- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 650387, 10 pages
Bayesian Network-Based High-Level Context Recognition for Mobile Context Sharing in Cyber-Physical System
Department of Computer Science, Yonsei University, 262 Seongsanno, Sudaemoon-gu, Seoul 120-749, Republic of Korea
Received 10 February 2011; Revised 8 June 2011; Accepted 11 July 2011
Copyright © 2011 Han-Saem Park et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. Wolf, “The good news and the bad news,” Computer, vol. 40, no. 11, pp. 104–105, 2007.
- C. Steinfield, N. B. Ellison, and C. Lampe, “Social capital, self-esteem, and use of online social network sites: a longitudinal analysis,” Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 434–445, 2008.
- M. Sama, D. S. Rosenblum, Z. Wang, and S. Elbaum, “Multi-layer faults in the architectures of mobile, context-aware adaptive applications,” Journal of Systems and Software, vol. 83, no. 6, pp. 906–914, 2010.
- M. Raento, A. Oulasvirta, P. Renaud, and H. Toivonen, “ContextPhone: a prototyping platform for context-aware mobile applications,” IEEE Pervasive Computing, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 51–59, 2005.
- A. Kröner, M. Schneider, and J. Mori, “A framework for ubiquitous content sharing,” IEEE Pervasive Computing, vol. 8, no. 4, Article ID 5280685, pp. 58–65, 2009.
- K. Sorathia and A. Joshi, “My world—social networking through mobile computing and context aware application,” in Proceedings of the Communications in Computer and Information Science (CCIS '09), vol. 53, pp. 179–188, 2009.
- D. J. Patterson, X. Ding, S. J. Kaufman, K. Liu, and A. Zaldivar, “An ecosystem for learning and using sensor-driven im status messages,” IEEE Pervasive Computing, vol. 8, no. 4, Article ID 5280683, pp. 42–49, 2009.
- A. C. Santos, J. M. P. Cardoso, D. R. Ferreira, P. C. Diniz, and P. Chaínho, “Providing user context for mobile and social networking applications,” Pervasive and Mobile Computing, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 324–341, 2010.
- K. Oh, H. S. Park, and S. B. Cho, “A mobile context sharing system using activity and emotion recognition with Bayesian networks,” in Proceedings of the Symposia and Workshops on Ubiquitous, Autonomic and Trusted Computing (UIC '10), pp. 244–249, 2010.
- J. H. Hong, S. I. Yang, and S. B. Cho, “ConaMSN: a context-aware messenger using dynamic Bayesian networks with wearable sensors,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 4680–4686, 2010.
- G. F. Cooper and E. Herskovits, “A Bayesian method for the induction of probabilistic networks from data,” Machine Learning, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 309–347, 1992.
- E. B. Anderson, “Asymptotic properties of conditional maximum likelihood estimators,” Journal of Royal Statistics Society Series B, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 283–301, 1970.
- D. J. Xu, S. S. Liao, and Q. Li, “Combining empirical experimentation and modeling techniques: a design research approach for personalized mobile advertising applications,” Decision Support Systems, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 710–724, 2008.
- J. H. Hong, Y. S. Song, and S. B. Cho, “Mixed-initiative human-robot interaction using hierarchical Bayesian networks,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics A, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 1158–1164, 2007.
- B. G. Marcot, J. D. Steventon, G. D. Sutherland, and R. K. McCann, “Guidelines for developing and updating Bayesian belief networks applied to ecological modeling and conservation,” Canadian Journal of Forest Research, vol. 36, no. 12, pp. 3063–3074, 2006.
- K. B. Laskey and S. M. Mahoney, “Network engineering for agile belief network models,” IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 487–498, 2000.
- M. Neil, N. Fenton, and L. Nielsen, “Building large-scale Bayesian networks,” Knowledge Engineering Review, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 257–284, 2000.
- M. Marengoni, A. Hanson, S. Zilberstein, and E. Riseman, “Decision making and uncertainty management in a 3D reconstruction system,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 852–858, 2003.
- K. S. Hwang and S. B. Cho, “Landmark detection from mobile life log using a modular Bayesian network model,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 36, no. 10, pp. 12065–12076, 2009.
- A. Krause, A. Smailagic, and D. P. Siewiorek, “Context-aware mobile computing: learning context-dependent personal preferences from a wearable sensor array,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 113–127, 2006.
- G. Sabidussi, “The centrality index of a graph,” Psychometrika, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 581–603, 1966.
- N. Eagle, A. Pentland, and D. Lazer, “Inferring friendship network structure by using mobile phone data,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 106, no. 36, pp. 15274–15278, 2009.
- J. Brooke, “SUS: a quick and dirty usability scale,” in Usability Evaluation in Industry, P. W. Jordan, et al., Ed., Taylor & Francis, London, UK, 1996.