Aboubakary Diakhaby, Youssef Ouknine, "Locally periodic homogenization of reflected diffusion", International Journal of Stochastic Analysis, vol. 2006, Article ID 037643, 17 pages, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1155/JAMSA/2006/37643
Locally periodic homogenization of reflected diffusion
We study the homogenization of reflected SDEs with locally periodic coefficients and highly oscillating drift. Our method is entirely probabilistic, and builds upon earlier works of Tanaka, Benchérif-Madani and Pardoux, and Bensoussan et al We extend, to Tanaka's theorem locally periodic case.
- A. Benchérif-Madani and É. Pardoux, “Homogenization of a diffusion with locally periodic coefficients,” Lecture Notes in Mathematics, pp. 397–409, 2004.
- A. Benchérif-Madani and É. Pardoux, “Locally periodic homogenization,” Asymptotic Analysis, vol. 39, no. 3-4, pp. 263–279, 2004.
- A. Bensoussan, J.-L. Lions, and G. C. Papanicolaou, Asymptotic Analysis for Periodic Structures, vol. 5 of Studies in Mathematics and Its Applications, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1978.
- P. Billingsley, Convergence of Probability Measures, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1968.
- M. I. Freĭdlin, “The Dirichlet problem for an equation with periodic coefficients depending on a small parameter,” Teorija Verojatnosteĭ i ee Primenenija, vol. 9, pp. 133–139, 1964.
- M. I. Freĭdlin, Markov Processes and Differential Equations: Asymptotic Problems, Lectures in Mathematics ETH Zürich, Birkhäuser, Basel, 1996.
- Ĭ. Ī. Gīhman and A. V. Skorohod, Stochastic Differential Equations, Springer, New York, 1972.
- A. G. Malliaris, Stochastic Methods in Economics and Finance, vol. 17 of Advanced Textbooks in Economics, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1982, with a foreword and contributions by W. A. Brock, eight reprint 1999.
- Y. Ouknine and É. Pardoux, “Homogenization of PDEs with non linear boundary condition,” in Ascola Conference, pp. 293–307, 2004.
- É. Pardoux, “Homogenization of linear and semilinear second order parabolic PDEs with periodic coefficients: a probabilistic approach,” Journal of Functional Analysis, vol. 167, no. 2, pp. 498–520, 1999.
- L. Słomiński, “Euler's approximations of solutions of SDEs with reflecting boundary,” Stochastic Processes and Their Applications, vol. 94, no. 2, pp. 317–337, 2001.
- D. W. Stroock and S. R. S. Varadhan, “Diffusion processes with boundary conditions,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 24, pp. 147–225, 1971.
- H. Tanaka, “Homogenization of diffusion processes with boundary conditions,” in Stochastic Analysis and Applications, vol. 7 of Advanced Probability in Related Topics, pp. 411–437, Dekker, New York, 1984.
Copyright © 2006 Aboubakary Diakhaby and Youssef Ouknine. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.