- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Artificial Intelligence
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 918362, 6 pages
A Smart Proofreader for All Natural Languages: Achieving Semantic Understanding by Majority Vote
1Department of Economy, Informatics and Social Science, Molde University College, P.O. Box 2110, 6402 Molde, Norway
2Department of Informatics, University of Bergen, 5020 Bergen, Norway
Received 27 October 2011; Accepted 17 November 2011
Academic Editor: C. Gentile
Copyright © 2012 Kai A. Olsen. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. S. de Souza, The Semiotic Engineering of Human-Computer Interaction, Part I, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 2005.
- K. A. Olsen and A. Malizia, “Following virtual trails,” IEEE Potentials, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 24–28, 2010.
- C. Brian, The Most Human Human: A Defence of Humanity in the Age of the Compute, Penguin Viking, 2011.
- N. Harwood, L. Austin, and R. Macaulay, “Proofreading in a UK university: proofreaders' beliefs, practices, and experiences,” Journal of Second Language Writing, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 166–190, 2009.
- K. A. Olsen and J. G. Williams, “Spelling and grammar checking using the web as a text repository,” Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, vol. 55, no. 11, pp. 1020–1023, 2004.
- I. Langkilde and K. Knight, “The practical value of N-grams in derivation,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Workshop on Natural Language Generation, pp. 248–255, New Brunswick, NJ, USA, 1998.
- H. Nakanishi, Y. Nakanishi, and J. Tsujii, “Probabilistic models for disambiguation of an HPSG-based chart generator,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Workshop on Parsing Technology, pp. 93–102, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, 2005.
- R. Mudge, “The design of a proofreading software service,” in Proceedings of the NAACL HLT Workshop on Computational Linguistics and Writing, pp. 24–32, 2010.
- D. Asonov, “Real-word typo detection,” in Natural Language Processing and Information Systems, H. Horacek, et al., Ed., vol. 5723/2010 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 115–129, 2010.
- Y. Guo, H. Wang, and J. van Genabith, “Dependency-based n-gram models for general purpose sentence realisation,” Natural Language Engineering, vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 455–483, 2011.
- S. Hirschberg, “A linear space algorithm for computing maximal common subsequences,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 341–343, 1975.
- J. Dean and S. Ghemawat, “MapReduce: simplified data processing on large clusters,” in Proceedings of the 6th Symposium on Operating System Design and Implementation, San Francisco, Calif, USA, December 2004.
- J. Dean and S. Ghemawat, “MapReduce: simplified data processing on large clusters,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 107–113, 2008.
- J. Dean and S. Ghemawat, “Map Reduce: a flexible data processing tool,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 72–77, 2010.
- J. Nielsen and R. Molich, “Heuristic evaluation of user interfaces,” in Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI '90), pp. 249–256, Seattle, Wash, USA, April 1990.