- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 906109, 7 pages
Primary Cardiac Tumours: A Single-Center 41-Year Experience
1Department of Pathology, Innsbruck Medical University, Müllerstraße 44, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
2Department of Pathology, Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich, Thalkirchner, Straße 36, 80337 Munich, Germany
3Department of Pathology and Neuropathology, University of Duisburg-Essen, Hufelandstraße 55, 45147 Essen, Germany
4Department of Cardiac Surgery, Innsbruck Medical University, Anichstraße 35, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Received 22 February 2012; Accepted 28 March 2012
Academic Editors: A. Bobik, C. Hassager, and A. D. Szekely
Copyright © 2012 Christina Maria Steger et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Burke and R. Virmani, “Classification and incidence of cardiac tumors,” in Atlas of Tumor Pathology: Tumors of the Cardiovascular System, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology Press, Washington, DC, USA, 1996.
- W. D. Travis, E. Brambilla, H. K. Müller-Hermelink, and C. C. Harris, “World Health Organization classification of tumours,” in Pathology & Genetics of Tumours of the Lung, Pleura, Thymus and Heart, p. 250, IARC Press, Lyon, France, 2004.
- A. P. Burke, H. Tazelaar, J. J. Gomes-Roman, et al., “Benign tumors of pluripotent mesenchym,” in Pathology & Genetics of Tumours of the Lung, Pleura, Thymus and Heart, W. Travis, Ed., pp. 260–265, IARC Press, Lyon, France, 2004.
- D. Hi, A. Yoon, and W. C. Roberts, “Sex distribution in cardiac myxomas,” American Journal of Cardiology, vol. 90, no. 5, pp. 563–565, 2002.
- A. P. Burke and R. Virmani, “Cardiac myxoma: a clinicopathologic study,” American Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 100, no. 6, pp. 671–680, 1993.
- J. A. Carney, “Differences between nonfamilial and familial cardiac myxoma,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 53–55, 1985.
- S. Yuda, S. Nakatani, C. Yutani, M. Yamagishi, S. Kitamura, and K. Miyatake, “Trends in the clinical and morphological characteristics of cardiac myxoma—20-Year experience of a single large tertiary referral center in Japan,” Circulation Journal, vol. 66, no. 11, pp. 1008–1013, 2002.
- W. R. Chitwood, “Clarence Crafoord and the first successful resection of a cardiac myxoma,” Annals of Thoracic Surgery, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 997–998, 1992.
- P. M. McCarthy, J. M. Piehler, H. V. Schaff, et al., “The significance of multiple, recurrent, and “complex” cardiac myxomas,” Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, vol. 91, no. 3, pp. 389–396, 1986.
- J. C. Watson, C. A. Stratakis, P. K. Bryant-Greenwood et al., “Neurosurgical implications of Carney complex,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 92, no. 3, pp. 413–418, 2000.
- R. M. Gowda, I. A. Khan, C. K. Nair, N. J. Mehta, B. C. Vasavada, and T. J. Sacchi, “Cardiac papillary fibroelastoma: a comprehensive analysis of 725 cases,” American Heart Journal, vol. 146, no. 3, pp. 404–410, 2003.
- A. N. Kurup, H. D. Tazelaar, W. D. Edwards et al., “Iatrogenic cardiac papillary fibroelastoma: a study of 12 cases (1990 to 2000),” Human Pathology, vol. 33, no. 12, pp. 1165–1169, 2002.
- D. Boulmier, J. E. Ecke, and J. P. Verhoye, “Recurrent myocardial infarction due to obstruction of the right coronary artery ostium by an aortic papillary fibroelastoma,” Journal of Invasive Cardiology, vol. 14, no. 11, pp. 686–688, 2002.
- T. Bottio, D. Pittarello, R. Bonato et al., “Echocardiographic diagnosis of aortic valve papillary fibroelastoma,” Texas Heart Institute Journal, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 322–323, 2004.
- S. Sumino and H. S. Paterson, “No regrowth after incomplete papillary fibroelastoma excision,” Annals of Thoracic Surgery, vol. 79, no. 1, pp. e3–e4, 2005.