- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Geophysics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 972896, 19 pages
Multimodel GCM-RCM Ensemble-Based Projections of Temperature and Precipitation over West Africa for the Early 21st Century
1Laboratory for Atmospheric Physics-Simeon Fongang (LPAF), Polytechnic School, Cheikh Anta Diop University, P.O. Box 5085, Dakar-Fann, Dakar, Senegal
2Earth System Physics (ESP) Section, International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), 34151 Trieste, Italy
3Department of Physics, UFR of Sciences and Technologies, University of Ziguinchor, 523 Ziguinchor, Senegal
Received 14 May 2011; Revised 6 September 2011; Accepted 21 November 2011
Academic Editor: Alessandra Giannini
Copyright © 2012 I. Diallo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [36 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Amadou M. Dieye, and D. P. Roy, “A Study of Rural Senegalese Attitudes and Perceptions of Their Behavior to Changes in the Climate,” Environmental Management, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 929–941, 2012.
- Ismaila Diallo, Mouhamadou B. Sylla, Moctar Camara, and Amadou T. Gaye, “Interannual variability of rainfall over the Sahel based on multiple regional climate models simulations,” Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 2012.
- Boubacar Ibrahim, Harouna Karambiri, Jan Polcher, Hamma Yacouba, and Pierre Ribstein, “Changes in rainfall regime over Burkina Faso under the climate change conditions simulated by 5 regional climate models,” Climate Dynamics, 2013.
- Alessandro Dosio, Arona Dhiédiou, Andre Kamga, Nana Ama Browne Klutse, Bruce Hewitson, Grigory Nikulin, Benjamin Lamptey, Emiola Gbobaniyi, Abdoulaye Sarr, Mouhamadou Bamba Sylla, Ismaila Diallo, and Chris Lennard, “Climatology, annual cycle and interannual variability of precipitation and temperature in CORDEX simulations over West Africa,” International Journal of Climatology, vol. 34, no. 7, pp. 2241–2257, 2013.
- Edward K. Vizy, Julien Cretat, Kerry H. Cook, and Naresh Neupane, “Projections of a Wetter Sahel in the Twenty-First Century from Global and Regional Models,” Journal Of Climate, vol. 26, no. 13, pp. 4664–4687, 2013.
- Ismaïla Diallo, Filippo Giorgi, Sandeep Sukumaran, Frode Stordal, and Graziano Giuliani, “Evaluation of RegCM4 driven by CAM4 over Southern Africa: mean climatology, interannual variability and daily extremes of wet season temperature and precipitation,” Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 2014.
- Ismaïla Diallo, Caroline L. Bain, Amadou T. Gaye, Wilfran Moufouma-Okia, Coumba Niang, Mame D. B. Dieng, and Richard Graham, “Simulation of the West African monsoon onset using the HadGEM3-RA regional climate model,” Climate Dynamics, 2014.
- Alessandro Dosio, Hans-Jürgen Panitz, Martina Schubert-Frisius, and Daniel Lüthi, “Dynamical downscaling of CMIP5 global circulation models over CORDEX-Africa with COSMO-CLM: evaluation over the present climate and analysis of the added value,” Climate Dynamics, 2014.
- Moussa S. Mounkaila, Babatunde J. Abiodun, and J. ‘Bayo Omotosho, “Assessing the capability of CORDEX models in simulating onset of rainfall in West Africa,” Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 2014.
- Ganiyu Titilope Oyerinde, Fabien C. C. Hountondji, Dominik Wisser, Bernd Diekkrüger, Agnide E. Lawin, Ayo J. Odofin, and Abel Afouda, “Hydro-climatic changes in the Niger basin and consistency of local perceptions,” Regional Environmental Change, 2014.
- Emilia Paula Diaconescu, Philippe Gachon, John Scinocca, and René Laprise, “Evaluation of daily precipitation statistics and monsoon onset/retreat over western Sahel in multiple data sets,” Climate Dynamics, 2014.
- Mamadou L. Mbaye, Andreas Haensler, Stefan Hagemann, Amadou T. Gaye, Christopher Moseley, and Abel Afouda, “Impact of statistical bias correction on the projected climate change signals of the regional climate model REMO over the Senegal River Basin,” International Journal of Climatology, 2015.
- Dhanya P, and Ramachandran A, “Farmers' perceptions of climate change and the proposed agriculture adaptation strategies in a semi arid region of south India,” Journal of Integrative Environmental Sciences, pp. 1–18, 2015.
- Mouhamadou Bamba Sylla, Filippo Giorgi, Jeremy S. Pal, Peter Gibba, Ibourahima Kebe, and Michel Nikiema, “Projected Changes in the Annual Cycle of High-Intensity Precipitation Events over West Africa for the Late Twenty-First Century*,” Journal of Climate, vol. 28, no. 16, pp. 6475–6488, 2015.
- Alessandro Dosio, and Hans-Jürgen Panitz, “Climate change projections for CORDEX-Africa with COSMO-CLM regional climate model and differences with the driving global climate models,” Climate Dynamics, 2015.
- Roop Saini, Guiling Wang, Miao Yu, and Jeehee Kim, “Comparison of RCM and GCM projections of boreal summer precipitation over Africa,” Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 2015.
- Lu Li, Ismaïla Diallo, Chong-Yu Xu, and Frode Stordal, “Hydrological projections under climate change in the near future by RegCM4 in Southern Africa using a large-scale hydrological model,” Journal of Hydrology, 2015.
- Leonard M. Druyan, and Matthew Fulakeza, “Downscaling GISS ModelE boreal summer climate over Africa,” Climate Dynamics, vol. 47, no. 11, pp. 3499–3515, 2015.
