- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 983607, 8 pages
Perpendicularity in an Abelian Group
1School of Information Sciences, University of Tampere, 33014, Finland
2School of Applied Educational Science and Teacher Education, University of Eastern Finland, P.O. Box 86, 57101 Savonlinna, Finland
Received 12 January 2013; Accepted 19 March 2013
Academic Editor: Petru Jebelean
Copyright © 2013 Pentti Haukkanen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. L. Graham, D. E. Knuth, and O. Patashnik, Concrete Mathematics: A Foundation for Computer Science, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass, USA, 2nd edition, 1994.
- G. Birkhoff, Lattice Theory, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, USA, 3rd edition, 1993.
- P. Haukkanen, J. K. Merikoski, and T. Tossavainen, “Axiomatizing perpendicularity and parallelism,” Journal for Geometry and Graphics, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 129–139, 2011.
- G. Davis, “Orthogonality relations on abelian groups,” Journal of the Australian Mathematical Society. Series A, vol. 19, pp. 173–179, 1975.
- W. K. Nicholson, Introduction to Abstract Algebra, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1999.
- A. I. Veksler, “Linear spaces with disjoint elements and their conversion into vector lattices,” Leningradskiĭ Gosudarstvennyĭ Pedagogičeskiĭ Institut imeni A. I. Gercena. Učenye Zapiski, vol. 328, pp. 19–43, 1967 (Russian).
- F. Eugeni and B. Rizzi, “An incidence algebra on rational numbers,” Rendiconti di Matematica, vol. 12, no. 3-4, pp. 557–576, 1979.
- G. Davis, “Rings with orthogonality relations,” Bulletin of the Australian Mathematical Society, vol. 4, pp. 163–178, 1971.