- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Physical Chemistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 103817, 7 pages
Substitution Effects of C-C Triple Bonds on Deactivation Processes from the Fluorescent State of Pyrene Studied by Emission and Transient Absorption Measurements
1Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Graduate School of Engineering, Gunma University, Gunma, Kiryū 376-8515, Japan
2Department of Applied Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka Prefecture University, Osaka, Sakai 599-8531, Japan
3Division of Material Sciences, Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa 920-1192, Japan
4Graduate School of Material Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Nara, Ikoma 630-0192, Japan
Received 14 August 2012; Accepted 6 September 2012
Academic Editors: H. Pal and E. Yeow
Copyright © 2012 Minoru Yamaji et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. G. Evans, B. Jerome, and N. H. Rees, “dπ-pπ interaction in trimethylsilyl substituted naphthalenes. Part I. A study using polarography, and charge transfer and ultraviolet spectroscopy,” Journal of the Chemical Society, no. 4, pp. 447–452, 1973.
- A. G. Evans, B. Jerome, and N. H. Rees, “dπ-pπ Interaction in trimethylsilyl-substituted naphthalenes. Part II. Electron spin resonance studies,” Journal of the Chemical Society, no. 15, pp. 2091–2093, 1973.
- H. Shizuka, H. Obuchi, M. Ishikawa, and M. Kumada, “Photochemical and photophysical behaviour of phenylsilanes and naphthylsilanes,” Journal of the Chemical Society, vol. 80, no. 2, pp. 383–401, 1984.
- H. Shizuka, Y. Sato, Y. Ueki, M. Ishikawa, and M. Kumada, “The 2pπ*-3dπ interaction in aromatic silanes. Fluorescence from the 1(2pπ, 3dπ) intramolecular charge-transfer state,” Journal of the Chemical Society, vol. 80, no. 2, pp. 341–357, 1984.
- D. Declercq, F. C. De Schryver, and R. D. Miller, “Fluorescence behaviour of pyrene substituted tri- and hexa-silanes,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 186, no. 6, pp. 467–473, 1991.
- D. Declercq, P. Delbeke, F. C. De Schryver, L. Van Meervelt, and R. D. Miller, “Ground-and excited-state interaction in Di-1-pyrenyl-substituted oligosilanes,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 115, no. 13, pp. 5702–5708, 1993.
- S. A. Odom, S. R. Parkin, and J. E. Anthony, “Tetracene derivatives as potential red emitters for organic LEDs,” Organic Letters, vol. 5, no. 23, pp. 4245–4248, 2003.
- J. G. Rodríguez and J. Esquivias, “Synthesis of nanostructures based on 1,4- and 1,3,5-phenylethynyl units with π-extended conjugation. Carbon networks dendrimer base units,” Tetrahedron Letters, vol. 44, no. 26, pp. 4831–4834, 2003.
- A. L. K. S. Shun, E. T. Chernick, S. Eisler, and R. R. Tykwinski, “Synthesis of unsymmetrically substituted 1,3-butadiynes and 1,3,5-hexatriynes via alkylidene carbenoid rearrangements,” Journal of Organic Chemistry, vol. 68, no. 4, pp. 1339–1347, 2003.
- S. Kyushin, M. Ikarugi, M. Goto, H. Hiratsuka, and H. Matsumoto, “Synthesis and electronic properties of 9,10-disilylanthracenes,” Organometallics, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 1067–1070, 1996.
- S. Kyushin, N. Takemasa, H. Matsumoto, H. Horiuchi, and H. Hiratsuka, “2,3,6,7,10,11-Hexakis(dimethylsilyl)triphenylene,” Chemistry Letters, vol. 32, no. 11, pp. 1048–1049, 2003.
- S. Kyushin, Y. Ishikita, H. Matsumoto, H. Horiuchi, and H. Hiratsuka, “Yellow-green fluorescence of 5,11- and 5,12-bis(diisopropylsilyl) naphthacenes,” Chemistry Letters, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 64–65, 2006.
