- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Telemedicine and Applications
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 297416, 3 pages
Health Information Accessed on the Internet: The Development in 5 European Countries
1Northern Research Institute, Tromsø, Norway
2Telemedicine Research Group, Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Tromsø, N-9037 Tromsø, Norway
3Division of Addiction and Specialized Psychiatry, University Hospital of North Norway, N-9291 Tromsø, Norway
Received 3 September 2012; Revised 12 November 2012; Accepted 14 November 2012
Academic Editor: Velio Macellari
Copyright © 2012 Per Egil Kummervold and Rolf Wynn. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Keselman, R. Logan, C. A. Smith, G. Leroy, and Q. Zeng-Treitler, “Developing informatics tools and strategies for consumer-centered health communication,” Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 473–483, 2008.
- S. C. Wangberg, T. S. Bergmo, and J. A. K. Johnsen, “Adherence in internet-based interventions,” Journal of Patient Preference and Adherence, vol. 2, pp. 57–65, 2008.
- S. Santana, B. Lausen, M. Bujnowska-Fedak, C. E. Chronaki, H. U. Prokosch, and R. Wynn, “Informed citizen and empowered citizen in health: results from an European survey,” BMC Family Practice, vol. 12, no. 20, 2011.
- H. K. Andreassen, M. M. Bujnowska-Fedak, C. E. Chronaki et al., “European citizens' use of E-health services: a study of seven countries,” BMC Public Health, vol. 7, no. 53, 2007.
- H. K. Andreassen, S. C. Wangberg, R. Wynn, T. Sørensen, and P. Hjortdahl, “Health-related use of the Internet in the Norwegian population,” Tidsskrift for den Norske Laegeforening, vol. 126, no. 22, pp. 2950–2952, 2006.
- S. Wangberg, H. Andreassen, P. Kummervold, R. Wynn, and T. Sørensen, “Use of the internet for health purposes: trends in Norway 2000–2010,” Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 691–696, 2009.
- P. E. Kummervold, C. E. Chronaki, B. Lausen et al., “eHealth trends in Europe 2005–2007: a population-based survey,” Journal of Medical Internet Research, vol. 10, no. 4, p. e42, 2008.
- R. Spadaro, Eurobarometer 58.0-European Union citizens and sources of information about health, EORG, http://ec.europa.eu/public_opinion/archives/ebs/ebs_179_en.pdf, 2003.
- Network Society in Portugal, http://www.cies.iscte.pt/en/linhas/linha2/sociedade_rede/index.jsp.
- G. Cardoso, R. Espanha, and M. do Carmo Gomes, Network Society in Portugal Survey, CIES-ISCTE, Porto, Portugal, 2006.
- G. Cardoso, A. F. da Costa, C. P. Conceição, and M. do Carmo Gomes, Network Society in Portugal, Campo das Letras, Porto, Portugal, 2006.
- G. Cardoso, “Portugal in transition to the network society. A generational divide through the lenses of the Internet,” Observatorio Journal, vol. 6, pp. 1–24, 2008.
- S. Fox, Health Information Online. Pew ReSearch Center's Internet & American Life Project, Pew Research Centre, Washington, DC, USA, 2005.
- S. Fox, The Engaged e-Patient Population. Pew Research Center's Internet & American Life Project, Pew Research Centre, Washington, DC, USA, 2008.
- Centre for the Digital Future, World Internet project-International report 2010, http://www.digitalcenter.org/pages/site_content.asp?intGlobalId=42.
- Ipsos Public Affairs, Les conséquences des usage d'internet sur les relations patients-médecinshttp://www.conseil-national.medecin.fr/article/vers-une-meilleure-integration-d'internet-la-relation-medecins-patients-982, 2010.
- S. Koch-Weser, Y. S. Bradshaw, L. Gualtieri, and S. S. Gallagher, “The internet as a health information source: findings from the 2007 Health Information National Trends Survey and implications for health communication,” Journal of Health Communication, vol. 15, supplement 3, pp. 279–293, 2010.