- Nana Ama Browne Klutse, Mouhamadou Bamba Sylla, Ismaila Diallo, Abdoulaye Sarr, Alessandro Dosio, Arona Diedhiou, Andre Kamga, Benjamin Lamptey, Abdou Ali, Emiola O. Gbobaniyi, Kwadwo Owusu, Christopher Lennard, Bruce Hewitson, Grigory Nikulin, Hans-Jürgen Panitz, and Matthias Büchner, “Daily characteristics of West African summer monsoon precipitation in CORDEX simulations,” Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 2015.
- Elie A. Padonou, Yvonne Bachmann, Romain Glèlè Kakaï, Anne Mette Lykke, and Brice Sinsin, “Spatial distribution of bowal and differences in physicochemical characteristics between bowal and woodland soils in Benin, West Africa,” Catena, vol. 124, pp. 45–52, 2015.
- Alessandro Dosio, “Projection of temperature and heat waves for Africa with an ensemble of CORDEX Regional Climate Models,” Climate Dynamics, 2016.
- Pinghouinde Michel Nikiema, Mouhamadou Bamba Sylla, Kehinde Ogunjobi, Ibourahima Kebe, Peter Gibba, and Filippo Giorgi, “Multi-model CMIP5 and CORDEX simulations of historical summer temperature and precipitation variabilities over West Africa,” International Journal of Climatology, 2016.
- Retinder Kour, Nilanchal Patel, and Akhouri Pramod Krishna, “Climate and hydrological models to assess the impact of climate change on hydrological regime: a review,” Arabian Journal of Geosciences, vol. 9, no. 9, 2016.
- Wonnan Eugène Yéo, Bi Tié Albert Goula, Bernd Diekkrüger, and Abel Afouda, “Vulnerability and adaptation to climate change in the Comoe River Basin (West Africa),” SpringerPlus, vol. 5, no. 1, 2016.
- Ibourahima Kebe, Mouhamadou Bamba Sylla, Jerome Adebayo Omotosho, Pinghouinde Michel Nikiema, Peter Gibba, and Filippo Giorgi, “Impact of GCM boundary forcing on regional climate modeling of West African summer monsoon precipitation and circulation features,” Climate Dynamics, vol. 48, no. 5-6, pp. 1503–1516, 2016.
- Moustapha Tall, Mouhamadou Bamba Sylla, Ismaïla Diallo, Jeremy S. Pal, Aïssatou Faye, Mamadou Lamine Mbaye, and Amadou Thierno Gaye, “Projected impact of climate change in the hydroclimatology of Senegal with a focus over the Lake of Guiers for the twenty-first century,” Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 2016.
- Ismaïla Diallo, Filippo Giorgi, Abdoulaye Deme, Moustapha Tall, Laura Mariotti, and Amadou T. Gaye, “Projected changes of summer monsoon extremes and hydroclimatic regimes over West Africa for the twenty-first century,” Climate Dynamics, vol. 47, no. 12, pp. 3931–3954, 2016.
- E. D. Poan, P. Gachon, G. Dueymes, E. Diaconescu, R. Laprise, and I. Seidou Sanda, “West African monsoon intraseasonal activity and its daily precipitation indices in regional climate models: diagnostics and challenges,” Climate Dynamics, vol. 47, no. 9-10, pp. 3113–3140, 2016.
- Mouhamadou Bamba Sylla, Jeremy S. Pal, Guiling L. Wang, and Peter J. Lawrence, “Impact of land cover characterization on regional climate modeling over West Africa,” Climate Dynamics, vol. 46, no. 1-2, pp. 637–650, 2016.
- Mouhamadou Bamba Sylla, Nellie Elguindi, Filippo Giorgi, and Dominik Wisser, “Projected robust shift of climate zones over West Africa in response to anthropogenic climate change for the late 21st century,” Climatic Change, vol. 134, no. 1-2, pp. 241–253, 2016.
- P. Olmos Gimenez, S.G. García Galiano, and J.D. Giraldo-Osorio, “Identifying a robust method to build RCMs ensemble as climate forcing for hydrological impact models,” Atmospheric Research, 2016.
- K. B. Raji, K. O. Ogunjobi, and A. A. Akinsanola, “Radiative effects of dust aerosol on West African climate using simulations from RegCM4,” Modeling Earth Systems and Environment, vol. 3, no. 1, 2017.
- Yuhan Wang, Hanbo Yang, Dawen Yang, Yue Qin, Bing Gao, and Zhentao Cong, “Spatial Interpolation of Daily Precipitation in a High Mountainous Watershed Based on Gauge Observations and a Regional Climate Model Simulation,” Journal of Hydrometeorology, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 845–862, 2017.
- Gneneyougo Soro, Affoué Yao, Yao Kouame, and Tié Bi, “Climate Change and Its Impacts on Water Resources in the Bandama Basin, Côte D’ivoire,” Hydrology, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 18, 2017.
- Ganiyu Oyerinde, Fabien Hountondji, Agnide Lawin, Ayo Odofin, Abel Afouda, and Bernd Diekkrüger, “Improving Hydro-Climatic Projections with Bias-Correction in Sahelian Niger Basin, West Africa,” Climate, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 8, 2017.
- Diarra Dieng, Gerhard Smiatek, Jan Bliefernicht, Dominikus Heinzeller, A. Sarr, A. T. Gaye, and Harald Kunstmann, “Evaluation of the COSMO-CLM high-resolution climate simulations over West Africa,” Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 2017.