- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 453517, 5 pages
UV Illumination Room-Temperature ZnO Nanoparticle Ethanol Gas Sensors
Institute of Microelectronics and Department of Electrical Engineering, Center for Micro/Nano Science and Technology, Advanced Optoelectronic Technology Center, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 70101, Taiwan
Received 10 January 2012; Accepted 9 February 2012
Academic Editors: C. S. Casari, C. Li, and W. Lu
Copyright © 2012 Sheng-Po Chang and Kuan-Yu Chen. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Huang, X. Duan, Q. Wei, and C. M. Lieber, “Directed assembly of one-dimensional nanostructures into functional networks,” Science, vol. 291, no. 5504, pp. 630–633, 2001.
- W. Lu and C. M. Lieber, “Nanoelectronics from the bottom up,” Nature Materials, vol. 6, no. 11, pp. 841–850, 2007.
- M. H. Huang, S. Mao, H. Feick et al., “Room-temperature ultraviolet nanowire nanolasers,” Science, vol. 292, no. 5523, pp. 1897–1899, 2001.
- F. Qian, Y. Li, S. Gradečak, D. Wang, C. J. Barrelet, and C. M. Lieber, “Gallium nitride-based nanowire radial heterostructures for nanophotonics,” Nano Letters, vol. 4, no. 10, pp. 1975–1979, 2004.
- P. V. Radovanovic, C. J. Barrelet, S. Gradečak, F. Qian, and C. M. Lieber, “General synthesis of manganese-doped II-VI and III-V semiconductor nanowires,” Nano Letters, vol. 5, no. 7, pp. 1407–1411, 2005.
- Y. Cui, Z. Zhong, D. Wang, W. U. Wang, and C. M. Lieber, “High performance silicon nanowire field effect transistors,” Nano Letters, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 149–152, 2003.
- M. Law, L. E. Greene, J. C. Johnson, R. Saykally, and P. Yang, “Nanowire dye-sensitized solar cells,” Nature Materials, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 455–459, 2005.
- S. A. Mcdonald, G. Konstantatos, S. Zhang et al., “Solution-processed PbS quantum dot infrared photodetectors and photovoltaics,” Nature Materials, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 138–142, 2005.
- I. L. Medintz, H. T. Uyeda, E. R. Goldman, and H. Mattoussi, “Quantum dot bioconjugates for imaging, labelling and sensing,” Nature Materials, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 435–446, 2005.
- W. K. Hong, J. I. Sohn, D. K. Hwang et al., “Tunable electronic transport characteristics of surface-architecture-controlled ZnO nanowire field effect transistors,” Nano Letters, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 950–956, 2008.
- J. B. Baxter and E. S. Aydil, “Nanowire-based dye-sensitized solar cells,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 86, no. 5, Article ID 053114, pp. 1–3, 2005.
- J. Chen, Y. Zhang, B. J. Skromme, K. Akimoto, and S. J. Pachuta, “Properties of the shallow O-related acceptor level in ZnSe,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 78, no. 8, pp. 5109–5119, 1995.
- H. Kato, M. Sano, K. Miyamoto, and T. Yao, “Homoepitaxial growth of high-quality Zn-polar ZnO films by plasma-assisted molecular beam epitaxy,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics Part 2, vol. 42, no. 8B, pp. L1002–L1005, 2003.
- T. Sergiu, T. S. Shishiyanu, and O. I. Lupan, “Sensing characteristics of tin-doped ZnO thin films as NO2 gas sensor,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 107, no. 1, pp. 379–386, 2005.
- N. Koshizaki and T. Oyama, “Sensing characteristics of ZnO-based NOx sensor,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 66, no. 1, pp. 119–121, 2000.
- L. C. Tien, P. W. Sadik, D. P. Norton et al., “Hydrogen sensing at room temperature with Pt-coated ZnO thin films and nanorods,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 87, no. 22, Article ID 222106, pp. 1–3, 2005.
- M. S. Wagh, G. H. Jain, D. R. Patil, S. A. Patil, and L. A. Patil, “Modified zinc oxide thick film resistors as NH3 gas sensor,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 115, no. 1, pp. 128–133, 2006.
- J. Wöllenstein, J. A. Plaza, C. Cané, Y. Min, H. Böttner, and H. L. Tuller, “A novel single chip thin film metal oxide array,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 93, no. 1–3, pp. 350–355, 2003.
- S. Mridha and D. Basak, “Investigation of a p-CuO/n-ZnO thin film heterojunction for H2 gas-sensor applications,” Semiconductor Science and Technology, vol. 21, no. 7, article 017, pp. 928–932, 2006.
- G. G. Huang, C. T. Wang, H. T. Tang, Y. S. Huang, and J. Yang, “ZnO nanoparticle-modified infrared internal reflection elements for selective detection of volatile organic compounds,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 78, no. 7, pp. 2397–2404, 2006.
- Y. Sun, N. George Ndifor-Angwafor, D. Jason Riley, and M. N. R. Ashfold, “Synthesis and photoluminescence of ultra-thin ZnO nanowire/nanotube arrays formed by hydrothermal growth,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 431, no. 4–6, pp. 352–357, 2006.
- P. Mitra, A. P. Chatterjee, and H. S. Maiti, “ZnO thin film sensor,” Materials Letters, vol. 35, no. 1-2, pp. 33–38, 1998.
- D. Kohl, “The role of noble metals in the chemistry of solid-state gas sensors,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 1, no. 1–6, pp. 158–165, 1990.
- P. P. Sahay, “Zinc oxide thin film gas sensor for detection of acetone,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 40, no. 16, pp. 4383–4385, 2005.
- T. Gao and T. H. Wang, “Synthesis and properties of multipod-shaped ZnO nanorods for gas-sensor applications,” Applied Physics A, vol. 80, no. 7, pp. 1451–1454, 2005.
- J. Gong, Y. Li, X. Chai, Z. Hu, and Y. Deng, “UV-light-activated ZnO fibers for organic gas sensing at room temperature,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 114, no. 2, pp. 1293–1298, 2010.