- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Comparative and Functional Genomics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 947089, 7 pages
Transposable Elements Are a Significant Contributor to Tandem Repeats in the Human Genome
Department of Biological Sciences, Brock University, St. Catharines, ON, Canada L2S 3A1
Received 25 February 2012; Revised 10 April 2012; Accepted 11 April 2012
Academic Editor: Yasunori Aizawa
Copyright © 2012 Musaddeque Ahmed and Ping Liang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Yun-Ji Kim, Jungnam Lee, and Kyudong Han, “Transposable Elements: No More 'Junk DNA',” Genomics & Informatics, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 226, 2012.
- Michael Hadjiargyrou, “The Intertwining of Transposable Elements and Non-Coding RNAs,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 14, no. 7, pp. 13307–13328, 2013.
- Marie Foulongne-Oriol, Claude Murat, Raúl Castanera, Lucía Ramírez, and Anton S.M. Sonnenberg, “Genome-wide survey of repetitive DNA elements in the button mushroom Agaricus bisporus,” Fungal Genetics and Biology, 2013.
- Anupma Sharma, Thomas K. Wolfgruber, and Gernot G. Presting, “Tandem repeats derived from centromeric retrotransposons,” BMC Genomics, vol. 14, no. 1, 2013.
- Phillip A. Dumesic, and Hiten D. Madhani, “Recognizing the enemy within: licensing RNA-guided genome defense,” Trends in Biochemical Sciences, 2013.
- Elisa Calistri, Marcello Buiatti, and Roberto Livi, “Variation and constraints in species-specific promoter sequences,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, 2014.
- Nevenka Meštrović, Brankica Mravinac, Martina Pavlek, Tanja Vojvoda-Zeljko, Eva Šatović, and Miroslav Plohl, “Structural and functional liaisons between transposable elements and satellite DNAs,” Chromosome Research, 2015.
- Sridaran Dhivya, and Kumpati Premkumar, “Nomadic genetic elements contribute to oncogenic translocations: Implications in carcinogenesis,” Critical Reviews in Oncology/Hematology, 2015.
- Inna S. Kuznetsova, Dmitrii I. Ostromyshenskii, Alexei S. Komissarov, Andrei N. Prusov, Irina S. Waisertreiger, Anna V. Gorbunova, Vladimir A. Trifonov, Malcolm A. Ferguson-Smith, and Olga I. Podgornaya, “LINE-related component of mouse heterochromatin and complex chromocenters’ composition,” Chromosome Research, 2016.
- Neda Barghi, Gisela P. Concepcion, Baldomero M. Olivera, and Arturo O. Lluisma, “Structural features of conopeptide genes inferred from partial sequences of the Conus tribblei genome,” Molecular Genetics And Genomics, vol. 291, no. 1, pp. 411–422, 2016.