- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Photoenergy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 685038, 9 pages
The Multiple Effects of Precursors on the Properties of Polymeric Carbon Nitride
1College of Urban Construction and Environmental Engineering, Chongqing University, Chongqing 400045, China
2Chongqing Key Laboratory of Catalysis and Functional Organic Molecules, College of Environmental and Biological Engineering, Chongqing Technology and Business University, Chongqing 400067, China
Received 21 May 2013; Accepted 18 July 2013
Academic Editor: Pengyi Zhang
Copyright © 2013 Wendong Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. S. Zhang, J. H. Sun, K. Maeda et al., “Sulfur-mediated synthesis of carbon nitride: band-gap engineering and improved functions for photocatalysis,” Energy & Environmental Science, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 675–678, 2011.
- H. Tong, S. X. Ouyang, Y. P. Bi, N. T. Umezawa, M. Oshikiri, and J. H. Ye, “Nano-photocatalytic materials: possibilities and challenges,” Advanced Materials, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 229–251, 2012.
- J. G. Yu, M. Jaroniec, and G. X. Lu, “TiO2 photocatalytic materials,” International Journal of Photoenergy, vol. 2012, Article ID 206183, 5 pages, 2012.
- N. Todorova, T. Giannakopoulou, G. Romanos, T. Vaimakis, J. G. Yu, and C. Trapalis, “Preparation of fluorine-doped TiO2 photocatalysts with controlled crystalline structure,” International Journal of Photoenergy, vol. 2008, Article ID 534038, 9 pages, 2008.
- F. Dong, W. K. Ho, S. C. Lee et al., “Template-free fabrication and growth mechanism of uniform (BiO)2CO3 hierarchical hollow microspheres with outstanding photocatalytic activities under both UV and visible light irradiation,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 21, no. 33, pp. 12428–12436, 2011.
- J. G. Yu, P. Y. Zhang, H. G. Yu, and C. Trapalis, “Environmental photocatalysis,” International Journal of Photoenergy, vol. 2012, Article ID 594214, 4 pages, 2012.
- Q. Y. Chen and D. Ma, “Preparation of nanostructured Cu2SnS3 photocatalysts by solvothermal method,” International Journal of Photoenergy, vol. 2013, Article ID 593420, 5 pages, 2013.
- X. C. Wang, S. Blechert, and M. Antonietti, “Polymeric graphitic carbon nitride for heterogeneous photocatalysis,” ACS Catalysis, vol. 2, no. 8, pp. 1596–1606, 2012.
- Y. J. Cui, Z. X. Ding, X. Z. Fu, and X. C. Wang, “Construction of conjugated carbon nitride nanoarchitectures in solution at low temperatures for photoredox catalysis,” Angewandte Chemie, vol. 51, no. 47, pp. 11814–11818, 2012.
- G. Liu, P. Niu, and H. M. Cheng, “Visible-light-active elemental photocatalysts,” ChemPhysChem, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 885–892, 2013.
- Y. Wang, X. C. Wang, and M. Antonietti, “Polymeric graphitic carbon nitride as a heterogeneous organocatalyst: from photochemistry to multipurpose catalysis to sustainable chemistry,” Angewandte Chemie, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 68–89, 2012.
- Z. Z. Lin and X. C. Wang, “Nanostructure engineering and doping of conjugated carbon nitride semiconductors for hydrogen photosynthesis,” Angewandte Chemie, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 1735–1738, 2013.
- G. Xin and Y. L. Meng, “Pyrolysis synthesized g-C3N4 for photocatalytic degradation of methylene blue,” Journal of Chemistry, vol. 2013, Article ID 187912, 5 pages, 2013.
- J. D. Hong, X. Y. Xia, Y. S. Wang, and R. Xu, “Mesoporous carbon nitride with in situ sulfur doping for enhanced photocatalytic hydrogen evolution from water under visible light,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 22, no. 30, pp. 15006–15012, 2012.
- G. P. Mane, D. S. Dhawale, C. Anand et al., “Selective sensing performance of mesoporous carbon nitride with a highly ordered porous structure prepared from 3-amino-1,2,4-triazine,” Journal of Materials Chemistry A, vol. 1, no. 8, pp. 2913–2920, 2013.
- X. H. Li, X. C. Wang, and M. Antonietti, “Mesoporous g-C3N4 nanorods as multifunctional supports of ultrafine metal nanoparticles: hydrogen generation from water and reduction of nitrophenol with tandem catalysis in one step,” Chemical Science, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 2170–2174, 2012.
- B. Kiskan, J. S. Zhang, X. C. Wang, M. Antonietti, and Y. Yagci, “Mesoporous graphitic carbon nitride as a heterogeneous visible light photoinitiator for radical polymerization,” ACS Macro Letters, vol. 1, no. 5, pp. 546–549, 2012.
- M. Shalom, S. Inal, C. Fettkenhauer, D. Neher, and M. Antonietti, “Improving carbon nitride photocatalysis by supramolecular preorganization of monomers,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 135, no. 19, pp. 7118–7121, 2013.
- F. Dong, L. W. Wu, Y. J. Sun, M. Fu, Z. B. Wu, and S. C. Lee, “Efficient synthesis of polymeric g-C3N4 layered materials as novel efficient visible light driven photocatalysts,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 21, no. 39, pp. 15171–15174, 2011.
