- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Vehicular Technology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 846016, 8 pages
Performance Evaluation of IEEE 1609 WAVE for Vehicular Communications
1Department of Electrical Engineering, Tunghai University, 40704 Taichung, Taiwan
2Department of Electronic Communication Engineering, National Kaohsiung Marine University, 81157 Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Received 27 December 2012; Revised 17 March 2013; Accepted 31 March 2013
Academic Editor: Cheng-Min Lin
Copyright © 2013 Jyh-Horng Wen and Chien-Erh Weng. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Xiao, “QoS guarantee and provisioning at the contention-based wireless MAC layer in the IEEE 802.11 wireless LANs,” IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine, vol. 13, pp. 14–21, 2006.
- D. Gu and J. Zhang, “QoS enhancement in IEEE802.11 wireless local area networks,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 120–124, 2003.
- S. Choi, J. del Prado, S. Shankar N, and S. Mangold, “IEEE 802.11e Contention-based channel access (EDCF) performance evaluation,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Communications (ICC '03), pp. 1151–1156, May 2003.
- J. Deng and R. S. Chang, “A priority scheme for IEEE 802.11 DGF access method,” IEICE Transactions on Communications, vol. 82, no. 1, pp. 96–102, 1999.
- I. Aad and C. Castelluccia, “Differentiation mechanisms for IEEE 802.11,” in Proceedings of the 20th Annual Joint Conference on the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (IEEE INFOCOM '01), pp. 209–218, April 2001.
- A. Veres, A. T. Campbell, M. Barry, and L. H. Sun, “Supporting service differentiation in wireless packet networks using distributed control,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 19, no. 10, pp. 2081–2093, 2001.
- S. Gräfling, P. Mähönen, and J. Riihijärvi, “Performance evaluation of IEEE, 1609 WAVE and IEEE 802. 11p for vehicular communications,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Ubiquitous and Future Networks (ICUFN '10), pp. 344–348, Jeju Island, Republic of Korea, June 2010.
- J. R. Gallardo, D. Makrakis, and H. T. Mouftah, “Performance analysis of the EDCA medium access mechanism over the control channel of an IEEE 802.11p WAVE vehicular network,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '09), pp. 1–6, Dresden, Germany, June 2009.
- S. W. Chang, J. Cha, and S. S. Sun, “Adaptive EDCA mechanism for vehicular ad-hoc network,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Networking (ICOIN '12), pp. 379–383, Bali, Indonesia, February 2012.
- IEEE 802. 11 WG, Part 11: Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specification, 1999.
- G. Bianchi, “Performance analysis of the IEEE 802.11 distributed coordination function,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 535–547, 2000.
- Y. Xiao and J. Rosdahl, “Throughput and delay limits of IEEE 802. 11,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 6, no. 8, pp. 355–357, 2002.
- J. Zhu and S. Roy, “MAC for dedicated short range communications in intelligent transport system,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 60–67, 2003.