- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Polymer Science
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 972541, 10 pages
Soluble Polyimides Bearing Long-Chain Alkyl Groups on Their Side Chain via Polymer Reaction
Department of Biochemistry and Applied Chemistry, Kurume National College of Technology, Komorino 1-1-1, Kurume, Fukuoka 830-8555, Japan
Received 31 July 2012; Accepted 24 September 2012
Academic Editor: Yoshiki Chujo
Copyright © 2012 Yusuke Tsuda et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. K. Ghosh and K. L. Mittal, Polyimides; Fundamentals and Applications, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 1996.
- K. L. Mittal, Polyimides and Other High Temperature Polymers, vol. 5, VSP/Brill, Leiden, The Netherlands, 2009.
- M. G. Dhara and S. Banerjee, “Fluorinated high-performance polymers: poly(arylene ether)s and aromatic polyimides containing trifluoromethyl groups,” Progress in Polymer Science, vol. 35, no. 8, pp. 1022–1077, 2010.
- M. Ding, “Isomeric polyimides,” Progress in Polymer Science, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 623–668, 2007.
- I. Sava, Ş. Chişcǎ, M. Brumǎ, and G. Lisa, “Comparative study of aromatic polyimides containing methylene units,” Polymer Bulletin, vol. 65, no. 4, pp. 363–375, 2010.
- M. Ghaemy and S. M. Amini Nasab, “Synthesis and identification of organosoluble polyimides: thermal, photophysical and chemiluminescence properties,” Polymer Journal, vol. 42, no. 8, pp. 648–656, 2010.
- G. M. Jiang, X. Jiang, Y. F. Zhu, D. Huang, X. H. Jing, and W. D. Gao, “Synthesis and characterization of organo-soluble polyimides derived from a new spirobifluorene diamine,” Polymer International, vol. 59, no. 7, pp. 896–900, 2010.
- X. Chen, K. Chen, P. Chen, M. Higa, K. I. Okamoto, and T. Hirano, “Effects of tetracarboxylic dianhydrides on the properties of sulfonated polyimides,” Journal of Polymer Science A, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 905–915, 2010.
- K. W. Lee, “Microscopic molecular reorientation of alignment layer polymer surfaces induced by rubbing and its effects on LC pretilt angles,” Macromolecules, vol. 29, no. 27, pp. 8894–8899, 1996.
- C. Lee, T. H. Woo, and M. Lee, “Effect of alkyl side chain of soluble polyimide orienting layer on liquid crystal alignment,” Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals Science and Technology A, vol. 316, pp. 205–208, 1998.
- B. S. Ban, Y. N. Rim, and Y. B. Kim, “Pretilt angle for BTDA, PMDA and CPDA series polyimides with various side chain lengths,” Liquid Crystals, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 125–130, 2000.
- J. T. Jung, M. H. Yl, S. K. Kwon, and K. Y. Choi, “Aromatic polyimides containing pendant alkyl groups for liquid crystal alignment layers,” Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals Science and Technology A, vol. 333, pp. 1–13, 1999.
- L. Li, J. Yin, Y. Sui et al., “Preparation and properties of high-pretilt-angle polyimides based on an alicyclic dianhydride and long alkyloxy side-group-containing diamines,” Journal of Polymer Science A, vol. 38, no. 11, pp. 1943–1950, 2000.
- S. J. Lee, J. C. Jung, S. W. Lee, and M. Ree, “Synthesis of novel polypyromellitimides with n-alkyloxy side chains and their liquid-crystal aligning property,” Journal of Polymer Science A, vol. 42, no. 13, pp. 3130–3142, 2004.
- Y. J. Lee, Y. W. Kim, J. D. Ha, J. M. Oh, and M. H. Yi, “Synthesis and characterization of novel polyimides with 1-octadecyl side chains for liquid crystal alignment layers,” Polymers for Advanced Technologies, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 226–234, 2007.
- Y. Tsuda, T. Kawauchi, N. Hiyoshi, and S. Mataka, “Soluble polyimides based on alkyldiaminobenzophenone,” Polymer Journal, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 594–601, 2000.
- Y. Tsuda, K. Kanegae, and S. Yasukouchi, “Soluble polyimides based on alkyloxydiaminobenzene,” Polymer Journal, vol. 32, no. 11, pp. 941–947, 2000.
- Y. Tsuda, M. Kojima, and J. M. Oh, “Soluble polyimides based on diaminobenzoic acid alkylester,” Polymer Journal, vol. 38, no. 10, pp. 1043–1054, 2006.
- Y. Tsuda, M. Kojima, T. Matsuda, and J. M. Oh, “Soluble polyimides based on long-chain alkyl groups via amide linkages,” Polymer Journal, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 354–366, 2008.
- Y. Tsuda, “Soluble polyimides based on aromatic diamines bearing long-chain alkyl groups,” in Polyimides and Other High Temperature Polymers, K. L. Mittal, Ed., vol. 5, pp. 17–42, VSP/Brill, Leiden, The Netherlands, 2009.
- Y. Tsuda, J. M. Oh, and R. Kuwahara, “Dendronized polyimides bearing long-chain alkyl groups and their application for vertically aligned nematic liquid crystal displays,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 10, no. 11, pp. 5031–5053, 2009.
- T. Ji, J. Zhang, G. Cui, and Y. Li, “The synthesis of novel aromatic polyamides with precisely pendant dendritic blocks,” Polymer Bulletin, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 379–386, 1999.
- Y. Li, T. Ji, and J. Zhang, “Preparation and properties of novel aromatic polyamides and polyimides jacked with dendritic fragments,” Journal of Polymer Science A, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 189–197, 2000.
- D. H. Wang, Z. Shen, M. Guo, S. Z. D. Cheng, and F. W. Harris, “Synthesis and properties of polyimides containing multiple alkyl side chains,” Macromolecules, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 889–900, 2007.
- T. Omote, “Photosensitive polyimides: molecular design and synthesis,” in Polyimides; Fundamentals and Applications, M. K. Ghosh and K. L. Mittal, Eds., pp. 121–149, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 1996.
- K. I. Fukukawa and M. Ueda, “Recent progress of photosensitive polyimides,” Polymer Journal, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 281–296, 2008.
- V. S. K. Balagurusamy, G. Ungar, V. Percec, and G. Johansson, “Rational design of the first spherical supramolecular dendrimers self-organized in a novel thermotropic cubic liquid-crystalline phase and the determination of their shape by X-ray analysis,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 119, no. 7, pp. 1539–1555, 1997.
- V. Percec, W. D. Cho, M. Möller, S. A. Prokhorova, G. Ungar, and D. J. P. Yeardley, “Design and structural analysis of the first spherical monodendron self- organizable in a cubic lattice,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 122, no. 17, pp. 4249–4250, 2000.
- S. H. Hsiao and T. L. Huang, “Synthesis and characterization of new polyimides based on 3,6-bis(4-aminophenoxy)benzonorbornane,” Journal of Polymer Research, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 9–21, 2004.
- T. Ozawa, “Industrial standardization of thermal analysis in Japan,” Journal of Thermal Analysis, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 1379–1398, 1993.