- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Pediatrics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 452909, 4 pages
Prevalence of Anemia in Children with Congestive Heart Failure due to Dilated Cardiomyopathy
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, University Heart Center, University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf, Martinistraße 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Received 14 August 2012; Revised 4 October 2012; Accepted 16 October 2012
Academic Editor: Lavjay Butani
Copyright © 2012 Goetz Christoph Mueller et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. K. Ghali, “Anemia and heart failure,” Current Opinion in Cardiology, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 683–687, 2009.
- M. R. Cowie, A. Mosterd, D. A. Wood et al., “The epidemiology of heart failure,” European Heart Journal, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 208–225, 1997.
- G. M. Felker, L. K. Shaw, W. G. Stough, and C. M. O'Connor, “Anemia in patients with heart failure and preserved systolic function,” American Heart Journal, vol. 151, no. 2, pp. 457–462, 2006.
- D. M. Mancini, S. D. Katz, C. C. Lang, J. LaManca, A. Hudaihed, and A. S. Androne, “Effect of erythropoietin on exercise capacity in patients with moderate to severe chronic heart failure,” Circulation, vol. 107, no. 2, pp. 294–299, 2003.
- A. P. Bolger, F. R. Bartlett, H. S. Penston et al., “Intravenous iron alone for the treatment of anemia in patients with chronic heart failure,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 1225–1227, 2006.
- L. Thomas and C. Thomas, “Hämoglobinkonzentration,” in Labor Und Diagnose, L. Thomas, Ed., pp. 682–692, TH-Books, Frankfurt, Germany, 7th edition, 2008.
- D. Glicklich, T. Kapoian, H. Mian, J. Gilman, V. Tellis, and H. Croizat, “Effects of erythropoietin, angiotensin II, and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor on erythroid precursors in patients with posttransplantation erythrocytosis,” Transplantation, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 62–66, 1999.
- B. Chatterjee, U. E. Nydegger, and P. Mohacsi, “Serum erythropoietin in heart failure patients treated with ACE-inhibitors or AT1 antagonists,” European Journal of Heart Failure, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 393–398, 2000.
- A. S. Androne, S. D. Katz, L. Lund et al., “Hemodilution is common in patients with advanced heart failure,” Circulation, vol. 107, no. 2, pp. 226–229, 2003.
- K. K. A. Witte, R. Desilva, S. Chattopadhyay, J. Ghosh, J. G. F. Cleland, and A. L. Clark, “Are hematinic deficiencies the cause of anemia in chronic heart failure?” American Heart Journal, vol. 147, no. 5, pp. 924–930, 2004.
- Y. D. Tang and S. D. Katz, “Anemia in chronic heart failure: prevalence, etiology, clinical correlates, and treatment options,” Circulation, vol. 113, no. 20, pp. 2454–2461, 2006.
- J. D. Kay, S. D. Colan, and T. P. Graham, “Congestive heart failure in pediatric patients,” American Heart Journal, vol. 142, no. 5, pp. 923–928, 2001.