- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 385892, 12 pages
FlexFT: A Generic Framework for Developing Fault-Tolerant Applications in the Sensor Web
1DC, Federal University of São Carlos (UFSCar), 13565-905 São Carlos, SP, Brazil
2ICMC, University of São Paulo (USP), 13566-585 São Carlos, SP, Brazil
3EACH, University of São Paulo (USP), 03828-000 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Received 29 August 2012; Accepted 4 December 2012
Academic Editor: Yunghsiang Han
Copyright © 2013 Delano Medeiros Beder et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Botts, G. Percivall, C. Reed, and J. Davidson, “OGC sensor web enablement: overview and high level architecture,” in Proceedings of the 5th International ISCRAM Conference, F. Fiedrich and B. V. de Walle, Eds., pp. 713–723, Washington, DC, USA, May 2008.
- A. Avizienis, “N-version approach to fault-tolerant software,” IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, vol. 11, no. 12, pp. 1491–1501, 1985.
- B. Randell and J. Xu, “The evolution of the recovery block concept,” in Software Fault Tolerance, Trends in Software, pp. 1–22, Wiley, 1994.
- B. Randell, “System structure for software fault tolerance,” IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 220–232, 1975.
- E. Gamma, R. Helm, R. Johnson, and J. Vlissides, Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object Oriented Software, Addison-Wesley, 1995.
- A. Bröring, J. Echterhoff, S. Jirka et al., “New generation sensor web enablement,” Sensors, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 2652–2699, 2011.
- A. Na and M. Priest, Ogc Implementation Specification 06- 009r6: Opengis Sensor Observation Service (Sos), 2007.
- H. Hansson, M. Åkerholm, I. Crnkovic, and M. Törngren, “SaveCCM—a component model for safety-critical real-time systems,” in Proceedings of the 30th EUROMICRO Conference, Special Session Component Models for Dependable Systems, pp. 627–635, IEEE, September 2004.
- M. Akerholm, A. Moller, H. Hansson, and M. Nolin, “SAVEComp—a dependable component technology for embedded systems software,” Tech. Rep. MDHMRTC-165/2004-1-SE, Malardalen University, 2004.
- S. Quadros, “RTXC Kernel User's Guide,” http://www.quadros.com.
- P. Costa, G. Coulson, R. Gold et al., “The RUNES middleware for networked embedded systems and its application in a disaster management scenario,” in Proceedings of the 5th Annual IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom '07), pp. 69–78, IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos, CA, USA, March 2007.
- P. Costa, G. Coulson, C. Mascolo, L. Mottola, G. P. Picco, and S. Zachariadis, “Reconfigurable component-based middleware for networked embedded systems,” International Journal of Wireless Information Networks, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 149–162, 2007.
- D. Hughes, K. Thoelen, W. Horré et al., “LooCI: a loosely-coupled component infrastructure for networked embedded systems,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Advances in Mobile Computing and Multimedia (MoMM '09), pp. 195–203, December 2009.
- G. Coulson, G. Blair, P. Grace et al., “A generic component model for building systems software,” ACM Transaction on Computer Systems, vol. 26, no. 1, article 1, 2008.
- B. Porter and G. Coulson, “Lorien: a pure dynamic component-based operating system for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Workshop on Middleware Tools, Services and Run-Time Support for Sensor Networks (MidSens '09), pp. 7–12, ACM, New York, NY, USA, 2009.
- A. Wolff, S. Michaelis, J. Schmutzler, and C. Wietfeld, “Network-centric middleware for service oriented architectures across heterogeneous embedded systems,” in Proceedings of the 11th International IEEE EDOC Enterprise Distributed Object Computing Conference Workshop (EDOCW '07), pp. 105–108, IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos, CA, USA, October 2007.
- C. Szyperski, Component Software: Beyond Object-Oriented Programming, Addison-Wesley, 2nd edition, 2002.
- M. Clark, G. Blair, G. Coulson, and N. Parlavantzas, “An efficient component model for the construction of adaptive middleware,” in Proceedings of the IFIP Middleware, 2001.
- C. Cifuentes, “Squawk—a java VM for small (and larger) devices,” in Proceedings of the IFIP WG 2. 4 Meeting, 2005.
- D. B. Hehmann, M. G. Salmony, and H. J. Stüttgen, “Transport services for multimedia applications on broadband networks,” Computer Communications, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 197–203, 1990.
- J. Kurose and K. Ross, Computer Networking: A Top-Down Approach, Addison-Wesley, 2009.
- B. Porter, U. Roedig, and G. Coulson, “Type-safe updating for modular wsn software,” in Proceedings of the 7th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing in Sensor Systems and Workshops (DCOSS '11), pp. 1–8, 2011.
- A. Capozucca, N. Guelfi, P. Pelliccione, A. Romanovsky, and A. F. Zorzo, “Frameworks for designing and implementing dependable systems using coordinated atomic actions: a comparative study,” Journal of Systems and Software, vol. 82, no. 2, pp. 207–228, 2009.
- J. Xu, B. Randell, A. Romanovsky, C. M. F. Rubira, R. J. Stroud, and Z. Wu, “Fault tolerance in concurrent object-oriented software through coordinated error recovery,” in Proceedings of the 25th IEEE International Symposium on Fault-Tolerant Computing (FTCS '95), pp. 499–508, June 1995.
- A. F. Garcia, D. M. Beder, and C. M. F. Rubira, “A unified meta-level software architecture for sequential and concurrent exception handling,” Computer Journal, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 569–587, 2001.
- D. M. Beder and R. B. De Araújo, “Towards the definition of a context-aware exception handling mechanism,” in Proceedings of the 5th Latin-American Symposium on Dependable Computing Workshops (LADCW '11), pp. 25–28, April 2011.
- A. Tripathi, et al., “Exception handling issues in context-aware collaboration systems for pervasive computing,” in Proceedings of the LNCS Advanced Topics in Exception Handling Techniques, vol. 4119, pp. 161–180, Spring, 2006.
- G. Coulouris, J. Dollimore, and T. Kindberg, Distributed Systems—Concepts and Designs, International Computer Science Series, Addison-Wesley-Longman, 3rd edition, 2002.