- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Condensed Matter Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 140842, 7 pages
Fullerene Nanotubes Fabricated with Light Irradiation as a Critical Influence Factor
1Key Laboratory of Rubber-Plastics, Ministry of Education, Qingdao University of Science and Technology, 53 Zhengzhou Road, Qingdao, Shandong 266042, China
2School of Polymer Science and Engineering, Qingdao University of Science and Technology, 53 Zhengzhou Road, Qingdao, Shandong 266042, China
Received 3 August 2012; Accepted 21 August 2012
Academic Editors: V. Kochereshko and S. Krukowski
Copyright © 2012 Yongtao Qu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. W. Kroto, J. R. Heath, S. C. O'Brien, R. F. Curl, and R. E. Smalley, “C60: buckminsterfullerene,” Nature, vol. 318, no. 6042, pp. 162–163, 1985.
- L. Wang, B. Liu, D. Liu et al., “Synthesis of thin, rectangular C60 nanorods using m-xylene as a shape controller,” Advanced Materials, vol. 18, no. 14, pp. 1883–1888, 2006.
- H. Liu, Y. Li, L. Jiang et al., “Imaging as-grown  fullerene nanotubes by template technique,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 124, no. 45, pp. 13370–13371, 2002.
- Y. G. Guo, C. J. Li, L. J. Wan et al., “Well-defined fullerene nanowire arrays,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 13, no. 8, pp. 626–630, 2003.
- K. Miyazawa, Y. Kuwasaki, A. Obayashi, and M. Kuwabara, “C60 nanowhiskers formed by the liquid-liquid interfacial precipitation method,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 83–88, 2002.
- K. Ogawa, T. Kato, A. Ikegami et al., “Electrical properties of field-effect transistors based on C60 nanowhiskers,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 88, no. 11, Article ID 112109, 3 pages, 2006.
- P. R. Somani, S. P. Somani, and M. Umeno, “Toward organic thick film solar cells: three dimensional bulk heterojunction organic thick film solar cell using fullerene single crystal nanorods,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 91, no. 17, Article ID 173503, 3 pages, 2007.
- K. Miyazawa, “Synthesis and properties of fullerene nanowhiskers and fullerene nanotubes,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 41–50, 2009.
- X. Zhang, K. Jiao, G. Piao, S. Liu, and S. Li, “Voltammetric study of fullerene C60 and fullerene C60 nanotubes with sandwich method,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 159, no. 5-6, pp. 419–423, 2009.
- X. Zhang, Y. Qu, G. Piao, J. Zhao, and K. Jiao, “Reduced working electrode based on fullerene C60 nanotubes@DNA: characterization and application,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 175, no. 2, pp. 159–163, 2010.
- H. X. Ji, J. S. Hu, Q. X. Tang et al., “Controllable preparation of submicrometer single-crystal C60 rods and tubes trough concentration depletion at the surfaces of seeds,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 111, no. 28, pp. 10498–10502, 2007.
- K. Miyazawa, A. Obayashi, and M. Kuwabara, “C60 nanowhiskers in a mixture of lead zirconate titanate sol-C60 toluene solution,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 84, no. 3–12, pp. 3037–3039, 2001.
- J. Y. Hu, N. N. Niu, G. Z. Piao, et al., “Phase transitions in single crystal tubes formed from C60 molecules under high pressure,” Carbon, vol. 50, no. 15, pp. 5458–5462, 2012.
- K. Miyazawa, J. I. Minato, T. Yoshii, M. Fujino, and T. Suga, “Structural characterization of the fullerene nanotubes prepared by the liquid-liquid interfacial precipitation method,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 688–695, 2005.
- K. Miyazawa, K. Hamamoto, S. Nagata, and T. Suga, “Structural investigation of the C60/C70whiskers fabricated by forming liquid-liquid interfaces of toluene with dissolved C60/C70 and isopropyl alcohol,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 1096–1103, 2003.
- G. Li, P. Liu, Z. Han et al., “A novel approach to fabrication of fullerene C60 nanotubes: using C60-pyridine colloid as a precursor,” Materials Letters, vol. 64, no. 3, pp. 483–485, 2010.
- W. Kratschmer, L. D. Lamb, K. Fostiropoulos, and D. R. Huffman, “Solid C60: a new form of carbon,” Nature, vol. 347, no. 6291, pp. 354–358, 1990.
