- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 905740, 12 pages
An -Firm Real-Time Aware Fault-Tolerant Mechanism in Wireless Sensor Networks
Department of Informatics, Engineering Research Institute, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju 660-701, Republic of Korea
Received 19 July 2012; Accepted 24 September 2012
Academic Editor: George P. Efthymoglou
Copyright © 2012 Bijun Li and Ki-Il Kim. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Li, C. S. Chen, Y. Q. Song, and Z. Wang, “Real-time QoS support in wireless sensor networks: a survey,” in Proceedings of the Annual 7th IFAC International Conference on Fieldbuses and Networks in Industrial and Embedded Systems (FeT '07), Toulouse, France, 2007.
- S. Ehsan and B. Hamdaoui, “A survey on energy-efficient routing techniques with QoS assurances for wireless multimedia sensor networks,” IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 265–278, 2012.
- I. F. Akyildiz, T. Melodia, and K. R. Chowdhury, “A survey on wireless multimedia sensor networks,” Computer Networks, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 921–960, 2007.
- A. Sharif, V. Potdar, and E. Chang, “Wireless multimedia sensor network technology: a survey,” in Proceedings of the 7th IEEE International Conference on Industrial Informatics (INDIN '09), pp. 606–613, Cardiff, UK, June 2009.
- T. He, J. A. Stankovic, C. Lu, and T. Abdelzaher, “SPEED: a stateless protocol for real-time communication in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 23th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems, pp. 46–55, May 2003.
- M. Hamdaoui and P. Ramanathan, “A dynamic priority assignment technique for streams with -firm deadlines,” IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 44, no. 12, pp. 1443–1451, 1995.
- E. Felemban, C. G. Lee, and E. Ekici, “MMSPEED: multipath Multi-SPEED Protocol for QoS guarantee of reliability and timeliness in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 738–754, 2006.
- O. Chipara, Z. He, G. Xing et al., “Real-time power-aware routing in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 14th IEEE International Workshop on Quality of Service (IWQoS '06), pp. 83–92, New Haven, Conn, USA, June 2006.
- D. Kandris, P. Tsioumas, A. Tzes, G. Nikolakopoulos, and D. D. Vergados, “Power conservation through energy efficient routing in wireless sensor networks,” Sensors, vol. 9, no. 9, pp. 7320–7342, 2009.
- D. Kandris, M. Tsagkaropoulos, I. Politis, A. Tzes, and S. Kotsopoulos, “Energy efficient and perceived QoS aware video routing over Wireless Multimedia Sensor Networks,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 591–607, 2011.
- L. Zhao, B. Kan, Y. Xu, and X. Li, “FT-SPEED: a fault-tolerant, real-time routing protocol for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing (WiCOM '07), pp. 2531–2534, Shanghai, China, September 2007.
- Y. Sankarasubramaniam, O. B. Akan, and I. F. Akyildiz, “ESRT: event-to-sink reliable transport in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 1003–1016, 2005.
- B. Deb, S. Bhatnagar, and B. Nath, “ReInForM: reliable information forwarding using multiple paths in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 28th Annual IEEE International Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN '03), pp. 406–415, Bonn/Königswinter, Germany, 2003.
- G. Wu, C. Lin, F. Xia, L. Yao, H. Zhang, and B. Liu, “Dynamical jumping real-time fault-tolerant routing protocol for wireless sensor networks,” Sensors, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 2416–2437, 2010.
- M. H. Yaghmaee and D. Adjeroh, “A new priority based congestion control protocol for wireless multimedia sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 9th IEEE International Symposium on Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks (WoWMoM '08), Newport Beach, Calif, USA, June 2008.
- J. F. Kurose and K. W. Ross, Computer Networking A Top-Down Approach Featuring the Internet, Pearson/Addison Wesley, 5th edition, 2009.
- C. Y. Wan, S. B. Eisenman, and A. T. Campbell, “CODA: congestion detection and avoidance in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys '03), pp. 266–279, Los Angeles, Calif, USA, November 2003.
- L. Paradis and Q. Han, “A survey of fault management in wireless sensor networks,” Journal of Network and Systems Management, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 171–190, 2007.