- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Artificial Intelligence
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 643473, 16 pages
A Set of Geometric Features for Neural Network-Based Textile Defect Classification
1Department of CSE, Prime University, 2A/1 North East of Darussalam Road, Section 1, Mirpur, Dhaka 1216, Bangladesh
2School of Engineering and Computer Science, Independent University, Bangladesh, Plot 16, Block B, Aftabuddin Ahmed Road, Bashundhara R/A, Dhaka 1229, Bangladesh
Received 28 September 2011; Accepted 19 October 2011
Academic Editors: C. Kotropoulos and Y. Liu
Copyright © 2012 Md. Tarek Habib and M. Rokonuzzaman. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Tou and R. Gonzalez, Pattern Recognition Principles, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass, USA, 1981.
- Export from Bangladesh 1972-73 to 2009-2010, http://www.epb.gov.bd/?NoParameter&Theme=default&Script=exporttrend#export_from_bangladesh.
- Trade Information, http://www.bgmea.com.bd/home/pages/TradeInformation.
- M. Salahudin and M. Rokonuzzaman, “Adaptive segmentation of knit fabric images for automated defect detection in semi-structured environments,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology, pp. 255–260, Bangladesh, 2005.
- R. Stojanovic, P. Mitropulos, C. Koulamas, Y. Karayiannis, S. Koubias, and G. Papadopoulos, “Real-time vision-based system for textile fabric inspection,” Real-Time Imaging, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 507–518, 2001.
- R. G. Saeidi, M. Litifi, S. S. Najar, and A. G. Saeidi, “Computer vision-aided fabric inspection system for on-circular knitting machine,” Textile Research Journal, vol. 75, no. 6, pp. 492–497, 2005.
- A. Islam, S. Akhter, and T. Mursalin, “Automated textile defect recognition system using computer vision and artificial neural networks,” Proceedings World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, vol. 13, pp. 1–7, 2006.
- V. Murino, M. Bicego, and I. A. Rossi, “Statistical classification of raw textile defects,” in Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR '04), pp. 311–314, August 2004.
- Y. Karayiannis, R. Stojanovic, and P. Mitropoulos, “Defect detection and classification on web textile fabric using multiresolution decomposition and neural networks,” in Proceedings of the 6th IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Circuits and Systems, pp. 765–768, Pafos , Cyprus, September 1999.
- A. Kumar, “Neural network based detection of local textile defects,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 36, no. 7, pp. 1645–1659, 2003.
- D. A. Karras, S. A. Karkanis, and B. G. Mertzios, “Supervised and unsupervised neural network methods applied to textile quality control based on improved wavelet feature extraction techniques,” International Journal of Computer Mathematics, vol. 67, no. 1-2, pp. 169–181, 1998.
- C. F. J. Kuo and C. J. Lee, “A back-propagation neural network for recognizing fabric defects,” Textile Research Journal, vol. 73, no. 2, pp. 147–151, 2003.
- P. Mitropulos, C. Koulamas, R. Stojanovic, S. Koubias, G. Papadopoulos, and G. Karayanis, “Real-time vision system for defect detection and neural classification of web textile fabric,” in Machine Vision Applications in Industrial Inspection VII, vol. 3652 of Proceedings of SPIE, San Jose, Calif, USA, January 1999.
- E. Shady, Y. Gowayed, M. Abouiiana, S. Youssef, and C. Pastore, “Detection and classification of defects in knitted fabric structures,” Textile Research Journal, vol. 76, no. 4, pp. 295–300, 2006.
- J. G. Campbell, C. Fraley, D. Stanford, F. Murtagh, and A. E. Raftery, “Model-based methods for textile fault detection,” International Journal of Imaging Systems and Technology, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 339–346, 1999.
- F. S. Cohen, Z. Fan, and S. Attali, “Automated inspection of textile fabrics using textural models,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 13, no. 8, pp. 803–808, 1991.
- J. Campbell, A. Hashim, T. McGinnity, and T. Lunney, “Flaw detection in woven textiles by neural network,” in Proceedings of the 5th Irish Neural Networks Conference, pp. 92–99, Maynooth, Ireland, September 1995.
- K. L. Mak, P. Peng, and H. Y. K. Lau, “A real-time computer vision system for detecting defects in textile fabrics,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT '05), pp. 469–474, Hong Kong, China, December 2005.
- Y. Guiguo, Z. Xiaoyong, L. Jinxiang, and Z. Baoqi, “Feature selection of fabric defects based on genetic algorithm,” Journal of Textile Research, no. 12, 2009.
- Y. Shu and Z. Tan, “Fabric defects automatic detection using gabor filters,” in Proceedings of the 5th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation (WCICA '04), pp. 3378–3380, Hangzhou, China, June 2004.
- M. A. Islam, S. Akhter, T. E. Mursalin, and M. Ashraful Amin, “A suitable neural network to detect Textile defects,” in Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Neural Information Processing (ICONIP '06), vol. 4233 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 430–438, October 2006.
- A. Abouelela, H. M. Abbas, H. Eldeeb, A. A. Wahdan, and S. M. Nassar, “Automated vision system for localizing structural defects in textile fabrics,” Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 1435–1443, 2005.
- W. Jasper, J. Joines, and J. Brenzovich, “Fabric defect detection using a genetic algorithm tuned wavelet filter,” Journal of the Textile Institute, vol. 96, no. 1, pp. 43–54, 2005.
- A. Kumar, “Computer-vision-based fabric defect detection: a survey,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 348–363, 2008.
- D. Phillips, Image Processing in C, R & D Publications, Lawrence, Kan, USA, 2nd edition, 2000.