- J. I. Minato, K. Miyazawa, and T. Suga, “Morphology of C60 nanotubes fabricated by the liquid-liquid interfacial precipitation method,” Science and Technology of Advanced Materials, vol. 6, no. 3-4, pp. 272–277, 2005.
- J. X. Cheng, Y. Fang, Q. J. Huang, Y. J. Yan, and X. Y. Li, “Blue-green photoluminescence from pyridine-C60 adduct,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 330, no. 3-4, pp. 262–266, 2000.
- M. Tachibana, K. Kobayashi, T. Uchida, K. Kojima, M. Tanimura, and K. Miyazawa, “Photo-assisted growth and polymerization of C60 “nano” whiskers,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 374, no. 3-4, pp. 279–285, 2003.
- Y. Qu, S. Liang, K. Zou et al., “Effect of solvent type on the formation of tubular fullerene nanofibers,” Materials Letters, vol. 65, no. 3, pp. 562–564, 2011.
- J. R. Lakowicz, Principle of Fluorescence Spectroscopy, Kluwer Academic/Plenum, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1999.
- H. Imahori, K. Hagiwara, T. Akiyama, S. Taniguchi, T. Okada, and Y. Sakata, “Synthesis and photophysical property of porphyrin-linked fullerene,” Chemistry Letters, vol. 24, pp. 265–266, 1995.
- D. Kuciauskas, S. Lin, G. R. Seely et al., “Energy and photoinduced electron transfer in porphyrin-fullerene dyads,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 100, no. 39, pp. 15926–15932, 1996.
- E. F. Sheka, “Donor-acceptor interaction and fullerene C60 dimerization,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 438, no. 1–3, pp. 119–126, 2007.
- R. Świetlik, P. Byszewski, and E. Kowalska, “Interactions of C60 with organic molecules in solvate crystals studied by infrared spectroscopy,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 254, no. 1-2, pp. 73–78, 1996.
- R. G. Alargova, S. Deguchi, and K. Tsujii, “Stable colloidal dispersions of fullerenes in polar organic solvents,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 123, no. 43, pp. 10460–10467, 2001.
- K. S. Schmitz, An Introduction to Dynamic Light Scattering by Macromolecules, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1990.
- R. Pecora, Dynamic Light Scattering, Plenum Press, New York, NY, USA, 1985.
- A. Mrzei, A. Mertelj, A. Omerzu, M. Copic, and D. Mihailovic, “Investigation of encapsulation and solvatochromism of fullerenes in binary solvent mixtures,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 103, no. 51, pp. 11256–11260, 1999.
- G. V. Andrievsky, V. K. Klochkov, A. B. Bordyuh, and G. I. Dovbeshko, “Comparative analysis of two aqueous-colloidal solutions of C60 fullerene with help of FTIR reflectance and UV-Vis spectroscopy,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 364, no. 1-2, pp. 8–17, 2002.
- C. L. Ringor and K. Miyazawa, “Synthesis of C60 nanotubes by liquid-liquid interfacial precipitation method: influence of solvent ratio, growth temperature, and light illumination,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 17, no. 4-5, pp. 529–534, 2008.
- S. Nath, H. Pal, D. K. Palit, A. V. Sapre, and J. P. Mittal, “Aggregation of fullerene, C60, in benzonitrile,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 102, no. 50, pp. 10158–10164, 1998.
- A. D. Bokare and A. Patnaik, “C60 aggregate structure and geometry in nonpolar o-xylene,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 109, no. 1, pp. 87–92, 2005.
- B. Mayers and Y. N. Xia, “Formation of tellurium nanotubes through concentration depletion at the surfaces of seeds,” Advanced Materials, vol. 14, pp. 279–282, 2002.
- G. C. Krueger and C. W. Miller, “A study in the mechanics of crystal growth from a supersaturated solution,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 21, no. 11, pp. 2018–2023, 1953.
- G. Li, Z. Han, G. Piao, J. Zhao, S. Li, and G. Liu, “To distinguish fullerene C60 nanotubes and C60 nanowhiskers using Raman spectroscopy,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 163, no. 3, pp. 161–164, 2009.
- K. Kobayashi, M. Tachibana, and K. Kojima, “Photo-assisted growth of C60 nanowhiskers from solution,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 274, no. 3-4, pp. 617–621, 2005.