- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 378940, 6 pages
Multifocal Epithelioid Hemangioma with Reactive Bone Formation
1Department of Radiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
2Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Received 20 March 2011; Accepted 12 April 2011
Academic Editors: A. Handra-Luca, T. Naka, and A.-G. Selim
Copyright © 2011 Jessica M. Sin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Haap, I. Kötter, M. Horger et al., “Disseminated epitheloid hemangioendothelioma mimicking symptoms of systemic vasculitis,” Onkologie, vol. 28, no. 8-9, pp. 429–432, 2005.
- R. O. Cone, P. Hudkins, V. Nguyen, and W. A. Merriwether, “Histiocytoid hemangioma of bone: a benign lesion which may mimic angiosarcoma. Report of a case and review of literature,” Skeletal Radiology, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 165–169, 1983.
- A. A. De Smet, D. Inscore, and J. R. Neff, “Case report 521: histiocytoid hemangioma of the distal end of the right humerus,” Skeletal Radiology, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 60–65, 1989.
- J. F. Fetsch and S. W. Weiss, “Observations concerning the pathogenesis of epithelioid hemangioma (angiolymphoid hyperplasia),” Modern Pathology, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 449–455, 1991.
- V. L. Fornasier, S. Finkelstein, G. W. Gardiner, and D. Wong, “Angliolymphoid hyperplasia with eosinophilia: a bone lesion pathologically resembling Kimura's disease of skin. A report of two cases,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 166, pp. 243–248, 1982.
- J. X. O'Connell, S. V. Kattapuram, H. J. Mankin, A. K. Bhan, and A. E. Rosenberg, “Epithelioid hemangioma of bone: a tumor often mistaken for low-grade angiosarcoma or malignant hemangioendothelioma,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 610–617, 1993.
- J. X. O'Connell, G. P. Nielsen, and A. E. Rosenberg, “Epithelioid vascular tumors of bone: a review and proposal of a classification scheme,” Advances in Anatomic Pathology, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 74–82, 2001.
- D. Ose, R. Vollmer, and J. Shelburne, “Histiocytoid hemangioma of the skin and scapula. A case report with electron microscopy and immunohistochemistry,” Cancer, vol. 51, no. 9, pp. 1656–1662, 1983.
- J. Rosai, J. Gold, and R. Landy, “The histiocytoid hemangiomas. A unifying concept embracing several previously described entities of skin, soft tissue, large vessels, bone, and heart,” Human Pathology, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 707–730, 1979.
- D. E. Wenger and L. E. Wold, “Benign vascular lesions of bone: radiologic and pathologic features,” Skeletal Radiology, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 63–74, 2000.
- A. T. Deyrup and A. G. Montag, “Epithelioid and epithelial neoplasms of bone,” Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 131, no. 2, pp. 205–216, 2007.
- M. S. Sung, Y. S. Kim, and D. Resnick, “Epithelioid hemangioma of bone,” Skeletal Radiology, vol. 29, no. 9, pp. 530–534, 2000.
- V. Madhuri, N. M. Walter, R. J. Korula, and S. Nair, “Epithelioid haemangioma (benign haemangioendothelioma of bone)—a case report,” Indian Journal of Cancer, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 173–177, 1996.
- G. P. Nielsen, A. Srivastava, S. Kattapuram et al., “Epithelioid hemangioma of bone revisited: a study of 50 cases,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 270–277, 2009.
- M. Kyriakos, G. Y. El-Khoury, D. J. McDonald et al., “Osteoblastomatosis of bone. A benign, multifocal osteoblastic lesion, distinct from osteoid osteoma and osteoblastoma, radiologically simulating a vascular tumor,” Skeletal Radiology, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 237–247, 2007.
- O. Larochelle, M. Périgny, R. Lagacé, N. Dion, and C. Giguère, “Best cases from the AFIP: epithelioid hemangioendothelioma of bone,” Radiographics, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 265–270, 2006.
- D. I. Rosenthal, M. E. Treat, H. J. Mankin, A. E. Rosenberg, and C. L. Jennings, “Treatment of epithelioid hemangioendothelioma of bone using a novel combined approach,” Skeletal Radiology, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 219–222, 2001.