- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Pediatrics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 583249, 11 pages
Factors Influencing Physical Activity in Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs: A Pilot Study
1Drexel School of Public Health, Drexel University, 245 N. 15th Street, Mail Stop 660, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
2Drexel College of Nursing and Health Professions, Drexel University, 245 N. 15th Street, Mail Stop 1030, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
3The Research Center, Franciscan Hospital for Children, 30 Warren Street, Brighton, MA 02135, USA
4Department of Pediatrics, St. Christopher's Hospital for Children, 3601 A Street, Philadelphia, PA 19134, USA
Received 14 December 2011; Revised 3 February 2012; Accepted 13 February 2012
Academic Editor: Kristie F. Bjornson
Copyright © 2012 Katie Feehan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Helene M. Dumas, “Rehabilitation Considerations for Children Dependent on Long-Term Mechanical Ventilation,” ISRN Rehabilitation, vol. 2012, pp. 1–15, 2012.
- Purni Abeysekara, Renee Turchi, and Margaret O’Neil, “Obesity and children with special healthcare needs,” Current Opinion in Pediatrics, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 508–515, 2014.
- Kristi S. Menear, and William H. Neumeier, “Promoting Physical Activity for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder: Barriers, Benefits, and Strategies for Success,” Journal of Physical Education, Recreation & Dance, vol. 86, no. 3, pp. 43–48, 2015.
- Sofia Santos, Inês Maldonado, and Adilson Marques, “Atividade Física Na Spina Bifida,” Journal of Research in Special Educational Needs, vol. 16, pp. 216–220, 2016.
- Ruopeng An, Yan Yang, and Kaigang Li, “Residential Neighborhood Amenities and Physical Activity Among U.S. Children with Special Health Care Needs,” Maternal and Child Health Journal, 2016.