- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Photoenergy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 439079, 9 pages
Preparation of N- Using a Microwave/Sol-Gel Method and Its Photocatalytic Activity for Bisphenol A under Visible-Light and Sunlight Irradiation
1Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, National Kaohsiung University of Applied Sciences,
415 Chien-Kung Road, Kaohsiung 80778, Taiwan
2Department of Safety Health and Environmental Engineering, National Yunlin University of Science and Technology, Yunlin 64002, Taiwan
3Department of Environmental Engineering, National Ilan University, Ilan 26041, Taiwan
Received 20 November 2012; Revised 4 January 2013; Accepted 13 January 2013
Academic Editor: Mahmoud M. El-Nahass
Copyright © 2013 Chung-Hsin Wu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. A. Staples, P. B. Dorn, G. M. Klecka, S. T. O'Block, and L. R. Harris, “A review of the environmental fate, effects, and exposures of bisphenol A,” Chemosphere, vol. 36, no. 10, pp. 2149–2173, 1998.
- J. A. Brotons, M. F. Olea-Serrano, M. Villalobos, V. Pedraza, and N. Olea, “Xenoestrogens released from lacquer coatings in food cans,” Environmental Health Perspectives, vol. 103, no. 6, pp. 608–612, 1995.
- W. Ho, J. C. Yu, and S. Lee, “Low-temperature hydrothermal synthesis of S-doped TiO2 with visible light photocatalytic activity,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 179, no. 4, pp. 1171–1176, 2006.
- L. Szatmáry, S. Bakardjieva, J. Subrt et al., “Sulphur doped nanoparticles of TiO2,” Catalysis Today, vol. 161, no. 1, pp. 23–28, 2011.
- R. Asahi, T. Morikawa, T. Ohwaki, K. Aoki, and Y. Taga, “Visible-light photocatalysis in nitrogen-doped titanium oxides,” Science, vol. 293, no. 5528, pp. 269–271, 2001.
- R. Silveyra, L. T. Saenz, W. A. Flores, V. C. Martınez, and A. A. Elguezabal, “Doping of TiO2 with nitrogen to modify the interval of photocatalytic activation towards visible radiation,” Catalysis Today, vol. 107, pp. 602–605, 2005.
- Y. Ma, J. Zhang, B. Tian, F. Chen, and L. Wang, “Synthesis and characterization of thermally stable Sm,N co-doped TiO2 with highly visible light activity,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 182, no. 1–3, pp. 386–393, 2010.
- S. Irmak, O. Erbatur, and A. Akgerman, “Degradation of 17β-estradiol and bisphenol A in aqueous medium by using ozone and ozone/UV techniques,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 126, no. 1–3, pp. 54–62, 2005.
- M. Debordea, S. Rabouana, P. Mazelliera, J. P. Duguetc, and B. Legubea, “Oxidation of bisphenol A by ozone in aqueous solution,” Water Research, vol. 42, no. 16, pp. 4299–4308, 2008.
- T. Nakashima, Y. Ohko, D. A. Tryk, and A. Fujishima, “Decomposition of endocrine-disrupting chemicals in water by use of TiO2 photocatalysts immobilized on polytetrafluoroethylene mesh sheets,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, vol. 151, no. 1–3, pp. 207–212, 2002.
- N. Watanabe, S. Horikoshi, H. Kawabe, Y. Sugie, J. Zhao, and H. Hidaka, “Photodegradation mechanism for bisphenol A at the TiO2/H2O interfaces,” Chemosphere, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 851–859, 2003.
- K. Chiang, T. M. Lim, L. Tsen, and C. C. Lee, “Photocatalytic degradation and mineralization of bisphenol A by TiO2 and platinized TiO2,” Applied Catalysis A, vol. 261, no. 2, pp. 225–237, 2004.
- Y. B. Xie and X. Z. Li, “Degradation of bisphenol A in aqueous solution by H2O2-assisted photoelectrocatalytic oxidation,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 138, no. 3, pp. 526–533, 2006.
- R. A. Torres-Palma, J. I. Nieto, E. Combet, C. Pétrier, and C. Pulgarin, “An innovative ultrasound, Fe2+ and TiO2 photoassisted process for bisphenol a mineralization,” Water Research, vol. 44, no. 7, pp. 2245–2252, 2010.
- R. Wang, D. Ren, S. Xia, Y. Zhang, and J. Zhao, “Photocatalytic degradation of Bisphenol A (BPA) using immobilized TiO2 and UV illumination in a horizontal circulating bed photocatalytic reactor (HCBPR),” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 169, no. 1–3, pp. 926–932, 2009.
- C. Y. Kuo, C. H. Wu, and H. Y. Lin, “Photocatalytic degradation of bisphenol A in a visible light/TiO2 system,” Desalination, vol. 256, no. 1–3, pp. 37–42, 2010.
- J. Yang, J. Dai, and J. Li, “Synthesis, characterization and degradation of Bisphenol A using Pr, N co-doped TiO2 with highly visible light activity,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 257, no. 21, pp. 8965–8973, 2011.
- S. Kaneco, M. A. Rahman, T. Suzuki, H. Katsumata, and K. Ohta, “Optimization of solar photocatalytic degradation conditions of bisphenol A in water using titanium dioxide,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, vol. 163, no. 3, pp. 419–424, 2004.
- B. Gao, T. M. Lim, D. P. Subagio, and T. T. Lim, “Zr-doped TiO2 for enhanced photocatalytic degradation of bisphenol A,” Applied Catalysis A, vol. 375, no. 1, pp. 107–115, 2010.
