- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 946258, 8 pages
Modeling and Performance Analysis of Energy Efficiency Binary Power Control in MIMO-OFDM Wireless Communication Systems
1Department of Electronics and Information Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei 430074, China
2Department of Information and Communication Technology, University of Agder (UiA), 4879 Grimstad, Norway
Received 31 March 2011; Accepted 30 June 2011
Copyright © 2011 Yuming Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I Humar, X. Ge, X. Lin, M. Jo, and M. Chen, “Rethinking energy-efficiency models of cellular networks with embodied energy,” IEEE Network Magazine, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 40–49, 2011.
- W. Feng, Y. Li, S. Zhou, and J. Wang, “On power consumption of multi-user distributed wireless communication systems,” in Proceedings of the 2010 International Conference on Communications and Mobile Computing, (CMC 2010), pp. 366–369, China, April 2010.
- T. Kelly, “ICTs and climate change,” Tech. Rep., ITU-T Technology, 2007.
- C.-X. Wang, X. Hong, X. Ge, X. Cheng, G. Zhang, and J. Thompson, “Cooperative MIMO channel models: a survey,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 48, no. 2, Article ID 5402668, pp. 80–87, 2010.
- H. Yang, “A road to future broadband wireless access: MIMO-OFDM-based air interface,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 53–60, 2005.
- L. M. Correia, D. Zeller, O. Blume et al., “Challenges and enabling technologies for energy aware mobile radio networks,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 48, no. 11, Article ID 5621969, pp. 66–72, 2010.
- J. Zander, “Performance of optimum transmitter power control in cellular radio systems,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 57–62, 1992.
- G. J. Foschini and Z. Miljanic, “A simple distributed autonomous power control algorithm and its convergence,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 641–646, 1993.
- Y. H. Lin and R. L. Cruz, “Power control and scheduling for interfering links,” in Proceedings of the 2004 IEEE Information Theory Workshop, pp. 288–291, San Antonio, Tex, USA, October 2004.
- W. Yu, W. Rhee, S. Boyd, and J. M. Cioffi, “Iterative water-filling for Gaussian vector multiple-access channels,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 145–152, 2004.
- S. de la Kethulle de Ryhove, G. E. Oien, and F. Bohagen, “Maximizing the average spectral efficiency of dual-branch MIMO systems with discrete-rate adaptation,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 1003–1011, 2009.
- H. S. Kim and B. Daneshrad, “Energy-constrained link adaptation for MIMO OFDM wireless communication systems,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 9, no. 9, Article ID 5510775, pp. 2820–2832, 2010.
- B. Zayen, M. Haddad, A. Hayar, and G. E. Oien, “Binary power allocation for cognitive radio networks with centralized and distributed user selection strategies,” Physical Communication Journal, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 183–193, 2008.
- A. Gjendemsjo, D. Gesbert, G. E. Oien, and S. G. Kiani, “Binary power control for sum rate maximization over multiple interfering links,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 7, no. 8, Article ID 4600228, pp. 3164–3173, 2008.
- C. E. Shannon, “A mathematical theory of communication,” Bell System Technical Journal, vol. 27, pp. 545–554, 623—656, 1948.
- Z. Zhihua, X. He, and W. Jianhua, “Average power control algorithm with dynamic channel assignment for TDD-CDMA systems,” in Proceedings of the 2008 International Conference on Advanced Infocomm Technology, Shenzhen, China, July 2008.
- J. W. Cho, J. Mo, and S. Chong, “Joint network-wide opportunistic scheduling and power control in multi-cell networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 8, no. 3, Article ID 4801504, pp. 1520–1531, 2009.