About this Journal
Aims and scope
The aim of the International Journal of Reconfigurable Computing is to serve the large community of researchers and professional engineers working on theoretical and practical aspects of reconfigurable computing. The journal seeks to promote the use of reconfigurable computing for research, education, and applications. Original full and short papers on all aspects of reconfigurable computing, from hardware architectures and devices to custom computers and high performance systems, are encouraged for submission.
All aspects of reconfigurable computing are considered. Since the entire field is very dynamic, areas of the interest include but are not limited to:
- Models, methods, tools, and architectures for reconfigurable computing
- Compilation, simulation, debugging, synthesis, verification, and test of reconfigurable systems
- Field programmable gate arrays and other reconfigurable technologies
- Self adaptation and dynamic reconfiguration
- Evolvable hardware and adaptive computing
- Algorithms implemented on reconfigurable hardware
- Hardware/software codesign and cosimulation with reconfigurable hardware
- High performance reconfigurable computing
- Reconfigurable computing education
Application areas of reconfigurable computing include (but are not limited to): signal and image processing, communications, biomedical applications, consumer electronics, embedded systems, automation, intelligent systems, scientific computing, infotainment and multimedia, industrial applications, data compression, cryptography, robotics, and automotive.
ISSN: 1687-7195 (Print)
ISSN: 1687-7209 (Online)
International Journal of Reconfigurable Computing was founded in 2007 by Professor René Cumplido who served as the Editor-in-Chief of the journal between 2007 and 2011.
International Journal of Reconfigurable Computing is an open access journal. All articles are immediately available to read and reuse upon publication. More information about our Open Access policy can be found on our copyright page.