- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Communications and Networking
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 914953, 9 pages
Optimizing Virtual Private Network Design Using a New Heuristic Optimization Method
Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science, University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX 75083, USA
Received 21 March 2012; Accepted 19 April 2012
Academic Editors: A. Maaref, C. Pomalaza-Ráez, and A. Zanella
Copyright © 2012 Hongbing Lian and András Faragó. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Mitra, J. A. Morrison, and K. G. Ramakrishnan, “Virtual private networks: joint resource allocation and routing design,” in Proceedings of the 18th Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societie (INFOCOM '99), pp. 480–490, March 1999.
- F. P. Kelly, “Kelly blocking probabilities in large circuit-switched networks,” Advances in Applied Probability, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 473–505, 1986.
- K. W. Ross, Multiservice Loss Models for Broadband Telecommunication Networks, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1995.
- W. Whitt, “Blocking when service is required from several facilities simultaneously,” AT&T Technical Journal, vol. 64, no. 8, pp. 1807–1856, 1985.
- H. Lian and A. Faragó, “A heuristic optimization method and its application in cognitive radio networks,” Computer Science Technical Report UTDCS-39-11, University of Texas at Dallas, Dallas, Tex, USA, 2011.
- B. Dengiz, F. Altiparmak, and A. E. Smith, “Local search genetic algorithm for optimal design of reliable networks,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 179–188, 1997.
- O. C. Martin and S. W. Otto, “Combining simulated annealing with local search heuristics,” Annals of Operations Research, vol. 63, pp. 57–75, 1996.
- Y. Leung, G. Li, and Z. B. Xu, “A genetic algorithm for the multiple destination routing problems,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 150–161, 1998.
- M. Pioro and D. Medhi, Routing, Flow, and Capacity Design in Communication and Computer Networks, Morgan Kaufmann, San Fransisco, Calif, USA, 2004.
- H. Lian and A. Faragó, “Optimizing Call Admission Control for Cognitive Radio Networks Using a New Heuristic Optimization Method,” Science Academy Transactions on Computer and Communication Networks (SATCCN), vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 2046–5157, 2012.
- R. B. Cooper and S. Katz, “Analysis of alternate routing networks account taken of the nonrandomness of overflow traffic,” Tech. Rep., Bell Telephone Laboratories Memorandum, 1964.
- A. A. Jagers and E. A. Van Doorn, “On the continued Erlang loss function,” Operations Research Letters, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 43–46, 1986.
- F. P. Kelly, “Loss networks,” Annals of Applied Probability, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 319–378, 1991.
- S. P. Chung and K. W. Ross, “Reduced load approximations for multirate loss networks,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 41, no. 8, pp. 1222–1231, 1993.
- J. Arabas and S. Kozdrowski, “Applying an evolutionary algorithm to telecommunication network design,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 309–322, 2001.