- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 949686, 7 pages
An Open-Label Pilot Study to Assess the Efficacy and Safety of Virgin Coconut Oil in Reducing Visceral Adiposity
1Healthy Lifestyle Cluster, Advanced Medical and Dental Institute, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Pulau Pinang 11800, Malaysia
2Department of Medicine, School of Medical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Kelantan 16150, Malaysia
3Department of Sport Sciences, School of Medical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Kelantan 16150, Malaysia
4Department of Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Kelantan 16150, Malaysia
Received 11 December 2010; Accepted 19 January 2011
Academic Editors: O. Badary, P. Cos, T. B. Vree, and T. W. Stone
Copyright © 2011 Kai Ming Liau et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- He Sun, Tao Jiang, Shubao Wang, Bing He, Yongyan Zhang, Dongxu Piao, Chong Yu, Na Wu, and Ping Han, “The effect of LXR alpha, ChREBP and Elovl6 in liver and white adipose tissue on medium- and long-chain fatty acid diet-induced insulin resistance,” Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, vol. 102, no. 3, pp. 183–192, 2013.
- Kaori Yasuda, Shinichi Ikushiro, Masaki Kamakura, Masashi Takano, Nozomi Saito, Atsushi Kittaka, Tai C. Chen, Miho Ohta, and Toshiyuki Sakaki, “Human cytochrome P450-dependent differential metabolism among three 2α-substituted-1α,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 analogs,” The Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, vol. 133, pp. 84–92, 2013.
- Badlishah Sham Nurul-Iman, Yusof Kamisah, Kamsiah Jaarin, and Hj Mohd Saad Qodriyah, “Virgin Coconut Oil Prevents Blood Pressure Elevation and Improves Endothelial Functions in Rats Fed with Repeatedly Heated Palm Oil,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Salma Al-Sibaie, and Mohammad Y. Hajeer, “Assessment of changes following en-masse retraction with mini-implants anchorage compared to two-step retraction with conventional anchorage in patients with class II division 1 malocclusion: a randomized controlled trial,” European Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 275–283, 2014.
- Firoozeh Nafar, and Karen M. Mearow, “Coconut Oil Attenuates the Effects of Amyloid-beta on Cortical Neurons in vitro,” Journal of Alzheimers Disease, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 233–237, 2014.
- Laura Boemeke, Aline Marcadenti, Fernanda Michielin Busnello, and C.B.A Gottschall, “Effects of Coconut Oil on Human Health,” Open Journal of Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases, vol. 05, no. 07, pp. 84–87, 2015.
- Bretrand H. Rihn, Mosaad A. Abdel-Wahhab, Ezzeldeen S. El-Denshary, Abdulhadi Aljawish, Aziza A. El-Nekeety, Nabila S. Hassan, and Raghda H. Saleh, “Possible Synergistic Effect and Antioxidant Properties of Chitosan Nanoparticles and Quercetin against Carbon Tetrachloride-Induce Hepatotoxicity in Rats,” Soft Nanoscience Letters, vol. 05, no. 02, pp. 36–51, 2015.
- S. Lockyer, and S. Stanner, “Coconut oil - a nutty idea?,” Nutrition Bulletin, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 42–54, 2016.
- Maniyal Vijayakumar, D.M. Vasudevan, K.R. Sundaram, Sajitha Krishnan, Kannan Vaidyanathan, Sandya Nandakumar, Rajiv Chandrasekhar, and Navin Mathew, “A randomized study of coconut oil versus sunflower oil on cardiovascular risk factors in patients with stable coronary heart disease,” Indian Heart Journal, 2016.
- Renuka Gunasekaran, Mohammed Rafid Shaker, Siti Waheeda Mohd-Zin, Aminah Abdullah, Azlina Ahmad-Annuar, and Noraishah Mydin Abdul-Aziz, “Maternal intake of dietary virgin coconut oil modifies essential fatty acids and causes low body weight and spiky fur in mice,” BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 17, no. 1, 2017.