- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 826305, 6 pages
The Effect of the Combined Action of Roscovitine and Paclitaxel on the Apoptotic and Cell Cycle Regulatory Mechanisms in Colon and Anaplastic Thyroid Cancer Cells
Department of Fundamental Problems of Endocrinology, State Institution “V.P. Komisarenko Institute of Endocrinology and Metabolism”, AMS of Ukraine, Kyiv 04114, Ukraine
Received 6 July 2012; Accepted 7 August 2012
Academic Editors: H. Pant and Y. Soini
Copyright © 2012 V. V. Pushkarev et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. T. Bergstralh and J. P. Y. Ting, “Microtubule stabilizing agents: their molecular signaling consequences and the potential for enhancement by drug combination,” Cancer Treatment Reviews, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 166–179, 2006.
- M. Malumbres and M. Barbacid, “Cell cycle, CDKs and cancer: a changing paradigm,” Nature Reviews Cancer, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 153–166, 2009.
- S. Mohapatra, D. Coppola, A. I. Riker, and W. J. Pledger, “Roscovitine inhibits differentiation and invasion in a three-dimensional skin reconstruction model of metastatic melanoma,” Molecular Cancer Research, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 145–151, 2007.
- V. M. Pushkarev, D. V. Starenki, V. A. Saenko et al., “Molecular mechanisms of the effects of low concentrations of taxol in anaplastic thyroid cancer cells,” Endocrinology, vol. 145, no. 7, pp. 3143–3152, 2004.
- B. T. McGrogan, B. Gilmartin, D. N. Carney, and A. McCann, “Taxanes, microtubules and chemoresistant breast cancer,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 1785, no. 2, pp. 96–132, 2008.
- V. M. Pushkarev, D. V. Starenki, V. A. Saenko et al., “Differential effects of low and high doses of Taxol in anaplastic thyroid cancer cells: possible implication of the Pin1 prolyl isomerase,” Experimental Oncology, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 190–194, 2008.
- D. T. Terrano, M. Upreti, and T. C. Chambers, “Cyclin-dependent kinase 1-mediated Bcl-xL/Bcl-2 phosphorylation acts as a functional link coupling mitotic arrest and apoptosis,” Molecular and Cellular Biology, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 640–656, 2010.
- M. H. Ghahremani, E. Keramaris, T. Shree et al., “Interaction of the c-Jun/JNK pathway and cyclin-dependent kinases in death of embryonic cortical neurons evoked by DNA damage,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 277, no. 38, pp. 35586–35596, 2002.
- L. Du, C. S. Lyle, T. B. Obey et al., “Inhibition of cell proliferation and cell cycle progression by specific inhibition of basal JNK activity: evidence that mitotic bcl-2 phosphorylation is JNK-independent,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 279, no. 12, pp. 11957–11966, 2004.
- L. Meijer, A. Borgne, O. Mulner et al., “Biochemical and cellular effects of roscovitine, a potent and selective inhibitor of the cyclin-dependent kinases cdc2, cdk2 and cdk5,” European Journal of Biochemistry, vol. 243, no. 1-2, pp. 527–536, 1997.
- L. Meijer and E. Raymond, “Roscovitine and other purines as kinase inhibitors. From starfish oocytes to clinical trials,” Accounts of Chemical Research, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 417–425, 2003.
- W. Lu, L. Chen, Y. Peng, and J. Chen, “Activation of p53 by roscovitine-mediated suppression of MDM2 expression,” Oncogene, vol. 20, no. 25, pp. 3206–3216, 2001.
- A. Dey, E. T. Wong, C. F. Cheok, V. Tergaonkar, and D. P. Lane, “R-Roscovitine simultaneously targets both the p53 and NF-κB pathways and causes potentiation of apoptosis: implications in cancer therapy,” Cell Death and Differentiation, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 263–273, 2008.
- G. Ortiz-Ferrón, R. Yerbes, A. Eramo, A. I. López-Pérez, R. de Maria, and A. López-Rivas, “Roscovitine sensitizes breast cancer cells to TRAIL-induced apoptosis through a pleiotropic mechanism,” Cell Research, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 664–676, 2008.
- O. M. Tirado, S. Mateo-Lozano, and V. Notario, “Roscovitine is an effective inducer of apoptosis of Ewing's sarcoma family tumor cells in vitro and in vivo,” Cancer Research, vol. 65, no. 20, pp. 9320–9327, 2005.