- F. Dong, Y. J. Sun, L. W. Wu, M. Fu, and Z. B. Wu, “Facile transformation of low cost thiourea into nitrogen-rich graphitic carbon nitride nanocatalyst with high visible light photocatalytic performance,” Catalysis Science & Technology, vol. 2, no. 7, pp. 1332–1335, 2012.
- S. C. Yan, Z. S. Li, and Z. G. Zou, “Photodegradation performance of g-C3N4 fabricated by directly heating melamine,” Langmuir, vol. 25, no. 17, pp. 10397–10401, 2009.
- H. Xu, J. Yan, Y. G. Xu et al., “Novel visible-light-driven AgX/graphite-like C3N4 (X = Br, I) hybrid materials with synergistic photocatalytic activity,” Applied Catalysis B, vol. 129, pp. 182–193, 2013.
- A. Vinu, “Two-dimensional hexagonally-ordered mesoporous carbon nitrides with tunable pore diameter, surface area and nitrogen content,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 816–827, 2008.
- A. Vinu, K. Ariga, T. Mori et al., “Preparation and characterization of well-ordered hexagonal mesoporous carbon nitride,” Advanced Materials, vol. 17, no. 13, pp. 1648–1652, 2005.
- A. Vinu, P. Srinivasu, D. P. Sawant et al., “Three-dimensional cage type mesoporous CN-based hybrid material with very high surface area and pore volume,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 19, no. 17, pp. 4367–4372, 2007.
- X. G. Ma, Y. H. Lv, J. Xu, Y. F. Liu, R. Q. Zhang, and Y. F. Zhu, “A strategy of enhancing the photoactivity of g-C3N4 via doping of nonmetal elements: a first-principles study,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 116, no. 44, pp. 23485–23493, 2012.
- J. Gracia and P. Kroll, “First principles study of C3N4 carbon nitride nanotubes,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 19, no. 19, pp. 3020–3026, 2009.
- F. Goettmann, A. Fischer, M. Antonietti, and A. Thomas, “Chemical synthesis of mesoporous carbon nitrides using hard templates and their use as a metal-free catalyst for Friedel-Crafts reaction of benzene,” Angewandte Chemie, vol. 45, no. 27, pp. 4467–4471, 2006.
- Y. Zhang, Z. M. Pan, and X. C. Wang, “Advances in photocatalysis in China,” Chinese Journal of Catalysis, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 524–535, 2013.
- V. N. Khabashesku, J. L. Zimmerman, and J. L. Margrave, “Powder synthesis and characterization of amorphous carbon nitride,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 12, no. 11, pp. 3264–3270, 2000.
- G. G. Zhang, J. S. Zhang, M. W. Zhang, and X. C. Wang, “Polycondensation of thiourea into carbon nitride semiconductors as visible light photocatalysts,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 22, no. 16, pp. 8083–8091, 2012.
- Y. Ham, K. Maeda, D. Cha, K. Takanabe, and K. Domen, “Synthesis and photocatalytic activity of poly (triazine imide),” Chemistry, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 218–224, 2013.
- Y. J. Cui, J. S. Zhang, G. G. Zhang et al., “Synthesis of bulk and nanoporous carbon nitride polymers from ammonium thiocyanate for photocatalytic hydrogen evolution,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 21, no. 34, pp. 13032–13039, 2011.
- Y. W. Zhang, J. H. Liu, G. Wu, and W. Chen, “Porous graphitic carbon nitride synthesized via direct polymerization of urea for efficient sunlight-driven photocatalytic hydrogen production,” Nanoscale, vol. 4, no. 17, pp. 5300–5303, 2012.
- S. Wang, Q. Y. Gao, and J. C. Wang, “Thermodynamic analysis of decomposition of thiourea and thiourea oxides,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 109, no. 36, pp. 17281–17289, 2005.
- J. Xu, H. T. Wu, X. Wang, B. Xue, Y. X. Li, and Y. Cao, “A new and environmentally benign precursor for the synthesis of mesoporous g-C3N4 with tunable surface area,” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, vol. 15, no. 13, pp. 4510–4517, 2013.
- M. Sadhukhan and S. Barman, “Bottom-up fabrication of two-dimensional carbon nitride and highly sensitive electrochemical sensors for mercuric ions,” Journal of Materials Chemistry A, vol. 1, no. 8, pp. 2752–2756, 2013.
- H. T. Tian, J. W. Li, M. Ge, Y. P. Zhao, and L. Liu, “Removal of bisphenol a by mesoporous BiOBr under simulated solar light irradiation,” Catalysis Science & Technology, vol. 2, no. 11, pp. 2351–2355, 2012.
- J. S. Zhang, X. F. Chen, K. Takanabe et al., “Synthesis of a carbon nitride structure for visible-light catalysis by copolymerization,” Angewandte Chemie, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 441–444, 2010.
- J. H. Li, B. Shen, Z. H. Hong, B. Z. Lin, B. F. Gao, and Y. L. Chen, “A facile approach to synthesize novel oxygen-doped g-C3N4 with superior visible-light photoreactivity,” Chemical Communications, vol. 48, no. 98, pp. 12017–12019, 2012.