- H. Katsumata, S. Kawabe, S. Kaneco, T. Suzuki, and K. Ohta, “Degradation of bisphenol A in water by the photo-Fenton reaction,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, vol. 162, no. 2-3, pp. 297–305, 2004.
- I. Ioan, S. Wilson, E. Lundanes, and A. Neculai, “Comparison of Fenton and sono-Fenton bisphenol a degradation,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 142, no. 1-2, pp. 555–558, 2007.
- M. Inoue, Y. Masuda, F. Okada, A. Sakurai, I. Takahashi, and M. Sakakibara, “Degradation of bisphenol A using sonochemical reactions,” Water Research, vol. 42, no. 6-7, pp. 1379–1386, 2008.
- R. A. Torres, C. Pétrier, E. Combet, M. Carrier, and C. Pulgarin, “Ultrasonic cavitation applied to the treatment of bisphenol A. Effect of sonochemical parameters and analysis of BPA by-products,” Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 605–611, 2008.
- X. Wang and T. T. Lim, “Solvothermal synthesis of C-N codoped TiO2 and photocatalytic evaluation for bisphenol A degradation using a visible-light irradiated LED photoreactor,” Applied Catalysis B, vol. 100, no. 1-2, pp. 355–364, 2010.
- X. Wang and T. T. Lim, “Effect of hexamethylenetetramine on the visible-light photocatalytic activity of C-N codoped TiO2 for bisphenol A degradation: evaluation of photocatalytic mechanism and solution toxicity,” Applied Catalysis A, vol. 399, no. 1-2, pp. 233–241, 2011.
- D. V. Sojic, V. N. Despotovic, N. D. Abazovic, M. I. Comor, and B. F. Abramovic, “Photocatalytic degradation of selected herbicides in aqueous suspensions of doped titania under visible light irradiation,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 179, no. 1–3, pp. 49–56, 2010.
- R. A. Spurr and H. Myers, “Quantitative analysis of anatase-rutile mixtures with an X-ray diffractometer,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 760–762, 1957.
- S. Y. Liu, Q. L. Tang, and Q. G. Feng, “Synthesis of S/Cr doped mesoporous TiO2 with high-active visible light degradation property via solid state reaction route,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 257, no. 13, pp. 5544–5551, 2011.
- S. T. Hussain, K. Khan, and R. Hussain, “Size control synthesis of sulfur doped titanium dioxide (anatase) nanoparticles, its optical property and its photo catalytic reactivity for conversion and phenol degradation,” Journal of Natural Gas Chemistry, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 383–391, 2009.
- Y. Wang, Y. Huang, W. Ho, L. Zhang, Z. Zou, and S. Lee, “Biomolecule-controlled hydrothermal synthesis of C-N-S-tridoped TiO2 nanocrystalline photocatalysts for NO removal under simulated solar light irradiation,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 169, no. 1–3, pp. 77–87, 2009.
- H. Li, J. Li, and Y. Huo, “Highly active TiO2N photocatalysts prepared by treating TiO2 precursors in NH3/ethanol fluid under supercritical conditions,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 110, no. 4, pp. 1559–1565, 2006.
- J. H. Xu, W. L. Dai, J. Li et al., “Simple fabrication of thermally stable apertured N-doped TiO2 microtubes as a highly efficient photocatalyst under visible light irradiation,” Catalysis Communications, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 146–152, 2008.
- F. Cot, A. Larbot, G. Nabias, and L. Cot, “Preparation and characterization of colloidal solution derived crystallized titania powder,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 18, no. 14, pp. 2175–2181, 1998.
- S. Hu, A. Wang, X. Li, and H. Löwe, “Hydrothermal synthesis of well-dispersed ultrafine N-doped TiO2 nanoparticles with enhanced photocatalytic activity under visible light,” Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, vol. 71, no. 3, pp. 156–162, 2010.
- C. Burda, Y. Lou, X. Chen, A. C. S. Samia, J. Stout, and J. L. Gole, “Enhanced nitrogen doping in TiO2 nanoparticles,” Nano Letters, vol. 3, no. 8, pp. 1049–1051, 2003.
- M. Xing, J. Zhang, and F. Chen, “New approaches to prepare nitrogen-doped TiO2 photocatalysts and study on their photocatalytic activities in visible light,” Applied Catalysis B, vol. 89, no. 3-4, pp. 563–569, 2009.
- M. Sathish, B. Viswanathan, R. P. Viswanath, and C. S. Gopinath, “Synthesis, characterization, electronic structure, and photocatalytic activity of nitrogen-doped TiO2 nanocatalyst,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 17, no. 25, pp. 6349–6353, 2005.
- X. Chen and C. Burda, “Photoelectron spectroscopic investigation of nitrogen-doped titania nanoparticles,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 108, no. 40, pp. 15446–15449, 2004.
- J. L. Gole, J. D. Stout, C. Burda, Y. Lou, and X. Chen, “Highly efficient formation of visible light tunable TiO2-xNx photocatalysts and their transformation at the nanoscale,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 108, no. 4, pp. 1230–1240, 2004.
- J. A. Rengifo-Herrera and C. Pulgarin, “Photocatalytic activity of N, S co-doped and N-doped commercial anatase TiO2 powders towards phenol oxidation and E. coli inactivation under simulated solar light irradiation,” Solar Energy, vol. 84, no. 1, pp. 37–43, 2010.