010, http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/crops/field/news/croptalk/2010/ct-0610a6.htm.
- J. A. Wrather, J. G. Shannon, W. E. Stevens, D. A. Sleper, and A. P. Arelli, “Soybean cultivar and foliar fungicide effects on Phomopsis sp. seed infection,” Plant Disease, vol. 88, no. 7, pp. 721–723, 2004.
- K. Spokas and B. Jacobson, “Impacts of strobilurin fungicides on yield and soil microbialprocesses for Minnesota strawberry production,” 2010, http://www.ars.usda.gov/SP2UserFiles/person/41695/Presentations/MFUGA_2010.pdf.