- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Photoenergy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 368403, 8 pages
Optimization of Rear Local Contacts on High Efficiency PERC Solar Cells Structures
Applied Materials, 3535 Garrett Drive, Santa Clara, CA 95054, USA
Received 1 February 2013; Revised 11 March 2013; Accepted 14 March 2013
Academic Editor: Sudhakar Shet
Copyright © 2013 Kapila Wijekoon et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Gatz, T. Dullweber, and R. Brendel, “Evaluation of serious resistance losses in screen-printed solar cells with local rear contacts,” IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics, vol. 1, pp. 37–42, 2011.
- T. Lauermann, T. Lüder, S. Scholz, B. Raabe, G. Hahn, and B. Terheiden, “Enabling dielectric rear side passivation for industrial mass production by developing lean printing-based solar cell processes,” in Proceedings of the 35th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (PVSC '10), pp. 28–33, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, June 2010.
- A. W. Blakers, A. Wang, A. M. Milne, J. Zhao, and M. A. Green, “22.8% efficient silicon solar cell,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 55, no. 13, pp. 1363–1365, 1989.
- K. Wijekoon, T. Weidman, S. Paak, and K. MacWilliams, “Production ready noval texture etching process for fabrication of single crystalline silicon solar cells,” in Proceedings of the 35th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (PVSC '10), pp. 3635–3641, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, June 2010.
- K. Wijekoon, P. Kumar, D. Tanner, H. Ponnekanti, and C. Gay, “Effect of additive and etchant concentration in surface morphology of mono-crystalline silicon solar cells textured with non-alcoholic chemical formulations,” in Proceedings of the 26th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition (EU PVSEC '11), pp. 2015–2019, Hamburg, Germany, September 2011.
- K. Wijekoon, H. Mungekar, M. Stewart et al., “Development of high efficiency mono-crystalline silicon solar cells: optimization of rear local contacts formation on dielectrically passivated surfaces,” in Proceedings of the 38th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (PVSC '12), pp. 28–33, June 2012.
- B. Fischer, Loss analysis of crystalline silicon solar cells using photoconductance and quantum efficiency measurements [Ph.D. dissertation], Universität Konstanz, Konstanz, Germany, 2003.
- R. H. Cox and H. Strack, “Ohmic contacts for GaAs devices,” Solid State Electronics, vol. 10, no. 12, pp. 1213–1218, 1967.
- P. Basore and D. Clugston, PC1d Version 5. 1 for Windows, UNSW, Sydney, Australia, 1997.
- M. Rauer, C. Schmiga, K. Ruhle, R. Woehl, M. Hermle, and S. Glunz, “Investigation of aluminum-alloyed local contacts for rear surface-passivated silicon solar cells,” IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 22–28, 2011.
- E. Urrejola, K. Peter, H. Plagwitz, and G. Schubert:, “Silicon diffusion in aluminum for rear passivated solar cells,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 98, no. 15, Article ID 153508, 3 pages, 2011.
- E. Urrejola, K. Peter, H. Plagwitz, and G. Schubert, “Al–Si alloy formation in narrow p-type Si contact areas for rear passivated solar cells,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 107, no. 12, Article ID 124516, 2010.
- T. Lauermann, A. Zuschlag, S. Scholz, G. Hahn, and B. Terheiden, “The influence of contact geometry and sub contact passivation on the performance of screen printed Al2O3 passivated solar cells,” in Proceedings of the 26th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition (EU PVSEC '11), pp. 1137–1143, Hamburg, Germany, September 2011.
- J. Krause, R. Woehl, and D. Biro, “Analysis of local Al-P+-layers for solar cells processed by small screen-printed structures,” in Proceedings of the 25th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition (EU PVSEC '10), pp. 1899–1904, Valencia, Spain, September 2010.