- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 263271, 7 pages
Interferon Inducible IFI16 Expression in p16 Positive Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Oropharynx
1Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812-8582, Japan
2Department of Anatomic Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812-8582, Japan
Received 10 May 2013; Accepted 19 June 2013
Academic Editors: R. Davis and T. Just
Copyright © 2013 Moriyasu Yamauchi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. H. Chung and M. L. Gillison, “Human papillomavirus in head and neck cancer: its role in pathogenesis and clinical implications,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 15, no. 22, pp. 6758–6762, 2009.
- K. K. Ang, J. Harris, R. Wheeler, et al., “Human papillomavirus and survival of patients with oropharyngeal cancer,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 363, no. 1, pp. 24–35, 2010.
- R. W. Johnstone, W. Wei, A. Greenway, and J. A. Trapani, “Functional interaction between p53 and the interferon-inducible nucleoprotein IFI 16,” Oncogene, vol. 19, no. 52, pp. 6033–6042, 2000.
- S. Veeranki and D. Choubey, “Interferon-inducible p200-family protein IFI16, an innate immune sensor for cytosolic and nuclear double-stranded DNA: regulation of subcellular localization,” Molecular Immunology, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 567–571, 2012.
- R. W. Johnstone and J. A. Trapani, “Transcription and growth regulatory functions of the HIN-200 family of proteins,” Molecular and Cellular Biology, vol. 19, no. 9, pp. 5833–5838, 1999.
- J. C. Kwak, P. P. Ongusaha, T. Ouchi, and S. W. Lee, “IFI16 as a negative regulator in the regulation of p53 and p21(Waf1),” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 278, no. 42, pp. 40899–40904, 2003.
- H. Xin, J. Curry, R. W. Johnstone, B. J. Nickoloff, and D. Choubey, “Role of IFI 16, a member of the interferon-inducible p200-protein family, in prostate epithelial cellular senescence,” Oncogene, vol. 22, no. 31, pp. 4831–4840, 2003.
- B. Azzimonti, M. Pagano, M. Mondini et al., “Altered patterns of the interferon-inducible gene IFI16 expression in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: immunohistochemical study including correlation with retinoblastoma protein, human papillomavirus infection and proliferation index,” Histopathology, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 560–572, 2004.
- R. Yasumatsu, T. Nakashima, M. Yamauchi, T. Wakasaki, M. Masuda, and S. Komune, “Thymidylate synthase expression as a predictor of clinical response to 5-fluorouracil-based chemoradiotherapy in patients with maxillary sinus squamous cell carcinoma,” Auris Nasus Larynx, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 387–391, 2011.
- S. Marur, G. D'Souza, W. H. Westra, and A. A. Forastiere, “HPV-associated head and neck cancer: a virus-related cancer epidemic,” The Lancet Oncology, vol. 11, no. 8, pp. 781–789, 2010.
- A. M. Hong, T. A. Dobbins, C. S. Lee et al., “Human papillomavirus predicts outcome in oropharyngeal cancer in patients treated primarily with surgery or radiation therapy,” British Journal of Cancer, vol. 103, no. 10, pp. 1510–1517, 2010.
- A. D. Singhi and W. H. Westra, “Comparison of human papillomavirus in situ hybridization and p16 immunohistochemistry in the detection of human papillomavirus-associated head and neck cancer based on a prospective clinical experience,” Cancer, vol. 116, no. 9, pp. 2166–2173, 2010.
- C. Wittekindt, E. Gültekin, S. J. Weissenborn, H. P. Dienes, H. J. Pfister, and J. P. Klussmann, “Expression of p16 protein is associated with human papillomavirus status in tonsillar carcinomas and has implications on survival,” Advances in Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, vol. 62, pp. 72–80, 2005.
- T. Wiest, E. Schwarz, C. Enders, C. Flechtenmacher, and F. X. Bosch, “Involvement of intact HPV16 E6/E7 gene expression in head and neck cancers with unaltered p53 status and perturbed pRB cell cycle control,” Oncogene, vol. 21, no. 10, pp. 1510–1517, 2002.
- R. Raffaella, D. Gioia, M. De Andrea et al., “The interferon-inducible IFI16 gene inhibits tube morphogenesis and proliferation of primary, but not HPV16 E6/E7-immortalized human endothelial cells,” Experimental Cell Research, vol. 293, no. 2, pp. 331–345, 2004.