- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Photoenergy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 362084, 4 pages
Detection of Ammonia in Liquids Using Millimeter Wave Spectroscopy
1The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey, Gebze, Kocaeli, Turkey
2Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Yeditepe University, Istanbul, Turkey
Received 13 July 2012; Accepted 5 October 2012
Academic Editor: Ipek Karaaslan
Copyright © 2012 Hilmi Ozturk et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. C. Kemp, “Millimetre wave and terahertz technology for the detection of concealed threats—a review,” in Optics and Photonics for Counterterrorism and Crime Fighting II, vol. 6402 of Proceedings of SPIE, September 2006.
- C. Banwell and E. M. McCash, Fundamentals of Molecular Spectroscopy, McGraw, 1994.
- W. Gordy, “Microwave molecular spectra,” in Technique of Organic Chemistry, A. Weissberger, Ed., vol. 9, Interscience, New York, NY, USA, 1970.
- P. Atkins and J. de Paula, Physical Chemistry, W. H. Freeman, 8th edition, 2006.
- R. J. Silbey, R. A. Alberty, and M. G. Bawendi, Physical Chemistry, John Wiley & Sons, New Jersey, NJ, USA, 2004.
- M. Szlazak, S. Y. Yam, D. Majstorovic, H. Hansen, and D. Abbott, “Remote gas detection using millimeter-wave spectroscopy for counter bio-terrorism,” in Biomedical Applications of Micro- and Nanoengineering, vol. 4937 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 73–83, December 2002.
- A. R. Emery and R. C. Taylor, “Raman spectroscopy in liquid ammonia solutions. Vibrational frequencies and force constants for isotopic species of the borohydride ion having tetrahedral symmetry,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 1029–1032, 1958.
- J. T. Kindt and C. A. Schmuttenmaer, “Far-infrared dielectric properties of polar liquids probed by femtosecond terahertz pulse spectroscopy,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 100, no. 24, pp. 10373–10379, 1996.
- T. Ujike and Y. Tominaga, “Raman spectral analysis of liquid ammonia and aqueous solution of ammonia,” Journal of Raman Spectroscopy, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 485–493, 2002.
- A. Bromberg, S. Kimel, and A. Ron, “Infrared spectrum of liquid and crystalline ammonia,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 262–266, 1977.
- D. J. Gardiner, R. E. Hester, and W. E. L. Grossman, “Ammonia in the liquid state and in solution: a Raman study,” Journal of Raman Spectroscopy, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 87–95, 1973.
- J. T. Kindt and C. A. Schmuttenmaer, “Far-infrared absorption spectra of water, ammonia, and chloroform calculated from instantaneous normal mode theory,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 106, no. 11, pp. 4389–4400, 1997.
- C. E. Cleeton and N. H. Williams, “Electromagnetic waves of 1.1 cm wave-length and the absorption spectrum of ammonia,” Physical Review, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 234–237, 1934.
- S. G. Kukolich, “Measurement of ammonia hyperfine structure with a two-cavity maser,” Physical Review, vol. 156, no. 1, pp. 83–92, 1967.
- A. C. Cheung, D. M. Rank, C. H. Townes, D. D. Thornton, and W. J. Welch, “Detection of NH3 molecules in the interstellar medium by their microwave emission,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 21, no. 25, pp. 1701–1705, 1968.