- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 518518, 6 pages
An Energy-Efficient Multisite Offloading Algorithm for Mobile Devices
1School of Electronic and Information Engineering, Henan University of Science and Technology, Luoyang 471023, Henan, China
2School of Computer Science and Engineering, Beihang University, Beijing 100191, China
Received 10 January 2013; Accepted 20 February 2013
Academic Editor: Jianwei Niu
Copyright © 2013 Ruifang Niu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Rakhmatov and S. Vrudhula, “Energy management for battery-powered embedded systems,” ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 277–324, 2003.
- K. Lahiri, S. Dey, D. Panigrahi, et al., “Battery-driven system design: a new frontier in low power design,” in Proceedings of the Asia and South Pacific Design Automation Conference, pp. 261–267, Bangalore, India, 2002.
- R. Rao, S. Vrudhula, and D. N. Rakhmatov, “Battery modeling for energy-aware system design,” IEEE Computer, vol. 36, no. 12, pp. 77–87, 2003.
- Z. Li, C. Wang, and R. Xu, “Computation offloading to save energy on handheld devices: a partition scheme,” in Proceedings of the 4th ACM international Conference on Compilers, Architecture and Synthesis for Embedded systems (CASES '01), pp. 16–19, Atlanta, Ga, USA, 2001.
- R. Balan and J. Flinn, “The case for cyber foraging,” in Proceedings of the 10th ACM SIGOPS European European Workshop (Sigcom '02), pp. 160–165, Saint-Emilion, France, July 2002.
- N. Geoffray, G. Thomas, and G. Folliot, “Transparent and Dynamic Code Offloading for Java Applications,” in Proceedings of the OTM Confederated International Conferences CoopIS, DOA, GADA, and ODBASE, CO, pp. 57–66, 2006.
- L. Wang and M. Franz, “Automatic partitioning of object-oriented programs for resource-constrained mobile devices with multiple distribution objectives,” in Proceedings of the 14th IEEE International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems (ICPADS '08), pp. 369–376, Melbourne, Australia, December 2008.
- E. Cuervoy, A. Balasubramanian, D. K. Cho et al., “MAUI: making smartphones last longer with code offload,” in Proceedings of the 8th Annual International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications and Services (MobiSys '10), pp. 49–62, San Francisco, Calif, USA, June 2010.
- K. Yang, S. Ou, and H. H. Chen, “On effective offloading services for resource-constrained mobile devices running heavier mobile internet applications,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 56–63, 2008.
- K. Kumar and Y. H. Lu, “Cloud computing for mobile users: can offloading computation save energy?” Computer, vol. 43, no. 4, Article ID 5445167, pp. 51–56, 2010.
- M. Satyanarayanan, P. Bahl, R. Cáceres, and N. Davies, “The case for VM-based cloudlets in mobile computing,” IEEE Pervasive Computing, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 14–23, 2009.
- B. G. Chun and P. Maniatis, “Augmented smartphone applications through clone cloud execution,” in Proceeding of the 8th Workshop on Hot Topics in Operating Systems (HotOs '09), pp. 100–109, Monte Verità, Switzerland, 2009.
- S. Han, S. Zhang, Y. Zhang, and J. Cao, “Dynamic software allocation algorithm for saving power in pervasive computing,” Journal of Southeast University, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 216–220, 2007.
- Soot, November 2012, http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/.
- S. Ou, K. Yang, and A. Liotta, “An adaptive multi-constraint partitioning algorithm for offloading in pervasive systems,” in Proceedings of the 4th Annual IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom '06), pp. 116–125, Pisa, Italy, March 2006.