- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 927968, 5 pages
Therapeutic Role of Mobilized Bone Marrow Cells in Children with Nonischemic Dilated Cardiomyopathy
Pediatrics and Clinical Pathology Departments, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo 11321, Egypt
Received 5 July 2012; Accepted 23 September 2012
Academic Editors: C. D. Berkowitz, Y. M. Law, and G. D. Overturf
Copyright © 2012 Nevin M. Habeeb et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Venugopalan, A. K. Agarwal, and E. A. Worthing, “Chronic cardiac failure in children due to dilated cardiomyopathy: diagnostic approach, pathophysiology and management,” European Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 159, no. 11, pp. 803–810, 2000.
- J. Joseph, P. Mehta, A. Rimawi et al., “Stem cell mobilization utilizing granulocyte colony stimulating factor in advanced chronic heart failure: lessons from a pilot study,” European Heart Journal, Supplement, vol. 10, pp. K24–K26, 2008.
- W. H. Xu, J. Son, Y. Wang et al., “Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor reduces cardiomyocyte apoptosis and improves cardiac function in adriamycin-induced cardiomyopathy in rats,” Cardiovascular Drugs and Therapy, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 85–91, 2006.
- S. G. B. Furness and K. McNagny, “Beyond mere markers: functions for CD34 family of sialomucins in hematopoiesis,” Immunologic Research, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 13–32, 2006.
- P. Elliott, B. Andersson, E. Arbustini et al., “Classification of the cardiomyopathies: a position statement from the european society of cardiology working group on myocardial and pericardial diseases,” European Heart Journal, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 270–276, 2008.
- B. Brando, D. Barnett, G. Janossy et al., “Cytofluorometric methods for assessing absolute numbers of cell subsets in blood,” Communications in Clinical Cytometry, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 327–346, 2000.
- A. Abdel-Latif, R. Bolli, I. M. Tleyjeh et al., “Adult bone marrow-derived cells for cardiac repair: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” Archives of Internal Medicine, vol. 167, no. 10, pp. 989–997, 2007.
- W. G. Harmon, L. A. Sleeper, L. Cuniberti et al., “Treating children with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy (from the pediatric cardiomyopathy registry),” American Journal of Cardiology, vol. 104, no. 2, pp. 281–286, 2009.
- R. Olguntürk, S. Kula, G. T. Sucak, M. E. Özdogan, D. Erer, and A. Saygili, “Peripheric stem cell transplantation in children with dilated cardiomyopathy: preliminary report of first two cases,” Pediatric Transplantation, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 257–260, 2010.
- P. J. Quesenberry, G. Colvin, and M. Abedi, “Adult stem cell plasticity: lineage potential on a continuum,” in Cardiovascular Regeneration and Stem Cell Therapy, A. Leri, P. Anversa, and W. H. Frishman, Eds., pp. 11–23, Blackwell/Futura, UK, 2007.
- R. A. K. Kalil, D. Ott, R. Sant'Ana et al., “Autologous transplantation of bone marrow mononuclear stem cells by mini-thoracotomy in dilated cardiomyopathy: technique and early results,” Sao Paulo Medical Journal, vol. 126, no. 2, pp. 75–81, 2008.
- S. Yamada, T. J. Nelson, R. J. Crespo-Diaz et al., “Embryonic stem cell therapy of heart failure in genetic cardiomyopathy,” Stem Cells, vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 2644–2653, 2008.
- D. Zohlnhöfer, A. Dibra, T. Koppara et al., “Stem cell mobilization by granulocyte colony-stimulating factor for myocardial recovery after acute myocardial infarction. a meta-analysis,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 51, no. 15, pp. 1429–1437, 2008.
- A. Hüttmann, U. Dührsen, J. Stypmann et al., “Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor-induced blood stem cell mobilisation in patients with chronic heart failure: feasibility, safety and effects on exercise tolerance and cardiac function,” Basic Research in Cardiology, vol. 101, no. 1, pp. 78–86, 2006.
- A. Kakihana, A. Ishida, M. Miyagi et al., “Improvement of cardiac function after granulocyte-colony stimulating factor-mobilized peripheral blood mononuclear cell implantation in a patient with non-ischemic dilated cardiomyopathy associated with thromboangiitis obliterans,” Internal Medicine, vol. 48, no. 12, pp. 1003–1007, 2009.
- M. Harada, Y. Qin, H. Takano et al., “G-CSF prevents cardiac remodeling after myocardial infarction by activating the Jak-Stat pathway in cardiomyocytes,” Nature Medicine, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 305–311, 2005.
- S. Dimmeler, J. Burchfield, and A. M. Zeiher, “Cell-based therapy of myocardial infarction,” Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 208–216, 2008.