- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 620248, 10 pages
Range-Free Localization Scheme in Wireless Sensor Networks Based on Bilateration
Department of Information Engineering, I-Shou University, Kaohsiung 84001, Taiwan
Received 4 October 2012; Accepted 17 December 2012
Academic Editor: Long Cheng
Copyright © 2013 Chi-Chang Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Niculescu and B. Nath, “Ad hoc positioning system (APS),” in IEEE Global Telecommunicatins Conference (GLOBECOM'01), vol. 5, pp. 2926–2931, San Antonio, Tex, USA, November 2001.
- F. Liu, X. Cheng, D. Hua, and D. Chen, “TPSS: a time-based positioning scheme for sensor networks with short range beacons,” in Wireless Sensor Networks and Applications, pp. 175–193, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2008.
- H. Karl and A. Willig, Protocols and Architecture for Wireless Sensor Network, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 2005.
- A. Savvides, C. Han, and M. B. Srivastava, “Dynamic fine-grained localization in ad-hoc networks of sensors,” in Proceedings of the 7th Annual ACM/IEEE International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom '01), pp. 166–179, Rome, Italy, July 2001.
- R. Peng and M. L. Sichitiu, “Angle of arrival localization for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 3rd Annual IEEE Communications Society on Sensor and Ad hoc Communications and Networks (SECON '06), pp. 374–382, Reston, Va, USA, September 2006.
- N. Bulusu, J. Heidemann, and D. Estrin, “GPS-less low-cost outdoor localization for very small devices,” IEEE Personal Communications, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 28–34, 2000.
- N. Bulusu, J. Heidemann, and D. Estrin, “Adaptive beacon placement,” in Proceedings of the 21st IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS-21' 01), pp. 489–498, Mesa, Ariz, USA, April 2001.
- T. He, C. Huang, B. M. Blum, J. A. Stankovic, and T. Abdelzaher, “Range-free localization schemes for large scale sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 9th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom '03), pp. 81–95, usa, September 2003.
- A. Boukerche, H. Oliveira, E. Nakamura, and A. Loureiro, “DV-Loc: a scalable localization protocol using Voronoi diagrams for wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 50–55, 2009.
- Y. Wang, X. Wang, D. Wang, and D. P. Agrawal, “Range-free localization using expected hop progress in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 20, no. 10, pp. 1540–1552, 2009.
- D. Ma, M. J. Er, B. Wang, and H. B. Lim, “Range-free wireless sensor networks localization based onhop-count quantization,” Telecommunication Systems, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 199–213, 2010.
- J. Cota-Ruiz, J.-G. Rosiles, E. Sifuentes, and P. Rivas-Perea, “A low-complexity geometric bilateration method for localization in wireless sensor networks and its comparison with least-squares methods,” Sensors, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 839–862, 2012.
- X. Li, B. Ha, Y. Shang, Y. Guo, and L. Yue, “Bilateration: an attack-resistant localization algorithm of wireless sensor network,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Embedded and Ubiquitous Computing (IFIP '07), pp. 321–332, Taipei, Taiwan, 2007.
- K. Li, “Topological characteristics of random multihop wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems Workshops, pp. 685–690, Providence, RI, USA, May 2003.
- J. Bachrach, R. Nagpal, M. Salib, and H. Shrobe, “Experimental results for and theoretical analysis of a self-organizing global coordinate system for ad hoc sensor networks,” Telecommunication Systems, vol. 26, no. 2–4, pp. 213–233, 2004.