- S. Kyushin, T. Matsuura, and H. Matsumoto, “2,3,4,5-Tetrakis(dimethylsilyl)thiophene: the first 2,3,4,5- tetrasilylthiophene,” Organometallics, vol. 25, no. 11, pp. 2761–2765, 2006.
- H. Maeda, Y. Inoue, H. Ishida, and K. Mizuno, “UV absorption and fluorescence properties of pyrene derivatives having trimethylsilyl, trimethylgermyl, and trimethylstannyl groups,” Chemistry Letters, vol. 30, no. 12, pp. 1224–1225, 2001.
- H. Maeda, T. Maeda, K. Mizuno, K. Fujimoto, H. Shimizu, and M. Inouye, “Alkynylpyrenes as improved pyrene-based biomolecular probes with the advantages of high fluorescence quantum yields and long absorption/emission wavelengths,” Chemistry A, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 824–831, 2006.
- A. M. Ara, T. Iimori, T. Nakabayashi, H. Maeda, K. Mizuno, and N. Ohta, “Electric field effects on absorption and fluorescence spectra of trimethylsilyl- And trimethylsilylethynyl-substituted compounds of pyrene in a PMMA film,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 111, no. 36, pp. 10687–10696, 2007.
- H. Maeda, H. Ishida, Y. Inoue, A. Merpuge, T. Maeda, and K. Mizuno, “UV absorption and fluorescence properties of fused aromatic hydrocarbons having trimethylsilyl, trimethylgermyl, and trimethylstannyl groups,” Research on Chemical Intermediates, vol. 35, no. 8-9, pp. 939–948, 2009.
- T. Karatsu, “Photochemistry and photophysics of organomonosilane and oligosilanes: updating their studies on conformation and intramolecular interactions,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology C, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 111–137, 2008.
- S. J. Strickler and R. A. Berg, “Relationship between absorption intensity and fluorescence lifetime of molecules,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 814–822, 1962.
- J. B. Birks, Photophysics of Aromatic Molecules, Wiely-Interscience, London, UK, 1970.
- N. J. Turro, Modern Molecular Photochemistry, The Benjamin/Cummings Publishing, Menlo Park, Calif, USA, 1978.
- T. Karatsu, R. Hazuku, D. Nishioka, S. Yagai, N. Kobayashi, and A. Kitamura, “Photoluminescence and electroluminescence of 9,10-bis(silylethynyl) anthracene,” Journal of Photopolymer Science and Technology, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 65–68, 2005.
- J. E. Anthony, “Functionalized acenes and heteroacenes for organic electronics,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 106, no. 12, pp. 5028–5048, 2006.
- T. Karatsu, R. Hazuku, M. Asuke et al., “Blue electroluminescence of silyl substituted anthracene derivatives,” Organic Electronics, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 357–366, 2007.
- M. Yamaji, “Stepwise two-color laser photolysis studies of α-cleavage in highly excited triplet states of α-acyl-4-phenylphenols,” Photochemical and Photobiological Sciences, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 711–717, 2008.
- K. Suzuki, A. Kobayashi, S. Kaneko et al., “Reevaluation of absolute luminescence quantum yields of standard solutions using a spectrometer with an integrating sphere and a back-thinned CCD detector,” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, vol. 11, no. 42, pp. 9850–9860, 2009.
- M. Yamaji, Y. Aihara, T. Itoh, S. Tobita, and H. Shizuka, “Thermochemical profiles on hydrogen atom transfer from triplet naphthol and proton-induced electron transfer from triplet methoxynaphthalene to benzophenone via triplet exciplexes studied by laser flash photolysis,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 98, no. 28, pp. 7014–7021, 1994.
- H. Hirano and T. Azumi, “A new method to determine the quantum yield of intersystem crossing,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 86, no. 1, pp. 109–112, 1982.
- M. Montalti, A. Credi, L. Prodi, and M. T. Gandolfi, Handbook of Photochemistry, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 3rd edition, 2006.