- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 685739, 11 pages
Microglial Amyloid-1-40 Phagocytosis Dysfunction Is Caused by High-Mobility Group Box Protein-1: Implications for the Pathological Progression of Alzheimer’s Disease
1Department of Clinical and Translational Physiology, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Misasagi, Yamashina-ku, Kyoto 607-8414, Japan
2Department of Molecular Cell Physiology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kamigyo-ku, Kyoto 602-8566, Japan
3Department of Neurology, Mie University, Graduate School of Medicine, Tsu 514-8507, Japan
4Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, Sapporo Medical University, S1W16, Chuo-ku, Sapporo 060-8543, Japan
Received 30 November 2011; Accepted 24 February 2012
Academic Editor: Akio Suzumura
Copyright © 2012 Kazuyuki Takata et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Stephanie Busch, Liang Wu, Yuxi Feng, Norbert Gretz, Sigrid Hoffmann, and Hans-Peter Hammes, “Alzheimer's Disease and Retinal Neurodegeneration Share a Consistent Stress Response of the Neurovascular Unit,” Cellular Physiology And Biochemistry, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 1436–1443, 2012.
- Antero Salminen, Kai Kaarniranta, Anu Kauppinen, Johanna Ojala, Annakaisa Haapasalo, Hilkka Soininen, and Mikko Hiltunen, “Impaired autophagy and APP processing in Alzheimer's disease: The potential role of Beclin 1 interactome,” Progress in Neurobiology, 2013.
- Jessica F. Jordão, Emmanuel Thévenot, Kelly Markham-Coultes, Tiffany Scarcelli, Ying-Qi Weng, Kristiana Xhima, Meaghan O'Reilly, Yuexi Huang, JoAnne McLaurin, Kullervo Hynynen, and Isabelle Aubert, “Amyloid-β plaque reduction, endogenous antibody delivery and glial activation by brain-targeted, transcranial focused ultrasound,” Experimental Neurology, 2013.
- Domenica Musumeci, Giovanni N. Roviello, and Daniela Montesarchio, “An overview on HMGB1 inhibitors as potential therapeutic agents in HMGB1-related pathologies,” Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 2013.
- Rui Kang, Ruochan Chen, Qiuhong Zhang, Wen Hou, Sha Wu, Lizhi Cao, Jin Huang, Yan Yu, Xue-gong Fan, Zhengwen Yan, Xiaofang Sun, Haichao Wang, Qingde Wang, Allan Tsung, Timothy R. Billiar, Herbert J. Zeh, Michael T. Lotze, and Daolin Tang, “HMGB1 in Health and Disease,” Molecular Aspects of Medicine, 2014.
- Judyta K. Juranek, Gurdip K. Daffu, Joanna Wojtkiewicz, David Lacomis, Julia Kofler, and Ann Marie Schmidt, “Receptor for Advanced Glycation End Products and its Inflammatory Ligands are Upregulated in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,” Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience, vol. 9, 2015.
- Barry W. Festoff, Ravi K. Sajja, Patrick van Dreden, and Luca Cucullo, “HMGB1 and thrombin mediate the blood-brain barrier dysfunction acting as biomarkers of neuroinflammation and progression to neurodegeneration in Alzheimer’s disease,” Journal of Neuroinflammation, vol. 13, no. 1, 2016.
- Kyota Fujita, Kazumi Motoki, Kazuhiko Tagawa, Xigui Chen, Hiroshi Hama, Kazuyuki Nakajima, Hidenori Homma, Takuya Tamura, Hirohisa Watanabe, Masahisa Katsuno, Chiemi Matsumi, Masunori Kajikawa, Takashi Saito, Takaomi Saido, Gen Sobue, Atsushi Miyawaki, and Hitoshi Okazawa, “HMGB1, a pathogenic molecule that induces neurite degeneration via TLR4-MARCKS, is a potential therapeutic target for Alzheimer’s disease,” Scientific Reports, vol. 6, pp. 31895, 2016.
- Jinsha Huang, Jiaolong Yang, Yan Shen, Haiyang Jiang, Chao Han, Guoxin Zhang, Ling Liu, Xiaoyun Xu, Jie Li, Zhicheng Lin, Nian Xiong, Zhentao Zhang, Jing Xiong, and Tao Wang, “HMGB1 Mediates Autophagy Dysfunction via Perturbing Beclin1-Vps34 Complex in Dopaminergic Cell Model,” Frontiers in Molecular Neuroscience, vol. 10, 2017.