- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Hypertension
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 578397, 11 pages
Current Perspectives on the Use of Meditation to Reduce Blood Pressure
1Kent State University, Kent, OH 44242, USA
2Summa Health System, Akron, OH 44309, USA
3Harrington Heart & Vascular Institute, University Hospitals Case Medical Center and Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
4Rice University, Houston, TX 77005, USA
Received 9 August 2011; Revised 17 October 2011; Accepted 24 October 2011
Academic Editor: Tavis S. Campbell
Copyright © 2012 Carly M. Goldstein et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Linda E. Carlson, “Mindfulness-Based Interventions for Physical Conditions: A Narrative Review Evaluating Levels of Evidence,” ISRN Psychiatry, vol. 2012, pp. 1–21, 2012.
- Onwilasini Stewart, Khemika Yamarat, Karl J. Neeser, Somrat Lertmaharit, and Eleanor Holroyd, “Buddhist religious practices and blood pressure among elderly in rural Uttaradit Province, northern Thailand,” Nursing & Health Sciences, 2013.
- Veronique A. Cornelissen, Roselien Buys, and Neil A. Smart, “Endurance exercise beneficially affects ambulatory blood pressure: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” Journal Of Hypertension, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 639–648, 2013.
- Jeanie Park, Robert H. Lyles, and Susan Bauer-Wu, “Mindfulness meditation lowers muscle sympathetic nerve activity and blood pressure in African-American males with chronic kidney disease,” American Journal of Physiology-Regulatory Integrative and Comparative Physi, vol. 307, no. 1, pp. R93–R101, 2014.
- Carine Smith, Jeandre T. Viljoen, and Lauren McGeachie, “African drumming,” Journal of Cardiovascular Medicine, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 441–446, 2014.
- Kathi J. Kemper, Daniel Powell, Christine Carlisle Helms, and Daniel B. Kim-Shapiro, “Loving-Kindness Meditation’s Effects on Nitric Oxide and Perceived Well-being: A Pilot Study in Experienced and Inexperienced Meditators,” EXPLORE: The Journal of Science and Healing, 2014.
- Patrick R. Steffen, and Michael J. Larson, “A Brief Mindfulness Exercise Reduces Cardiovascular Reactivity During a Laboratory Stressor Paradigm,” Mindfulness, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 803–811, 2015.
- Z Bai, J Chang, C Chen, P Li, K Yang, and I Chi, “Investigating the effect of transcendental meditation on blood pressure: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” Journal of Human Hypertension, 2015.
- Alberto Amutio, Cristina Martinez-Taboada, Luis Carlos Delgado, Daniel Hermosilla, and Maria Jesus Mozaz, “Acceptability and Effectiveness of a Long-Term Educational Intervention to Reduce Physicians' Stress-Related Conditions,” Journal Of Continuing Education In The Health Professions, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 255–260, 2015.
- Eric B. Loucks, Zev Schuman-Olivier, Willoughby B. Britton, David M. Fresco, Gaelle Desbordes, Judson A. Brewer, and Carl Fulwiler, “Mindfulness and Cardiovascular Disease Risk: State of the Evidence, Plausible Mechanisms, and Theoretical Framework,” Current Cardiology Reports, vol. 17, no. 12, 2015.
- Claudia Trudel-Fitzgerald, Paola Gilsanz, Murray A. Mittleman, and Laura D. Kubzansky, “Dysregulated Blood Pressure: Can Regulating Emotions Help?,” Current Hypertension Reports, vol. 17, no. 12, 2015.
- Sergei V. Pavlov, Natalia V. Reva, Konstantin V. Loktev, Vladimir V. Korenyok, and Lyubomir I. Aftanas, “Impact of long-term meditation practice on cardiovascular reactivity during perception and reappraisal of affective images,” International Journal of Psychophysiology, 2015.
- Chamandeep Kaur, and Preeti Singh, “EEG Derived Neuronal Dynamics during Meditation: Progress and Challenges,” Advances in Preventive Medicine, vol. 2015, pp. 1–10, 2015.
- Marijke A.K.A. Braeken, Alexander Jones, Renée A. Otte, Ivan Nyklíček, and Bea R.H. Van den Bergh, “Potential benefits of mindfulness during pregnancy on maternal autonomic nervous system function and infant development,” Psychophysiology, 2016.
- Darrell C. Greene, Paula J. Britton, and J. Brad Shepherd, “LGBTQ Aging: Mental Health at Midlife and Older Adulthood,” Journal of LGBT Issues in Counseling, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 180–196, 2016.